Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Live weather down for beta users

24 minutes ago, OlliePen said:

Why would I want or need a 3PD's adjunct to kill my frames just for candy?

I purchased and used REX WF consistently over several months when MSFS default weather was no where near up to par.  I also used the separate Unreal Weather app for MSFS.  Both performed well when I used them and I did not observe any killing of frames from either.  My recent experience with MSFS default weather has been very good to excellent so I have not had to fall back to either of those 3rd party weather apps for a while now.  My recommendation is that you try a product and gain experience with it before you make negative comments about it.

• Like 6

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I purchased and used REX WF consistently over several months when MSFS default weather was no where near up to par.  I also used the separate Unreal Weather app for MSFS.  Both performed well when I used them and I did not observe any killing of frames from either.  My recent experience with MSFS default weather has been very good to excellent so I have not had to fall back to either of those 3rd party weather apps for a while now.  My recommendation is that you try a product and gain experience with it before you make negative comments about it.

I have heard enough talk (live talk with people running it) about REX WF to make me not want to try it, otherwise I certainly would. 😀

Edited by OlliePen

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Oh but many harder core simmers insisted on integration of METAR which is exactly when Asobo began taking at stab at it, right?  Absolutely.  Moreover they have said they had major changes coming to the weather system.  Sounds like a WIP and as I said I think it's completely unfounded to make the statement, 'If Asobo can't it right consistently' has no basis in reality because they have yet to announce they're done working on it..  

So how long are paying customers supposed to wait for a fundamental advertised feature to be functional and reliable?  I don't remember reading anywhere that MSFS is an Early Access title.

• Upvote 3

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

4 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

So how long are paying customers supposed to wait for a fundamental advertised feature to be functional and reliable?  I don't remember reading anywhere that MSFS is an Early Access title.

I wish I knew, man. I know I ponied up my $135 after tax on 8/17/2020 and have been on-and-off frustrated with the weather in the sim. When it works, it is so beautiful.

When it's 225/03 and CAVU, it raises my BP. 😬 

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

29 minutes ago, fppilot said:

For the record I bought REX back in November when Asobo broke the weather engine after SU7 (so this year old argument some are pushing because of the video I posted holds no water).  Thought I uninstalled it so I tried again today with the latest update and it still has the same issue as before.  It's not an alternative for me to the default weather Asobo provides.  I resorted back in late November to setting up weather themes in FS to get me over the hump until I decided to try the excellent beta effort.  The weather was amazing until they broke it again. REX weather doesn't cut it plain and simple...👎  At least not for me...

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

43 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Same here. When Live Weather doesn't perform well, I use REX Weather Force. 

Yeah, but let's talk about videos from 2020....

8 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

Sorry but by now, if you're still asking a question like that, I feel for you.  Obviously MSFS is a work in progress, was from the start and continues, hence the frequent Sim and World Updates.  Do you honestly feel you've been shortchanged for the $119 you paid for it if that indeed is what you paid?  For $200 you can pick up P3D which gets you exactly zero live weather, wretched scenery, wretched airports and worthless default planes.  A raft of HC simmers wanted METAR integration, so they started on this hardly inconsequential change and they hopefully aren't done with it.  You're supposed to wait until it's finished, or find another stable, static sim like FSX if you can't tolerate the pace of development. Right now, today, with LW down, you can use presets and be on a par or better with what P3D offers for $200.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

They really need to sort this out. It happens way too frequently.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

It is an alternative under those circumstances.

In fact, it is the ONLY alternative in this sim unless you want to fly in clear skies. So it is what I am using TODAY and it's much better than "real weather" in MSFS, That is why I keep it installed. Is it perfect? NO. Is it ALL WE HAVE today? Yes. 

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

For $200 you can pick up P3D which gets you exactly zero live weather, wretched scenery, wretched airports and worthless default planes.

you can use presets and be on a par or better with what P3D offers for $200.  

Gotta love it when people deliberately use the $200 professional P3D version that only a handful of people (relatively speaking) actually own because they have a special need for it (developers, etc.) while conveniently ignoring the perfectly reasonably priced academic version in order to dramatize the anti-P3D argument.

Also, MSFS is not obviously a work in progress. It was never advertised as anything other than a fully developed software. No early access tag, beta access tag or whatever you want to call it anywhere. We know it's still lacking in some ways because we either use it or are more invested in the flight sim community, but anyone else is never made aware of it when purchasing, so getting disappointed at the work in progress state is not on them.

Edited by threegreen
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

good afternoon and best wishes to all of you in this year that has arrived...
In terms of time, speaking of it, here in my region, that is, 70% of my country at the moment we are with a lot of rain and a lot of heavy clouds CB etç. In the SUV 7 clear skies in any sector. I even use the Rex Weather too, but with no chance of a current reality.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

38 minutes ago, Noel said:

Sorry but by now, if you're still asking a question like that, I feel for you.  Obviously MSFS is a work in progress, was from the start and continues, hence the frequent Sim and World Updates.  Do you honestly feel you've been shortchanged for the $119 you paid for it if that indeed is what you paid?  For $200 you can pick up P3D which gets you exactly zero live weather, wretched scenery, wretched airports and worthless default planes.  A raft of HC simmers wanted METAR integration, so they started on this hardly inconsequential change and they hopefully aren't done with it.  You're supposed to wait until it's finished, or find another stable, static sim like FSX if you can't tolerate the pace of development. Right now, today, with LW down, you can use presets and be on a par or better with what P3D offers for $200.  

It's obviously a work in progress, the frustration comes when they're constantly breaking the Sim. SU5 was dreadful, SU7 bugs still not fixed and the beta is a shambles.

Sure we've got our monies worth and it's great when it works, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't complain when things go so terribly wrong line these persistent server issues which have plagued the Sim for months.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

31 minutes ago, haskell said:

In fact, it is the ONLY alternative in this sim unless you want to fly in clear skies. So it is what I am using TODAY and it's much better than "real weather" in MSFS, That is why I keep it installed. Is it perfect? NO. Is it ALL WE HAVE today? Yes. 

This.

DId the fix it yet? I have like 2 hours of free time. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom