Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

WU7 update is live

Just now, Treetops45 said:

Booted MSFS but it didn't come up with the "Compulsory Update' message on the way through.

Same here.

Just now, Treetops45 said:

Booted MSFS but it didn't come up with the "Compulsory Update' message on the way through.

check MS Store, there is an 500 MB initial update

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There is a bunch of stuff updated that is not part of WU7. A bunch of airports, a few aircraft, some fs_base updates... All the previous WU's also have some small updates...

...jim

Edited by JimBrown
  • Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I went to MS Store and it points me to X box for installation. I click on that . it opens Xbox app, and I see no way to update anything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Ok

Thanks.

Usually it points to the Store.

I noticed Xbox is on everything. I wonder if PC release has occurred yet??

T45

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Rebooted my PC and that triggered it to update. Maybe try that.

2 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Ok

Thanks.

Usually it points to the Store.

I noticed Xbox is on everything. I wonder if PC release has occurred yet??

T45

It has. X-Box is the name of Microsoft's gaming platform for both PC and Console.

unknown.png

Edited by Tuskin38

As usual, the update process is changed again from previous methods. It finally started working. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I went to MS Store and it points me to X box for installation. I click on that . it opens Xbox app, and I see no way to update anything. 

Try rebooting your computer and then check. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

19 minutes ago, Maxis said:

YAY !! got 1.5 hours left in this office before getting home to try this out !!.

(Hopefully the servers arent slammed)

Thanks goodness for remote desktop connections. I'm able to queue up the patch and get it all updated from work so that it's ready to go when I get home!

The first picture is after DL everything in Content Manager, but not the WU which is in the Marketplace (not Content Manager).

The second picture is after DL the WU from Marketplace.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

MS Store version- I too was able to boot the sim without an update warning.  I checked the MS Store and the update was available.  There are several smaller updates for former World Areas and I am currently downloading the Australia World Update (1.25 of 2.51GB). Fingers x'ed!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Is it possible to move WUs to other drives using the addon linker? Haven’t actually looked at the file structure for them.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea