Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

P3Dv5.3...WOW!

52 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Praying for a quick beta test, LM turnaround. Be nice to have it for this weekend but don't think it will be. 

Well........Testing is still ongoing....

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Why is that difficult?

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry Rob, I may be completely mistaken (or it may be I'm the victim of misinformation!), I was under the impression there was a problem with overlaying a ground poly over varying sloped terrain?  I think it was Orbx that gave this reason when sloped runways were introduced about why the feature wasnt exploited, saying the workflow required for it was basically too difficult?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, WestEnd said:

You can gain even better frametime delta consistency (what I call smoothness since I'm not an FPS chaser) by optimizing your AffinityMask and core assignments using various tools like Process Lasso, FSUIPC, cmd, etc.

This is all Greek to me.  I have no idea what these things are.

Another question.  I am not using any addon mesh in P3D.  Things look pretty good without it.  Is there a mesh I should be using?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Why is that difficult?

Cheers, Rob.

To me...it sounds....like a whole lot of manual work....setting how many? ground polys to make the runway look sloped and not to less polys to make it look stairwise. 

And this for all the layers? 

I'm not a dev ...but what I saw in a video how they did this at MSFS with just a few mouseclicks.....it was rather quick and effective then lots of effort and a long cost intensive process. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, birdguy said:

This is all Greek to me.  I have no idea what these things are.

Another question.  I am not using any addon mesh in P3D.  Things look pretty good without it.  Is there a mesh I should be using?

Noel

I use Toposim (https://www.toposim.net/). Excellent product. Makes a world of difference! He has world-wide coverage.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, pgde said:

I use Toposim (https://www.toposim.net/). Excellent product. Makes a world of difference! He has world-wide coverage.

Whether you use mesh or not is a matter of taste/ Toposim is an excellent product, though payware, as is Pilot's Mesh (recommended by ORBX). My preference as been Freemesh, which as the same suggests, is free..

Here is the link, and there is also an AVSIM thread  

38 metre mesh is still pretty low resolution, although I guess that covering the entire world with anything better would be prohibitive. I am used to at least 10 metre mesh (and more generally 5 metre), so 38 metre does not exactly make me tingle with excitement :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh boy i really am enjoying 5.3HF1+LF in general .(bug a side off cause) I think Active Sky latest 8045 is a keeper with EA + VC . 

Btw : It might sound strange but for the last 2 flights in the FSLA321 i see no automatic entrys in the P3D.cfg regarding AM and to say it out loud dont because for reasons i dont know its a blast :-)

Michael Moe (thinking of Skalarki Bundle 2 right now as the wife has made me a blanco this year including PC)

There was a guy saying he had put this descision away from his wife as an option in relationship? i am not sure its smart in my relationship :-) 

She can buy that BMW as long as i get the A320 :-)

Life is a way to balance

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

22 hours ago, mpo910 said:

We aren´t allowed to say anything further (NDA). 

😉

Marcus

17 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

No, Marcus got special permission for this one item (performance).

Thank you for clarification. I just hope they improve EA sky colors one day. They already did a great job with clouds knowing trueSKY and its limitations, and I hope they can take advantage of trueSKY's sky colors too.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

53 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Thank you for clarification. I just hope they improve EA sky colors one day. They already did a great job with clouds knowing trueSKY and its limitations, and I hope they can take advantage of trueSKY's sky colors too.

I used your MOD for OZON now several hours (20+) on flying and noticed that it is great. Do you have any idea if "fog" layer blending is done via shaders too? This looks awful ugly in P3D. Especially at night the blending between fog and upper clear sky is way to "hard" and does not blend very softly

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

It is so nice to see all the positive posts about our “old dead LM flight Sim”. I have to say that at this point it is the smoothest and best performing Sim that I have ever experienced and it appears that things are just going to get better this year. My hat is off to the entire LM team! I can’t wait to see what V6.0 might bring.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

14 hours ago, shivers9 said:

It is so nice to see all the positive posts about our “old dead LM flight Sim”. I have to say that at this point it is the smoothest and best performing Sim that I have ever experienced and it appears that things are just going to get better this year. My hat is off to the entire LM team! I can’t wait to see what V6.0 might bring.

It is just a shame that most addon developers do not think the same :dry:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I can't blame them if the market for P3D products crashed overnight. Nor when it's apparently quicker and easier to build scenery in MSFS (something LM really need to address).

With abundant high quality freeware, less opportunity now to cash-in with low effort ports, and returning numbers of simmers to P3D, we can only hope that some of the better quality developers continue/return to making P3D stuff for us.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I really don't want to start a discussion about comparison, but if i remember my thougts when i saw the teaser of MsFs about two years ago, i said there would be no need for add-ons anyway. Especially what the team told about what all have to be perfectly done in the sim itself. Weather, ATC, Snow and rain like in reality lay on surfaces anf melting again, not just textures etc. 

And where is it today? Even newer add-on airports for P3D are looking very real with PBR an EA. The diffrrence to those of MS are not as huge as you would exspect. But i am really wondering how much add-ons do exist already for FS. Why would i need streetlights or cityscape add-ons for that SIM?? Or even regional scenery enhancements like for Germany???? Weird....🤨

Edited by BerndB
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

11 minutes ago, BerndB said:

... but if i remember my thougts when i saw the teaser of MsFs about two years ago, i said there would be no need for add-ons anyway. Especially what the team told about what all have to be perfectly done in the sim itself. Weather, ATC, Snow and rain like in reality lay on surfaces anf melting again, not just textures etc. 

And where is it today? ....

It's called marketing.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q