Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

16 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Dash 8 Q400 was one of the most popular aircraft in P3d for years. I am surprised they didn't choose it, since it doesn't look like Majestic is going to  come out with it for MSFS. 

Which is a crying shame. For a split second my heart jumped up when I saw the topic title but then I realized this about the 7, not the 8. Having said that... I have no clue what the differences are LOL so I will google for that a bit. Having said that too... I really wonder if SWS will be able to get close to what Majestic accomplished in FSX/P3D. The Majestic Q400 was my favorite aircraft addon EVER. Still is, actually, I'm just not able to fly it anymore. If the 7 turns out to be a smaller 8 (I will google it in a minute) I might keep an eye on this one.

6 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Which is a crying shame. For a split second my heart jumped up when I saw the topic title but then I realized this about the 7, not the 8. Having said that... I have no clue what the differences are LOL so I will google for that a bit. Having said that too... I really wonder if SWS will be able to get close to what Majestic accomplished in FSX/P3D. The Majestic Q400 was my favorite aircraft addon EVER. Still is, actually, I'm just not able to fly it anymore. If the 7 turns out to be a smaller 8 (I will google it in a minute) I might keep an eye on this one.

four engines are better than two 😉

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

four engines are better than two 😉

LOL I suppose so. I am more interested in the cockpit though. Unfortunately the Dash 7 cockpit is way too old school for me (I just googled some pictures). I will pass on this one. I still hope someone will come up with a Dash 8 Q400 though... That would make MSFS complete for me. Give me a study level Q400 and I have all I want and all I ever need. Anything else will only be a bonus.

The Dash 7 has not very much in common with the Dash8.  The Dash 8 is popular  with airlines because its short sector speed and climb rates means that it is only a very little slower than a jet with much ledss cost and mainainance cost.  It does so because the STOL abilities that made the 7 rather special were removed from the DASH 8 to enable the plane to be more economic.

The Dash 7 has rather interesting short field capabilies and enable operations from short runways and even some rather special runways like the water beach runway at Barra,

Two aircraft with different but interesting character.

The Majestic Dash 8 is popular in fsx and P3D asMajestic created a true study level aircraft...or actually a range of study levels of the craft and it is one of the best aircraft in Flight Simulation ever made.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

17 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Something different and exciting! Looking forward to this one. 

exactly!

Edited by Bandyka

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

To be honest if it was a carboard box with wings on I would probably get it if the makers of the Kodiak were involved. 

I used to fly on a Dash 7 many years ago. A noisy, smelly, cramped aircraft but I would certainly buy one for MSFS. 

• Like 1

This will be made for the historic aircraft guys as there are less then 20 being flown on the planet.  It's in the same group as the DC6, MD80, ect.  Why not the 8? I have no idea as no one has even remotely eluded to making one yet over 30 airlines use them on a daily basis.  Go figure...

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

9 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I have no idea as no one has even remotely eluded to making one yet over 30 airlines use them on a daily basis.

Because of the advanced Avionics and sytems in a 8-400 compared to 7. Quick buck with the 7?

Edited by Adrian123

I was based at an airport in the late 90's that had several corporate Dash 7's and always enjoyed watching them practice approaches....the steep approach angles and STOL capability of that plane is impressive....

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

20 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Dash 8 Q400 was one of the most popular aircraft in P3d for years. I am surprised they didn't choose it, since it doesn't look like Majestic is going to  come out with it for MSFS. 

I agree!

It's really odd and one of my favorites in P3D...!

Chris Camp

I think there was an airline going to Courchevel on schedule flights with Dash 7. Courchevel is handcrafted in the game. Just a look at the airport and you understand what the 7 is capable of 😃

Pierre

• Like 1

I had a look at the Dash 7 Wikipedia page today and found the list of past (and some current) operators to be really interesting.  Despite the relatively small number produced they flew for a wide variety of airlines and a few militaries.  They flew in and out of EGLC when the runway was shorter and more restricted, that will be a fun flight in this.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU