Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I'm not saying the Dash 7 is not super cool.  But it's not binary.  Just because I think the Dash 7 is interesting and unique doesn't mean I think the Dash 8 is boring.  Too automated?  You are talking about the plane like it's an airbus or something.  Yet it does not have an autothrottle and barely has a proper VNAV.  I'm in the camp where I like both the Dash 8 and Dash 7.  

Not saying I don’t like the Dash 8, but take my post in the context of reacting to someone complaining that the dev should have done the Dash 8 instead of just enjoying another quality plane coming our way 😁

Autothrottle and VNAV are not so much the defining thing for me. It’s more the full glass, FMS style flying that is the boring part. You drop in your route, fire it up, engage nav mode and done. The more we see of more analogue planes, with basic GPS, the better IMO. 

• Like 2

All of Milton's aircraft were extremely good for freeware aircraft. I had nearly all of them.

Too bad he disappeared.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, Paul K said:

Milton Shupe's freeware Dash 7 for FS9 was absolutely first-class. I believe it was also available in FSX - not sure, my memory is a bit dim.

There were some real gems in FSX and that was one of them.

The other was Rick Piper's HS.748 and I recall the YS.11 from AFG too. Good times!

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 1:17 PM, Pochi said:

I think there was an airline going to Courchevel on schedule flights with Dash 7. Courchevel is handcrafted in the game. Just a look at the airport and you understand what the 7 is capable of 😃

Pierre

I crashed the Pilatus PC-21 in Courchevel last night there trying to land, not an easy landing to do with some planes. I could not stop fast enough because I bounced and I hit the hill at the top.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

SWS reveals that the aircraft is now very functional, instruments and systems are responding as expected. ILS approaches, flying from VOR to VOR or simply under VFR. SWS announced that coding is now complete.

22090309504316140517985299.jpg

22090309504316140517985301.jpg

22090309504316140517985302.jpg

• Like 5

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

aaahhh ,  good old days with Brymon !

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Hopefully they will offer one with a 530... there are examples still flying around here (BC) that have upgraded avionics. 

1 hour ago, guibru said:

SWS reveals that the aircraft is now very functional, instruments and systems are responding as expected. ILS approaches, flying from VOR to VOR or simply under VFR. SWS announced that coding is now complete.

22090309504316140517985299.jpg

bUK8kem.gif

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

No cargo version, apparently - passenger only. I love the Dash 7 and will definitely buy it, but no cargo version is a disappointment. 

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

For those wise and sensible people who eschew Facebook, here's the latest, posted today.

Quote: " ...the Dash 7 has been given to PILOT'S and will undergo final checking from them. We are a couple of days behind schedule for squishing a few bugs that were noticed over the past few days, but any day now the plane will be closed. Unless PILOT'S testing team find something, we will be done with it next week. Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite!" Unquote.

9nN5VuG.jpg

q58atK6.jpg

XtbuyO9.jpg

wNzYXaQ.jpg

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 7

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

For those wise and sensible people who eschew Facebook, here's the latest, posted today.

Quote: " ...the Dash 7 has been given to PILOT'S and will undergo final checking from them. We are a couple of days behind schedule for squishing a few bugs that were noticed over the past few days, but any day now the plane will be closed. Unless PILOT'S testing team find something, we will be done with it next week. Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite!" Unquote.

Any idea what airport that is in the screenshots?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, Paul K said:

Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite

Open Cockpit, I mean no glass in the cockpit windows?

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

They're just clean haha.  But I do agree a little, there's almost no look of glass 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |