Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

38 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

WXR is equipped in the sim in the CJ4, Longitude, A320, 78X, 747-8i, and I believe a couple of GA planes. It is also present in a number of third party airplanes (HJet, Vision Jet, and a few others).

I should add WX also in A310 from Inbuilds, Asobo ATR, Just flight Fokker 28 and BAE 146, Leonardo 82/82/88, Black Square Baron, Caravan, King Air, TBM 830, Milviz 310. Flightsimware C414.... 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, duesenwerni said:

On the glareshield panel above the ADI, leftmost button.

Thank you

Can confirm the 'drop down' PMS GTN750 is showing the flight plan accurately.

It takes a few seconds to appear & power up.

T45

• Like 1

For those looking for a real Dash 7 POH here's a link to a Pelita Dash 7 POH

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1993632/De-Havilland-Dhc-7.html#manual

Edited by duesenwerni

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Does anyone remember Milton Shupe's Dash 7 in FSX?   Less than half the functionality of this one but I loved it.  Loved doing Alaska flying with it.  I might revisit those days with this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Does anyone remember Milton Shupe's Dash 7 in FSX?

Noone.

• Like 1

Need some guidance re flying an ILS. Can't get it to capture the Approach descent.

I have NAV/GPS set to NAV, Nav1 frequency loaded & aircraft  following a HDG that lines up with the runway.

In the AP I had HDG, VOR, then APR live, (APR shows CAP in green & ARM in amber), & at 1,800', can't get it to descend, so I wonder if I have the wrong AP settings or have missed something.

T45

If weather radar was available on this plane(like some others) I'd really consider this. Too bad.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Just bought it ( no problems with the process of purchasing ), and did a quick runway-start test flight round Edwards KEDW.  With acknowledgement of what various reviewers have already said, i.e. lack of documentation, overly fast taxi speed, too clean and almost indistinct external textures, and the pilots arm rest that can't be moved out of the way...apart from all that, I really like the Dash. I've never been in one, but it feels and sounds like the real thing. The basic autopilot controls work perfectly with my Lopuedeck, so it's very easy to trim and set headings.

For £18, it's perfectly priced IMO. All it needs is the aforementioned issues to be addressed, and then some further development, with a cargo version maybe.

Well done, Pilots - I'm enjoying your Dash 7. 👍

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

With respect to the taxi speed I watched a real world video featuring Air Tindi that had them taxiing on the two outboard engines only. partly I'd suspect to save fuel but it would also limit taxi speed.

28 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

With respect to the taxi speed I watched a real world video featuring Air Tindi that had them taxiing on the two outboard engines only. partly I'd suspect to save fuel but it would also limit taxi speed.

Good thinking - I'll try that out. 👍

There’s also a mod posted on the Dash 7 post on the official forums that adds a basic beta section to the throttle levers…makes taxiing much easier.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simworks-studios-and-pilots-dash-7/498069/

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Version 1.10 is out; this is from their Facebook page.

Here comes the first update for our Dash 7 for MSFS.
This update brings it to v1.10 and it contains the following changes and improvements:
Support for PMS50 GTN added.
- GNS Model -
Transponder fixed.
- All Models -
Implemented new realistic inboard and outboard wing spoiler logic.
Wing edge strobe lights fixed.
Fuselage belly strobe light fixed.
Flap retraction automation implemented.
New parking brake clickspot on button.
Fixed engine 4 thrust lever mapping for gust lock.

Still work to be done, and I hope this is the start of a development program for the Dash 7. I've been flying it today, and while finding flaws, I much enjoyed it. Well worth the price.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Version 1.12 is out and available for download on their webshop. It´s a full install, prior versions need to be uninstalled first.

PILOT'S Dash 7 v1.12
ChangeLog - 4 November 2023

ChangeLog v1.12

- All Models -
Yoke movement fix.

- GNS Model -
Screen flickering issue fixed.

- PMS50 GTN Model -
Fix for operability from Cold & Dark startup.

• Like 1

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

I spent the day yesterday flying version 1.10 and 1.20. Both worked well aliviating the issues they were published to address and in general I find the plane to be nominal in its primary systems, flight model and navigation,  Does it have flaws or misses?  Sure, most software does but for the most part the plane does provide you a sense of flying a very large and lumbering four engine turbo prop beast, and that at the end of the day is what I find most enjoyable about the current Dash 7.

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

Great to see another patch, and the new  liveries appearing at FS.To

Jerome, Stefan - keep up the tweaking and polishing. This Dash 7 is well worth the work! 👍

• Like 1