Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

Professional Hawk pilot flies Just Flights Hawk T1, amazing.

This is a brilliant video of a professional pilot flying Just Flights Hawk through the Mach loop in Wales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxxXv9XhbM

Edited by Scimiter
spelling
  • Like 12

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

That video deserves way more views. Insightful and impressive.

The Hawk looks great too!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I think all of his videos are really good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

That video deserves way more views. Insightful and impressive.

The Hawk looks great too!

I agree, it is a great insight into how a professional pilot flies, also it shows how good MSFS really is.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

1 minute ago, Scimiter said:

I agree, it is a great insight into how a professional pilot flies, also it shows how good MSFS really is.

I was surprised at how good  that aircraft looked flying in MSFS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yeah, that is a great video! Made me want to get the aircraft TBH (and I usually have no interest in fighter jets). 

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

8 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yeah, that is a great video! Made me want to get the aircraft TBH (and I usually have no interest in fighter jets). 

The Nice thing about the Hawk is its not a flighter, its a Trainer and becasue of that it fits so well withing this sim.

I got it last night and think its stunning. Alone with the  F104G also stunning.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Same here really, as they are better in DCS.  But I class the Hawk as a training jet rather than a fighter jet, so I make an excuse for myself. :biggrin:
The JF Hawk is great in MSFS.  It keeps you working on the trim with speed changes / throttle inputs, but I suppose this is authentic.
No big problem when you get used to it.

Edit:  Crossed post with David - great minds think alike.  And it seems even ours do as well!  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This guy must have sold a lot of copies for JF. If I work on this for a few months, I may be able to get the engine started.

• Like 2

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I got it last night and think its stunning. Alone with the  F104G also stunning.

If you had to pick just one.... ?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

If you had to pick just one.... ?

Well that has been my problem since the release of the Hawk, at that time I know the F104G was coming. Also I saw the Hawk looked a bit sensitive on pitch, some takeoff's I watch it looked bad. Then the F104 came out and that has some bugs, nothing bad but a few bugs. Also the Hawk is now version 1.4 so has had a few updates.

So, I took a deep breath and bought both. I have done 1 flight in the F104 from miramar to Airforce base in The USAF test range. Its stunning but i see the bugs one being you cannot use full right bank. Left fine but not right!! So I have deleted it and will return on update.

The hawk on take off was very nose heavy and it was noding up and down on take off, but now I have found up can simply add nose up trim and its now smooth as butter. It is also a far more polished product at this time. Its far better than I thought. Its really fast a handfull on approuch as it should be, but done right its wonderfull. 10/10. 

So to pick one, right now, the Hawk.

But when the F104 is sorted then I would say the F104 becasue its just a beast and looks breathtaking, and sounds it. Will needs a  good update or two, then...🙂 Glad I have both as they are both very diffrent really. So, they cover two diffrent world, very old school and more upto date trainer.

Just buy the one you like the most, if you can buy the Hawk now and the F104 after a good update. All imo ofc.🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I usually set 2 degrees Up trim for take-off, which really helps out. Love this plane. It just feels right. Had the fortune to have a number of back seater flights in the TF-9 Cougar in the early 70’s. This jet really reminds me of the feel of the Cougar’s controls. The TF-9 was on its last legs of service back then.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well that has been my problem since the release of the Hawk, at that time I know the F104G was coming. Also I saw the Hawk looked a bit sensitive on pitch, some takeoff's I watch it looked bad. Then the F104 came out and that has some bugs, nothing bad but a few bugs. Also the Hawk is now version 1.4 so has had a few updates.

So, I took a deep breath and bought both. I have done 1 flight in the F104 from miramar to Airforce base in The USAF test range. Its stunning but i see the bugs one being you cannot use full right bank. Left fine but not right!! So I have deleted it and will return on update.

The hawk on take off was very nose heavy and it was noding up and down on take off, but now I have found up can simply add nose up trim and its now smooth as butter. It is also a far more polished product at this time. Its far better than I thought. Its really fast a handfull on approuch as it should be, but done right its wonderfull. 10/10. 

So to pick one, right now, the Hawk.

But when the F104 is sorted then I would say the F104 becasue its just a beast and looks breathtaking, and sounds it. Will needs a  good update or two, then...🙂 Glad I have both as they are both very diffrent really. So, they cover two diffrent world, very old school and more upto date trainer.

Just buy the one you like the most, if you can buy the Hawk now and the F104 after a good update. All imo ofc.🙂

Thanks David! As you may know, I have the TF-104G and have every expectation that it will be awesome once a few more bugs are ironed out (it looks so great in MSFS, I can't believe it.). I've owned it in FSX and P3D and it's always been one of my favorites.  I'm really trying to limit my add-on aircraft to 'top shelf' offerings, so you're praise of the Hawk is NOT helping. LOL

I have Dino's MB-326, so I thought I could do without the Hawk, but now I'm so confused.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I have the T-45c goshawk so it's hard for me to just the T/1 hawk

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

50 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I'm really trying to limit my add-on aircraft to 'top shelf' offerings, so you're praise of the Hawk is NOT helping. LOL

I could not agree more, I wasted so much money on favour of the month aircraft in P3D, I swore to myself I would not do that again.

I would not replace the Hawk with any other Training jet, you cannot find a bad review of it and a few by Hawk pilots. I waited a long time to buy fir the very reasons you say. 

I don’t think the Hawk clashes will the F104, and the F104 will more than likely be the only mil jet I buy. The Hark is a British trainer and a fair cry from the F104. 

Tonight I spent doing my own PDF walkthrough as you know I make, And it now done. It’s not a hard plane to learn but you do have to fly/land it my the numbers. But what I like so much is it tells you really fast when it’s not happy lol.

Is it top shelf?, yes I think it is.