Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

Any update on the SU7 Hotfix?

Hi

I know the hotfix Beta has been out with testers, including Steam laterly, but has anyone seen any news on when it might be released?

• Like 2

If there had been I feel certain there would be a very busy thread at the top of this particular forum. And there isn't 😉

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

If there had been I feel certain there would be a very busy thread at the top of this particular forum. And there isn't 😉

My crystal ball is in the shop for repair again, but when I get it back, I will let everyone know. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

My crystal ball is in the shop for repair again, but when I get it back, I will let everyone know. 

Quite

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

15 minutes ago, Ferg said:

Thanks chaps

You're welcome. I'm sure you won't miss it when it happens. There will be a drama of some sort, I'm sure.

Drama? What drama? There's never drama here! 🙄

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Funny you should say that. They found a large crystal ball in a field by me yesterday.  Nobody seems to know knows who it belongs to, but the local police are currently looking into it.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On a more serious note and in reply to the OP...

The Hotfix Beta seems to be going fairly well, so I would say they would want to release it for everyone before the holiday.  Certainly, I am quite happy with it.
No performance issues, colour banding and TrackIR issues fixed, along with a few other items such as resetting the assistance settings to easy bug after visiting the marketplace.  If no major breakages appear (and I don't know of any), I would say just get it out there.

They haven't fixed the issues of CTD's and blue / purple patches in DX11 mode with the latest Nvidia driver, but I am not sure if it is up to MS / Asobo or Nvidia.
In any case, turning off HAGS appears to be the workaround for now, and you won't miss HAGS with MSFS anyway as it doesn't appear to increase performance in any way.

There is still a bit of disagreement whether the clouds are still too low or not.  Some say it is true to METAR, but one guy said METAR says 9000ft base and clouds were still way lower (flying in them at 5-6k ft) - not sure if this can be adjusted server side rather than in the patch, as they do seem to be playing with it.

The only thing I have had go wrong is the throttle is reversed on my Starfighter, but works the right way in other aircraft.  Just a little quirk to be fixed by the developer I think.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 14

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

On a more serious note and in reply to the OP...

The Hotfix Beta seems to be going fairly well, so I would say they would want to release it for everyone before the holiday.  Certainly, I am quite happy with it.
No performance issues, colour banding and TrackIR issues fixed, along with a few other items such as resetting the assistance settings to easy bug after visiting the marketplace.  If no major breakages appear (and I don't know of any), I would say just get it out there.

They haven't fixed the issues of CTD's and blue / purple patches in DX11 mode with the latest Nvidia driver, but I am not sure if it is up to MS / Asobo or Nvidia.
In any case, turning of HAGS appears to be the workaround for now, and you won't miss HAGS with MSFS anyway as it doesn't appear to increase performance in any way.

There is still a bit of disagreement whether the clouds are still too low or not.  Some say it is true to METAR, but one guy said METAR says 9000ft base and clouds were still way lower (flying in them at 5-6k ft) - not sure if this can be adjusted server side rather than in the patch, as they do seem to be playing with it.

The only thing I have had go wrong is the throttle is reversed on my Starfighter, but works the right way in other aircraft.  Just a little quirk to be fixed by the developer I think.

Thanks for the feedback - out of interest is that throttle bug on the TF-104G still there after the SSW updated their original release?

Just now, Ferg said:

Thanks for the feedback - out of interest is that throttle bug on the TF-104G still there after the SSW updated their original release?

I am on V2 of the SSW Starfighter, so I think yes, unless there has been another update since, but I have received no further notification of an update up to now.

I would say the CTDs are NVIDIA's issue to fix.

It does seem like the main issues have been resolved. But I think that is an important point regarding many reporting that the low clouds issue is resolved, while  one or two others are claiming it isn't. If I were Asobo, and more to the point Microsoft, who decide the what and when of releases, I would go with the majority on that and just release it. But are they trying to please absolutely everyone, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and taking the extra time to investigate further because of one or two negative reports? Perhaps. And, considering the pressure to stop releasing updates until they are working to an agreeable extent, I probably wouldn't blame them.

But I've seen these disagreements on the official forum and here about weather generally: some pilots saying conditions are correct or at least close enough, and others saying no it's incorrect. So, who is right, and how can Asobo ever know for sure if something is working "correctly" if you have two real life pilots with completely opposing viewpoints?

I don't know. I just think, whatever state they get the weather to, they will face positive and negative responses almost equally. So, based on Bobcat's summary, I'd like to see the release sooner than later, because it sounds fixed enough for now (highly subjective, it seems).

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I would say the CTDs are NVIDIA's issue to fix.

I just take the opportunity to say something: imagine if nVidia forced the update to driver 497.09 as Asobo did until now with MSFS updates. Fortunately we can choose which driver performs better and is more stable for our config (HAGS and Resizable BAR being part of the config).

OK, MSFS must be updated on all machines because of data streaming, MP, etc... but now we can choose between SU7 and SU7 hotfix beta at least. Let's not pressure Asobo to release another buggy update, let's wait for them to do a proper job this time. Who wants to try the beta, it's free for all and downloadable in 2 minutes, otherwise stay with SU7 but please let's not put pressure on Asobo... and who knows, if we are patient some good surprise could be added to the final hotfix, such as killing the white dot for legacy cockpit interaction mode 🙂 Nobody expected the color depth fix with this beta after all...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

As I said, I would like to see it released sooner than later in regards to the issues it was intended to fix, which sound like they are fixed, according to feedback I've seen (but not, according to some other feedback, so who really knows). However, I don't really care (personally) when it's released. Sooner than later would be nice. But I would never rush them for anything. I'm just sitting back and waiting. I'd even wait for the next SU update if it came to it.

I know how difficult it can be to fix bugs, and I know how long they can take. I also know the solutions are rarely as obvious as some might think, including the programmers. It's like the widespread assumption that Asobo don't know the difference between AGL and MSL, assuming that they have done no research, despite the fact they are partnered with Meteoblue on the weather system. This isn't necessarily so; a bug is, after all, an unexpected error while seemingly doing things right on the surface, so this specific issue could in fact have been something like variables getting mixed up somewhere, and could have been as "simple" as the coding equivalent of a typo -- but tracing such things is a needle in a haystack at times.

Anyway, I digress slightly. Continuing to wait patiently here.

20 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

There is still a bit of disagreement whether the clouds are still too low or not.  Some say it is true to METAR, but one guy said METAR says 9000ft base and clouds were still way lower (flying in them at 5-6k ft) - not sure if this can be adjusted server side rather than in the patch, as they do seem to be playing with it.

What about the weather when there is no Metar ? Cloudless sky ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam