Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

Any update on the SU7 Hotfix?

I can see it now.....    Jan 18, 2022    " I decided to go for the hotfix now. I wonder if Track IR will work normally after I install it?"   😉

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It does, at least on my computer. And many more has been fixed as well.

Good luck

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

41 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

From my perspective the color banding and the clouds hugging the ground are fixed.

Full release notes below:

Thanks Fuzzy, I should have read that. I was under impression live weather was up to par now....

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

2 hours ago, phmcr said:

I checked, I got version 1.21.18, which I learned is the current one for the hotfix.....

What did they hotfix?

They haven't hotfixed anything. This is a beta testing build, which has corrected certain issues and not others, because it's an in-progress data gathering and analysis exercise while they work on a different build in the background, which may already contain some more fixes and will either then be released as another test iteration, or could result in the proper release version patch.

I've said it before elsewhere, but disappointment aimed at a beta test build is misdirected. If it were the actual released build (the patch) and still hadn't fixed the issues it aimed to fix, then there would be genuine cause for frustration.

4 minutes ago, March Hare said:

They haven't hotfixed anything. This is a beta testing build, which has corrected certain issues and not others, because it's an in-progress data gathering and analysis exercise while they work on a different build in the background, which may already contain some more fixes and will either then be released as another test iteration, or could result in the proper release version patch.

I've said it before elsewhere, but disappointment aimed at a beta test build is misdirected. If it were the actual released build (the patch) and still hadn't fixed the issues it aimed to fix, then there would be genuine cause for frustration.

And of course, the new the new "proper release version" , if it follows their pattern, will almost certainly break some more things that are now working properly. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Yesterday the game Humankind on Steam was updated. It was a large update, several GB.

The update broke some function for some people. 

Today it was hotfixed. ONE day later. 

It's also common for several automobile racing sims to be updated with hotfixes arriving just a few days later.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And of course, the new the new "proper release version" , if it follows their pattern, will almost certainly break some more things that are now working properly. 

But Microsoft have already stopped following their usual pattern with this beta. I purposely say Microsoft, not Asobo, because it's Microsoft's release plan that has caused the problems seen along the way. Breaking things is normal par for the course of this kind of development, constantly working on new features, etc., the difference being that you may not see (as many) broken parts in other games because the updates aren't tied to a planned, fixed or tight release schedule. When the developer must turn in the current build to the publisher to meet an inflexible, publicly promised release date, this is what you get.

Now, the signs here are that Microsoft have finally listened and changed to a flexible schedule, giving Asobo the opportunity to actually get things into working order. They have even removed SU8 from the latest roadmap. So, let's have a little more faith based on these indications of change.

Of course, you might still get some unexpected bugs, because that's also the nature of this industry, with unexpected problems occurring in live versions that have even escaped testers. But hopefully there will be nothing as glaringly broken in future updates.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

True. But their even number releases (SU4, SU6) have been good so far. So I'm hoping SU8 will be a good one too. 
That being said, we need the hotfix now before Christmas. 

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

It's really curious why the SU7 beta fix is still being referred to as a "Hotfix" when it took 2-1/2 weeks (Nov 18 to Dec 6) to see the light of day as a Beta and is still in that stage over 1-1/2 weeks later.  Granted, it's an open Beta and anyone can download it, but given how unexpected twists and turns happen with each SU or WU update and the horror stories of people having to do reinstalls when simple things seem to go wrong for whatever reason, some folks including myself understandably are dubious about jumping into another code branch when it remains to be seen if the offical version of the fix will have a well-behaved install over the beta version once Asobo decides to stick a fork in it and release it into production well over a month after SU7.  

So it's hardly "hot" and has really ended up being more of a casual, Room-TemperatureFix.  For contrast, in the IL-2 Sturmovik world, which as a flight simulator with it's own complexities missing in MSFS (weapon, damage, and pilot physiology modeling) and which also has regularly-scheduled major updates, the development team gets their hotfixes out in 1 to 2 days, perhaps 5 business days at max, and in rare cases where one or two items might hold up getting other fixes out, they split them into separate hotfixes so the community can get the fixed items as soon as possible while others are still in work.  Looking at it from purely an objective standpoint, the current lengthy MSFS beta fix strategy seems to be based on the idea of letting perfection stand in the way of progress.

But please don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining because it provides an opportunity to catch up on other activities.  Personally, while waiting for KSBA to not be socked in with constant clouds and haze obscuring the runways on final approach 24/7, I've been able to dive back in to expanding my DIY luthier skills and so far have done a complete full setup including fret re-level and crown on 3 of my newer guitars that really benefitted from some detailed attention.  They play like butter now, which makes the spare hours off work very entertaining and avoids stress thinking about such frightening thoughts like "what if 9 years from now, Asobo pushes out their last and final Sim Update and it has an odd number like SU67??!"

But for the time being I thank Asobo for letting me once again realize some productive hours in my spare time.  I hope everyone here at AvSim also finds time for the enjoyable things in life and has a wonderful Holiday Season while waiting for the eventual production fixes.

xdsIGyf.jpg

cK15zuA.jpg

ucV6dlv.jpg

rlj6t3p.jpg

QSgBgQV.jpg

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I have installed Beta today, so now I just hope I doesn't have to reinstall the whole game when the official hotfix is released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have installed Beta today, so now I just hope I doesn't have to reinstall the whole game when the official hotfix is released.

or even reinstall windows.....🤓

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

or even reinstall windows.....🤓

Hahahaha😂

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

11 hours ago, Ixoye said:

To reinstall the core game is a matter of minutes but to download and reinstall the official/OnStore folder is the real pain. I did a backup of that part (just in case) and hope this helps.

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

12 hours ago, Ixoye said:

You are more courageous than me 😄 ! 

Are you feeling better, by the way ?

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Well it has caused me to have to build a whole new computer...  Or at least that is what I have told the wife!  :unsure:

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.