Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

Bought it and took it for a touch & go at Innsbruck. Exterior model seems ok but exterior textures leave a lot to be wished for. Way too glossy and no details like where aluminum sheets meet or rivets and the likes. I hope talented painters will give that Dash 7 the honors she deserves

Interior cockpit seems alright, but window posts - mainly the center post - seem too slim, textures are pretty sterile but for 19.99 ok.

She flies well,, but haven't tried the autopilot yet. Sounds are ok so far. 

These are my my first impressions after just a short hop.

• Like 1

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Just a thought -have you checked your spam mail folder?

After my purchase I received a total of three mails from PILOT'S. One said 'order received', the next said 'paypal payment received' and the last provided the order number.

• Like 2

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

A few thoughts, sorry for the duplicate from the official forums if you're over there too:

- purchase was uneventful, download was quick.

- interior graphics look good, no concerns there.

- exterior textures are a bit too reflective maybe, but overall looks good on the outside too.

- There are a few minor sound glitches but I’m sure those can be easily ironed out.

- the engine sounds in sim sound much better than the YouTube preview that I saw…I was concerned when I saw the preview yesterday but in sim no worries.

- don’t expect to fly this the same way you fly a dash 8 (particularly the very powerful Q400). My naive assumption was that a since Dash 7 looked like a Dash 8 with two more engines it must be a rocket ship. How wrong was I! The real Dash 7 is no speed demon I’ve come to learn. It cruises and climbs rather lethargically compared to a Dash 8. Also, recommended cruise is below 17,000ft unless it’s a really cold day according to this website: https://www.dash7.at/

- some QOL items like a utility to load the aircraft would be appreciated.

- I did find taxiing to be difficult, it’s hard to find a sweet spot between the aircraft running away from you vs grinding to a halt.

- I’d love a Simbrief profile given how unique the aircraft is.

- One other QOL item, I don’t seem to be able to map an axis to the propeller pitch, it’s a bit challenging to manipulate all four levers with try mouse rather than an axis.

All in all so far it’s an interesting aircraft and I’m enjoying it once I dropped my preconceived notions about how a Dash 7 would fly.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

A few thoughts, sorry for the duplicate from the official forums if you're over there too:

- purchase was uneventful, download was quick.

- interior graphics look good, no concerns there.

- exterior textures are a bit too reflective maybe, but overall looks good on the outside too.

- There are a few minor sound glitches but I’m sure those can be easily ironed out.

- the engine sounds in sim sound much better than the YouTube preview that I saw…I was concerned when I saw the preview yesterday but in sim no worries.

- don’t expect to fly this the same way you fly a dash 8 (particularly the very powerful Q400). My naive assumption was that a since Dash 7 looked like a Dash 8 with two more engines it must be a rocket ship. How wrong was I! The real Dash 7 is no speed demon I’ve come to learn. It cruises and climbs rather lethargically compared to a Dash 8. Also, recommended cruise is below 17,000ft unless it’s a really cold day according to this website: https://www.dash7.at/

- some QOL items like a utility to load the aircraft would be appreciated.

- I did find taxiing to be difficult, it’s hard to find a sweet spot between the aircraft running away from you vs grinding to a halt.

- I’d love a Simbrief profile given how unique the aircraft is.

- One other QOL item, I don’t seem to be able to map an axis to the propeller pitch, it’s a bit challenging to manipulate all four levers with try mouse rather than an axis.

All in all so far it’s an interesting aircraft and I’m enjoying it once I dropped my preconceived notions about how a Dash 7 would fly.

Does WX radar in the middle work?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Does WX radar in the middle work?

No. Like any other MSFS aircraft.

Anyone having difficulty installing it?

After registering, which took about 15 minutes of back & forth & codes in the email & so on, I got it downloaded.

Installing per instructions & I get part way through when an error message comes up:

" An error occurred while executing install action #8!. Installation will be rolled back"

Then the next message is, Pilot's Setup

"Unhandled exception has occurred in you application. ....The given key was not present in the dictionary."

I have disconnected Windows Defender, but it made no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks

T45

Update - I downloaded again, this time to the  to C drive, & made sure Windows Defender was off before opening it.

A WD blocker mini screen [Blue] still came up & I went for "Continue", & it kept going this time & installed. {I checked & found WD was Off, despite the message.

Now flying & trying to figure out the AP

T45

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Now flying & trying to figure out the AP

Autopilot engage key is on the center console. Mode keys are on the glareshield panel. And there's the NAV/GPS switch to toggle gps or vor/ils navigation. In order to have the TDS or WT GPs unit you gotta select the corresponding aircraft from the livery menu.

Edited by duesenwerni
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

No PMS GTN750

Manual says "As of release, we are planning to offer integration and support of PMS50 GTN in the very near future."

Edited by duesenwerni
Typo

1 hour ago, duesenwerni said:

Manual says "As of release, we are planning to offer integration and support of PMS50 GTN in the very near future."

However, I have PMS GTN750 on the flight screen menu at top of page & it will drop down & shows the flight plan. [Though have to check how accurate it is]

This is with running the TDS livery. At the moment the TDS shows up on the 1st Officer side only. May be something at my end as I have been fiddling with TDS to resolve GN530, PMS & TDS conflict in another aircraft.

I found to get the aircraft flying flat & level I need to climb it on VS with some up trim in. Initially it was porpoiseing until I put in ALT Alert button. To get the aircraft flying flat, needed to take VS off, alter trim & when showing flying flat, bring VS back on.

So for a long journey have AP, NAV, VS & ALT Alert, [not ALT], engaged 

Enjoying this one now I have sorted out some of the nuances.

T45

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duesenwerni said:

Autopilot engage key is on the center console. Mode keys are on the glareshield panel. And there's the NAV/GPS switch to toggle gps or vor/ils navigation. In order to have the TDS or WT GPs unit you gotta select the corresponding aircraft from the livery menu.

Where is the NAV/GPS switch?

T45

31 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Where is the NAV/GPS switch?

On the glareshield panel above the ADI, leftmost button.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, duesenwerni said:

No. Like any other MSFS aircraft.

WXR is equipped in the sim in the CJ4, Longitude, A320, 78X, 747-8i, and I believe a couple of GA planes. It is also present in a number of third party airplanes (HJet, Vision Jet, and a few others).