Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

iFly Advanced Series 737NG Service Pack 1 now available

25 minutes ago, Lucas Gomes said:

Unfortunately the iFly forum is only available to those who have purchased it.

Are you saying that you have this aircraft and did not purchase it?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

26 minutes ago, Lucas Gomes said:

r28xWbk.jpeg

E922nvQ.jpeg

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

54 minutes ago, Lucas Gomes said:

Rather to those who purchased anything, I guess, as I don't have the 737NG Advanced yet, and I am able to see all the posts.

Edited by Rafal

Maybe I spoke too soon about the SP1 P3D5.2 compatibility. Let's wait and see.
Here's a user's quote from the iFly forum:

Just an FYI, I've attempted to run 5.2 with SP1 since I also noticed it was only due to the HUD. Even though I don't have the HUD selected for the livery, the sim still crashes when it loads in. Doing nothing except replacing 5.2 with 5.3 fixed the issue, so I think it's safe to assume it really does require 5.3.

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Are you saying that you have this aircraft and did not purchase it?

I'm saying that only those who bought a product from ifly can access their forum. I don't have the aircraft and would like to see their forum to follow the development and see more images but I can't. I don't know why they don't want to show their forum to everyone.

10 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

ReadBGL CTDs when reading FlyTampa EHAM, work around was to uncheck FT EHAM in ReadBGL.

Jannie Roelofse posted in the iFly forum that they found the problem: the "ReadBgl.exe file slipped through and did not get included" and that "both SP1 and the full installer v4.01.0 will be replaced in the next 30 minutes" ... and that was almost six hours ago.

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

How does the LNAV work in this compared to the NGXu? In the NGXu it jerks around too much and is not smooth. I hold little hope that we will see their improved LNAV anytime before mid to late 2022 if then. If iFly is a lot better, I'm going to purchase it. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, Lucas Gomes said:

I'm saying that only those who bought a product from ifly can access their forum.

I'm there now without loggin in. You can access the Ifly forums just not the Licensed Member support area.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

B777ER

I tested iFly thro’ lots of quite odd SIDS, STARS and Approaches over the last few weeks without any problems. If you have a particular one that gives problems to the NGXu, I can give it a try with iFly?

John Rooum

1 hour ago, JRMurray said:

Jannie Roelofse posted in the iFly forum that they found the problem: the "ReadBgl.exe file slipped through and did not get included" and that "both SP1 and the full installer v4.01.0 will be replaced in the next 30 minutes" ... and that was almost six hours ago

Well, maybe I lucked out and the installer I got didn't include the SP1. I dunno. All I know is I didn't notice anything weird, but but I did not give it a complete flight. Guess I'll find out. I am happy with 5.2. and in no hurry to upgrade. No doubt I will, but I have not been in the mood. Yes. I have to be in a certain mood to perform an upgrade... a rare and paradoxical combination of ennui and motivation plus willingness to endure potential frustration. There's a HUD? LOL Truth is, while I'll enjoy the iFly, I will buy just about any airliner someone develops for P3D because it's the right thing to do (for me, not necessarily thee).

The GetLiveries is a nice addition. However, where are the 737-900 liveries? Or, have I finally and completely lost it?

The new font is nice, but a bit large, but, as someone above noted, it's a good readability change.

I've had good results with VNAV but haven't done near enough flying to make a comparison to the 737ngxygafbxyz

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Interesting, I don't have GFConfig installed because it's not required when using GIT ... in fact it can actually cause issues.  Why is GFConfig (GoFlights not GIT) required for iFly?  To be clear GFConfig is GoFlight's tool and GIT is Steve's tool.

Cheers, Rob.

Some confusion here Rob.

I don't know whether you saw my later post regarding my xmas excesses but to clarify things:

GFConfig has built in support for all Ifly aircraft, FS default aircraft, LevelD and Project Magenta, all selected from the dropdown list.  The remaining choice is Compatible Addon which is only used along with GIT.

So, with say PMDG aircraft GFConfig is set to Compatible Addon and GIT will run perfectly. Any GIT profiles the user has made also requires GFConfig to be set to Compatible Addon to operate correctly as per your GIT tutorials.

To summarise. As an iFly beta tester for many years all iFly needs is GFConfig to be configured to iFly.

All the best

Norm

Edited by Knoblet

It isn't listed as one of the updates, but the taxi ground friction seems much improved to me. My plane stared rolling at idle thrust with the parking brake off and seems to maintain taxi speed better.

The engines do seem to spool fast compared to the NGXu. Maybe someone with real world experience in the real NG could comment on that?

Vic green

22 hours ago, JRMurray said:

List of corrected and new items.

1. DU/CDU Fonts updated.
  2. Adjusted Eyepoint position.
  3. Livery Installation Tool. [New]
  1. With a rather large monitor I didn't see the issue but excited to see the change.
  2. This I am VERY interested in as default did have you pointed down towards the runway way too much.
  3. This was a little tricky to figure out before so this will be a nice addition.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try this out this weekend.

I just wanted to add anyone on the fence about it, GET IT!   It fly's great, has amazing sound and visuals in and out.

Edited by TurboKen

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

Anybody care to post a screenshot showing the new font? 

As requested:

737A.jpg

737B.jpg

They did some adjustments but left unfixed spool up-down response. It is way too sensitive.

LNAV/VNAV is good as well IAN approaches.

• Like 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090