Sign in to follow this  
177B

Twotter Update tomorrow

Just had a quick go at the updated version. Not particularly impressed with the improved sounds.

I had imagined Aerosoft eagerly accepting the challenge and make full use of a modern sim such as FS2020 - all at a reasonable price tag. I fooled myself. 

Having said that flying the bird is still fun 🙂 and so is Mario on the Nintendo Switch with the kid...

Cheers and goodbye Aerosoft

2Low2Slow 

• Like 1

I'm glad I chose Kodiak instead of the Twotter, I try to stay away from Aerosoft if possible.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

the updated sounds still stink. sorry  but thats IMHO.  would be cool if a soundpack came out. the sounds kill the immersion. 

• Like 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

3 hours ago, wiler said:

the updated sounds still stink. sorry  but thats IMHO.  would be cool if a soundpack came out. the sounds kill the immersion. 

I shows you how far Aerosoft have gone backwards on this. 
I really don't know what's going on over there.  It has to be the poorest sound set for a third party aircraft in MSFS up to now.

Apparently, if you had their Twin Otter extended from FSX / P3D (I don't), the sound pack from that can be reconfigured to work with this. 
That is supposed to be good, but would require a bit of config work.  Some have said they think it may even be the TSS pack as it sounds so good and very similar.

It makes you wonder why they didn't just take the old sound set and make it work in the new WWise format. 
I know it isn't quite that simple, but even stock, without the WWise 3D sound system, it would have been better.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The availability of switches for hardware interfacing and the visual representation in the VC are also not in the update 😞 That is the killer for me, as well as the not undockable GPS. Why on earth...

I must add that I too am a little underwhelmed.

There’s a lag now (flap) that didn’t exist before, and whilst engine noises are better, they’re far from great. Thank goodness they’ve got @metzgergva Alex’s flight model, which helps make up for the rest, otherwise this would have truly been a Waterloo. She flies so beautifully, that it’s hard to stay away even with the rest of the issues. I’m even thinking about getting the TSS Sound Pack to make up for her shortcomings, but that seems inherently wrong (yes, I read your posts Bob).

Hopefully, they are receiving AND RESPONDING TO more feedback, and will work on the old girl some more. She’s a wonder IRL and I’d love to delight in her in this Sim.

Fingers x’ed!

C

PS- Market size is a concept we have not fully understood. Unfortunately, the sheer size of the customer base lends itself to just getting things out and available in an intoxicating way. I sincerely hope this release will be a lesson for Aerosoft and other developers… a good or bad lesson, that remains to be seen…

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I used AeroSoft ONE to update the Twotter.  Now I am off to check it out.  

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I shows you how far Aerosoft have gone backwards on this. 
I really don't know what's going on over there.  I has to be the poorest sound set for a third party aircraft in MSFS up to now.

Apparently, if you had their Twin Otter extended from FSX / P3D (I don't), the sound pack from that can be reconfigured to work with this. 
That is supposed to be good, but would require a bit of config work.  Some have said they think it may even be the TSS pack as it sounds so good and very similar.

It makes you wonder why they didn't just take the old sound set and make it work in the new WWise format. 
I know it isn't quite that simple, but even stock, without the WWise 3D sound system, it would have been better.

I'm playing with the WWise tool now...really cool stuff!

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

I'm playing with the WWise tool now...really cool stuff!

Excellent!  I wouldn't mind a quick synopsis of what you think of it afterwards Sharky!  :smile:

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I’ll just say that I really hope they’re not done with the sounds yet, they still need a lot of work and are dragging down an otherwise decent aircraft.

That and I really hope they make the GPS undockable.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, raymar said:

I used AeroSoft ONE to update the Twotter.  Now I am off to check it out.  

Ray

Ray-

Your long established excellent skill set at reviewing aircraft will be hugely motivational to Aerosoft, as it is to most others in this sphere.

I look forward to your commentary… as ever.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 hours ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Just had a quick go at the updated version. Not particularly impressed with the improved sounds.

2 hours ago, wiler said:

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I has to be the poorest sound set for a third party aircraft in MSFS up to now.

2 hours ago, Deimos said:

The availability of switches for hardware interfacing and the visual representation in the VC are also not in the update 😞 That is the killer for me, as well as the not undockable GPS. Why on earth...

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I must add that I too am a little underwhelmed.

Stop giving Aerosoft money for their planes.

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well...  OK then!  :unsure:

56 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Ricardo-

Perhaps in your zeal to make your point you missed mine- I love the Twotter and have waited for her… she’s pretty good, but still has some problem areas… and I’d like Aerosoft to fix her. If there was an option I’d be interested- there isn’t. I understand your agenda, and hope you will give some consideration to mine?

Since her release, “Everyday I’m Twotterin…. Twotterin….” She’s opening up portions of the world that are precious to me…

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper