Sign in to follow this  
saifs

Speedboat for MSFS on simmarket!

12 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Here ya go bud an actual useful video.😉

I've made a list of things I'll send to the author and hopefully it can be implemented in the future.

It's a great model with tons of potential, and it was really cool to speed through the Venice scenery with it during sunset.

The possibilities are endless with this sim for air, ground and sea travel.

Hi guys, I'm the developer of this addon.

I'm very new to aircraft development, I've made liveries and sceneries in the past, and thought it was time to move to aircraft development about a month ago. This project was very fun to do, but I understand it is far from perfect, and there are many things I could add. I would love to hear your suggestions on this post itself rather than E-mail, so we could all discuss them. 

Thanks.
P.S. I have my exams coming up, so updates may not come until end of January, but I'll be sure to make them good ones!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sticky said:

let me know when I can play a round of golf in MSFS....

best post yet 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, Adi_S said:

Hi guys, I'm the developer of this addon.

I'm very new to aircraft development, I've made liveries and sceneries in the past, and thought it was time to move to aircraft development about a month ago. This project was very fun to do, but I understand it is far from perfect, and there are many things I could add. I would love to hear your suggestions on this post itself rather than E-mail, so we could all discuss them. 

Thanks.
P.S. I have my exams coming up, so updates may not come until end of January, but I'll be sure to make them good ones!

1. The windshield has a blurred effect on the outward view from the interior because of an alpha layer with the glass material, can you make the glass alphas transparent in the next patch?

2. Some sort of anchoring system/ mechanic would be nice, as the boat drifts off in circles and doesn't float in place in anything higher than 3 MPH winds.

3. Reverse Thrust/Beta feature for the throttle would make it much easier to dock and maneuver on rivers and other tight areas.

4. More button functionality ie lights, strobes etc etc.

Other than that it runs pretty well for me...it makes great power and can really get moving at 90 knots as steering becomes less responsive and vice versa.

Looking forward to more fun little addons like the Riva, being a past fan of Detlasim Studios and boating in general this was an instant buy for me and it runs great in VR.

Lou

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

40 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

1. The windshield has a blurred effect on the outward view from the interior because of an alpha layer with the glass material, can you make the glass alphas transparent in the next patch?

2. Some sort of anchoring system/ mechanic would be nice, as the boat drifts off in circles and doesn't float in place in anything higher than 3 MPH winds.

3. Reverse Thrust/Beta feature for the throttle would make it much easier to dock and maneuver on rivers and other tight areas.

4. More button functionality ie lights, strobes etc etc.

Other than that it runs pretty well for me...it makes great power and can really get moving at 90 knots as steering becomes less responsive and vice versa.

Looking forward to more fun little addons like the Riva, being a past fan of Detlasim Studios and boating in general this was an instant buy for me and it runs great in VR.

Lou

The windshield is a very easy fix, just need to reduce the alpha in the material parameters instead of using the Glass MSFS parameter in Blender.

The anchoring and reverse thrust system is a bit tricky, I'll have to think about how I'll implement that. Perhaps a pushback tool would work? It worked very well in the early stages of development, but I think I will have to add wheel contact points for that. 

Buttons are already in the works!

I also plan to add a pilot to the front, in the cockpit.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adi_S said:

The windshield is a very easy fix, just need to reduce the alpha in the material parameters instead of using the Glass MSFS parameter in Blender.

The anchoring and reverse thrust system is a bit tricky, I'll have to think about how I'll implement that. Perhaps a pushback tool would work? It worked very well in the early stages of development, but I think I will have to add wheel contact points for that. 

Buttons are already in the works!

I also plan to add a pilot to the front, in the cockpit.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Yes as unrealistic as it is, I did find myself wanting pushback feature while being at certain piers and docks.

I swapped out the Vanilla Icon A5 Flightmodel and Engine CFGs into the Riva folder and it did just that. 

Gave me wheel/pushback functionality when needed. That's why the boat is docked at a standstill in my video.

The Catalina Island segment was with the Icon A5's physics and the Venice portion of the video was default Riva physics.

Anyway to make the pilot model an option/variant? I love the boat's cabin as just me there virtually. 

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Just now, blueshark747 said:

Yes as unrealistic as it is, I did find myself wanting pushback feature while being at certain piers and docks.

I swapped out the Vanilla Icon A5 Flightmodel and Engine CFGs into the Riva folder and it did just that. 

Gave me wheel/pushback functionality when needed. That's why the boat is docked at a standstill in my video.

The Catalina Island segment was with the Icon A5's physics and the Venice portion of the video was default Riva physics.

You only need to change the "flight_model.cfg" to get the contact points to work with pushback. I suggest not messing with the "engines.cfg".

Simply add the following lines (wheel contact points taken from the Icon) after the last contact point (11) in the Riva's flight_model.cfg. Here is what it should look like after you have made the changes: https://imgur.com/bASb0xn

point.12 = 1, 4, 0, -2.98, 750, 0, 0.523, 90, 0.296, 2.5, 0.794, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 165, 165, 1
point.13 = 1, -3.9, -3.1, -2.8, 750, 1, 0.523, 0, 0.286, 2.5, 0.808, 4.7, 4.7, 2, 165, 165, 1
point.14 = 1, -3.9, 3.1, -2.8, 750, 2, 0.523, 0, 0.286, 2.5, 0.808, 5.2, 5.2, 3, 165, 165, 1
  • Like 3

On 1/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, abrams_tank said:

Ok, maybe not GTA, but there are a lot of video games that take place in real cities. Here is the list of games that take place in New York and many of the games on this list are not simulators:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_set_in_New_York_City

Crysis 2, 3, and the original Deus Ex make great use of New York scenery.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, blueshark747 said:

Finally an official boat... I no longer have to use this mod to enjoy the seas.

I really hope the DeltasimStudios dev comes back for MSFS.

This YouTube vid does not show the boat from a SPOT perspective...so you can see the LACK of water/hull interaction and a wake that is starts beyond the stern...   MSFS has a lot of work still for anything like float planes and boats to show the wake effects that P3D has right now...fanning wakes...dual wakes...dual prop wakes...turbulent wakes, water spray....  none of which MSFS can display at present.   I'd consider this, if that can be addressed. The boat has to look like it is IN the water...and you see that water hull interaction.  Right now?  Nope....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

4 hours ago, Adi_S said:

You only need to change the "flight_model.cfg" to get the contact points to work with pushback. I suggest not messing with the "engines.cfg".

Simply add the following lines (wheel contact points taken from the Icon) after the last contact point (11) in the Riva's flight_model.cfg. Here is what it should look like after you have made the changes: https://imgur.com/bASb0xn

point.12 = 1, 4, 0, -2.98, 750, 0, 0.523, 90, 0.296, 2.5, 0.794, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 165, 165, 1
point.13 = 1, -3.9, -3.1, -2.8, 750, 1, 0.523, 0, 0.286, 2.5, 0.808, 4.7, 4.7, 2, 165, 165, 1
point.14 = 1, -3.9, 3.1, -2.8, 750, 2, 0.523, 0, 0.286, 2.5, 0.808, 5.2, 5.2, 3, 165, 165, 1

Thank you!

That did the trick!🍻

• Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

I bought this the minute I saw it on Simmarket! I absolutely love it. Ignore the people saying it's trash or not needed. It is super fun and is a beautiful model. Keep up the great work Adi! 

• Like 3

Former Child, Current Adult

Love to see more boats as well! MSFS is great as a boat simulator as well! This mod is awesome!

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yeah, this pretty much answers the question of whether msfs2020 is a game or a sim...case dismissed!

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I want a working beer holder, a selection of beer liveries, and some hooter girls and a nice mp3 player.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

44 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Yeah, this pretty much answers the question of whether msfs2020 is a game or a sim...case dismissed!

There have been boat addons in pretty much every flight "simulator" ever - not to mention UFOs, Star Wars vehicles, Star Trek vehicles, the list goes on. 

• Like 2

Former Child, Current Adult