Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

WU7 update is live

44 minutes ago, AOB said:

What is the 48 GB more in the content manager please? I am pretty new to MSFS and thought that once you install the world updates then that was it.

it was only 800MB for me, and I have all the previous world updates and every edition of the sim installed.

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

it was only 800MB for me, and I have all the previous world updates and every edition of the sim installed.

Haven't updated yet, but it looks exaggerated to me that amount of patches/updates of 48GB, almost 45% of the total sim assets. Something's wrong with other's setups.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

YSSY to YMML,with latest FBW A 320 and Simbrief flight plan,CTD in cruise abeam Canberra.

Going the other way with Developer version,will see what happens.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Updates and patches to the previous World Updates

48gb?

Whoever had that many didn't INSTALL the previous world updates 😄

It was like 4gb for WU 7, and 2gb total patching after the current WU, and that included a ton of carenado updates and a Reno update.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RW1 said:

@Tuskin38 Well at least they got the props turning the correct way this time! Unlike the Ju....!

Yeah, a shame really. While the model and texturing are perfect, the dumbing down of everything else makes it un-appealing for a southern or trans-atlantic crossing. Refuelling mid-air via the toolbar? Ouch. And the file to add a few extra tanks is hidden somewhere in their encrypted content. After the JU and now this one, sorry MS, this is so not right.

20 minutes ago, AvAngel said:

48gb?

Whoever had that many didn't INSTALL the previous world updates 😄

It was like 4gb for WU 7, and 2gb total patching after the current WU, and that included a ton of carenado updates and a Reno update.

Didnt see the GB behind it .. my bad. Yeah i agree I think they may have missed an update (or three) lol

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

41 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Arrived safely at YSSY.. No issues on the flight. Used the very excellent Acropolis Aviation G-KELT Livery and imported everything through simbrief.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

22 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

Yeah, a shame really. While the model and texturing are perfect, the dumbing down of everything else makes it un-appealing for a southern or trans-atlantic crossing. Refuelling mid-air via the toolbar? Ouch. And the file to add a few extra tanks is hidden somewhere in their encrypted content. After the JU and now this one, sorry MS, this is so not right.

Over the years i have learnt in flightsim to avoid anything default like the plague. Visually you're spot on! It looks stunning, However ORBX(they made this) are hardly known as aircraft developers and you get what you paid for. In this case zilch....🤣

tpewpb-6.png

33 minutes ago, AvAngel said:

2gb total patching after the current WU

And most of it was an airport in Switzerland..... 🤣

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

58 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Successful flight!

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

How are you fellers checking to see if the update with the new world scenery took place properly?

I ask because even though I updated everythign in the content manager and marketplace I have gone to several airports in the west and east such as LOWI and LOWW and they seem the same as before the update.  Same for smaller airfields like LOKL and LOLU.  And no big rock in the middle of any desert neither even though I've been flying around for hours looking for it.

Edited by Stoopy
speling
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I just flew around Jervis Bay. It looked awesome, mate!

And no issues with the updates.

Are we sure that they didn't sneak in a fix or two? I've had a noticeable stutter in the interface music before getting into the map as well as intermittent sounds in sim since before SU7. After today's update, it's all nice and fluid and steady.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

35 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

How are you fellers checking to see if the update with the new world scenery took place properly?

I ask because even though I updated everythign in the content manager and marketplace I have gone to several airports in the west and east such as LOWI and LOWW and they seem the same as before the update.  Same for smaller airfields like LOKL and LOLU.  And no big rock in the middle of any desert neither even though I've been flying around for hours looking for it.

Did you check in World Updates? I thought I had all the updates, till I checked for the new challenges and found that they needed to be downloaded. The link there took me to World Updates.

Robin

Say we have FlyTampa's YSSY.  After we download the world update, do we need to disable the custom Asobo one in the addons manager?  Or is that not an issue.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz