Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

57 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Do Dash 7s really use GTN750s?

No, Dash 7s primarily are coke cans at this point, but with the way airspace has evolved over the past ten years, in many parts of the world, a GPS unit is basically mandatory. 

In the US at least, we're down to probably 1/5th of the ground-based navaids we had 15 years ago? Many major facilities that don't even have conventional nav procedures?

If the Dash 7 were flying extensively today, it would have a GPS unit whacked in. It's not easy anymore to fly real procedures on needles.

Was so excited for this airplane but...Is it just me or does the cockpit look graphically more like fsx?? The Kodiak was really good graphically so I'm surprised given the collaboration with Simworks, but maybe they weren't doing the texture and instruments. Looks off in sizing of instruments and somehow very unconvincing. 

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

This one must be more than close now, as there were comment’s last November saying it was close. Looks great but the texturing will hopefully get weathered and dated.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

Looks good, an improvement on their earlier preview some weeks back. Really looking forward to this! I hope it’s soon!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Check the spinner animation. Is this the new look?

Go to 1:15 of this video to see the real spinners in action. 

Edited by The Flight Level

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

4 hours ago, The Flight Level said:

Go to 1:15 of this video to see the real spinners in action. 

The video is only 1:06 long.  Or did you mean another video?

1 hour ago, Danno said:

The video is only 1:06 long.  Or did you mean another video?

The video with the real Dash 7 in my last post before yours. Comparing to the 1:06 trailer. Not a smooth rotation in the trailer.

Edited by The Flight Level

25 minutes ago, Danno said:

Gotcha. Thanks. 

Have had the background research on Iceland sitting for a bit and waiting for a new a/c release to fit the video. The Dash 7 could be it!

20 hours ago, Paul K said:

Preview video ; it must be close now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2SgYy2Vhpk

I really hate to be negative, I was really looking forward to the plane. But there's just something wrong with the model, and it bothers me more and more.

I think it's the pillars on the cockpit windows - anyone else notice how strangely thin they are? And there's other stuff, like a weird lack of detail on the fuselage itself. Lots of stuff missing that you can see on photos. Thought it was just while it was under development, but seeing as how we're close to release looks like this is it.

Not to mention the sound is pretty bad, doesn't have that deep hum that you hear in the videos. Rather more like angry hairdryers - high pitched and too even. Happy to be proven wrong, this is genuinely one of the planes I've been looking forward to the most.

spacer.png

Edited by Georgleboui
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Georgleboui said:

I really hate to be negative, I was really looking forward to the plane. But there's just something wrong with the model, and it bothers me more and more.

I think it's the pillars on the cockpit windows - anyone else notice how strangely thin they are? And there's other stuff, like a weird lack of detail on the fuselage itself. Lots of stuff missing that you can see on photos. Thought it was just while it was under development, but seeing as how we're close to release looks like this is it.

Not to mention the sound is pretty bad, doesn't have that deep hum that you hear in the videos. Rather more like angry hairdryers - high pitched and too even. Happy to be proven wrong, this is genuinely one of the planes I've been looking forward to the most.

spacer.png

Yep there's definitely inaccuracies in the modeling, and the model itself just doesn't look detailed for some reason. Wonder if the modeler is different to that of other releases ? The sounds aren't doing it any better either. Didn't SWS have a hand in this? Surely they can touch it up.

Edited by Ridvan Celik