Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

https://fselite.net/content/simworks-studios-and-pilots-partner-up-to-develop-the-dash-7-for-msfs/

I’m really excited for this one, the Dash 7 is such a cool and unique aircraft plus the fact the SWS is involved makes it even better!

• Like 9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 2/12/2022 at 4:34 AM, regis9 said:

https://fselite.net/content/simworks-studios-and-pilots-partner-up-to-develop-the-dash-7-for-msfs/

I’m really excited for this one, the Dash 7 is such a cool and unique aircraft plus the fact the SWS is involved makes it even better!

The Dash 7 would count as an airliner, right? Simworks has a very good reputation from their Kodiak already for MSFS.  If the Dash 7 counts as an airliner, this is another potential high fidelity airliner that could make its way into MSFS.  There are already other high fidelity airliners lined up for MSFS this year, and I think the Fenix A320, PMDG 737, and Maddog will probably release this year.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

No offense, but why in the world a Dash 7? That was used in the 70s/80s and wasn't even very popular back then. Why not a Dash 8 (-300 e.g.)?

• Like 5

2 reasons Das 7 is a STOL aircraft

If the dash 8 from P3D came to MSFS people would stop buying others

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

7 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

The Dash 7 would count as an airliner, right?

With it’s impressive STOL capabilities one could almost call it a bush plane/airliner combo 😉

But yes it’s an airliner.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

No offense, but why in the world a Dash 7? That was used in the 70s/80s and wasn't even very popular back then. Why not a Dash 8 (-300 e.g.)?

Thought I’d probably prefer a Dash 8-300 or -400 I’m happy for something new and different myself.  Who knows, maybe the experience / work on this Dash 7 could translate into a Dash 8-300 in the future…assuming there are some similarities system wise between the two?

• Like 2

Dave

7 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Depending on your definition of a classic, there is always a soft spot and an irresistible pull to this type of aircraft. It is just cool.

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

I am a huge Dash 8 fan but this one is a definite buy for me day one!

• Like 2

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

With it’s impressive STOL capabilities one could almost call it a bush plane/airliner combo 😉

But yes it’s an airliner.

Back in the day I used to travel some for business. Air Wisconsin flew the Dash 7 then and used it for feeder flights. In my case it from KSBN to KORD and back. I remember one return home from ORD when the cockpit door was open and I was sitting up front (yeah that was a while ago). I was amazed at our approach into South Bend. It seemed like we just dropped in! Later it was replaced on the route with the BAe 146 4 engine jet that didn't have the same flight profile 🙂

• Like 2

I was in love with the Q400 in FSX so this will be an instant buy for me.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

10 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

100% Agreed!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

I wish it was a Dash 8 100/200, that would be a dream come true for me. FSX, never had one, P3D didnt have one, neither Xplane... maybe someday hopefully..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHaas said:

Back in the day I used to travel some for business. Air Wisconsin flew the Dash 7 then and used it for feeder flights. In my case it from KSBN to KORD and back. I remember one return home from ORD when the cockpit door was open and I was sitting up front (yeah that was a while ago). I was amazed at our approach into South Bend. It seemed like we just dropped in! Later it was replaced on the route with the BAe 146 4 engine jet that didn't have the same flight profile 🙂

When I saw this thread I was just about to say it’d be a day 1 purchase if there was an Air Wisconsin repaint! 🙂

I sadly never got a chance to ride on one of these but DID get to ride on the Air Wisconsin 146s and soon we’ll have that wonderful plane in MSFS as well.

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

100% Agreed!

The Dash 8 Q400 was one of the most popular aircraft in P3d for years. I am surprised they didn't choose it, since it doesn't look like Majestic is going to  come out with it for MSFS. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310