Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Dash 7 Announced

I’ve been fortunate enough to be near one during startup and taxi. The sound is incredible. Those four Pratt & Whitney engines seem to overpower anything else at the airport. So I am hoping for good things from PILOTS. I don’t need deep systems depth... not every circuit breaker needs to work.... but i expect it to look good, sound good and feel good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Yep there's definitely inaccuracies in the modeling, and the model itself just doesn't look detailed for some reason. Wonder if the modeler is different to that of other releases ? The sounds aren't doing it any better either. Didn't SWS have a hand in this? Surely they can touch it up.

You are correct and thought the same viewing the video. It doesn’t take much extra modeling to add those small external features like pitot tubes, latches etc to leave a solid impression on the visuals. Even some weathering will help. This Dash has the potential to  be very popular. Let’s hope the sounds have not been finalized especially given the fact that there are 2 developers involved.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

According to their Facebook page, PILOTS will be releasing the Dash 7 'this coming weekend'. Presumably, that means October 28/29th.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

49 minutes ago, Paul K said:

According to their Facebook page, PILOTS will be releasing the Dash 7 'this coming weekend'. Presumably, that means October 28/29th.

Definitely going be interesting to see what state this launches in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Definitely going be interesting to see what state this launches in.

Indeed. They say that it has undergone many months of refinement and development since SWS handed the model over to them, and they've been working with Air Tindi, the largest remaining operator, to perfect sounds and various details. It will also feature the Working Title GNS 530. All in all, I'm quite optimistic.

1 minute ago, Paul K said:

Indeed. They say that it has undergone many months of refinement and development since SWS handed the model over to them, and they've been working with Air Tindi, the largest remaining operator, to perfect sounds and various details. It will also feature the Working Title GNS 530. All in all, I'm quite optimistic.

I definitely hope it's good, but I'd be lying if I said I was expecting it to be good.

• Like 1

The VC looks disappointingly full of sharp edges where there should be curves.
It does look very much like a re-engineered version of Milton Shupe's masterpiece for FS9.
Here is the real thing:

53315_1324896049.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Interior textures are pretty bland, not like the IRL plane's interior is much to look at though.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I watched the video and wasn't impress either with visuals

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I really want to like this but the texturing seems so fs9 to me. Windows seem giant in proportion to instruments, esp. 6 pack.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 hour ago, Purr said:

Windows seem giant in proportion to instruments, esp. 6 pack.

I know what you mean, but you can never be certain from one or two screenshots. Camera settings, angles, etc, often distort proportions. I've taken screenshots of my JF Arrow III, and the wings have the aspect ratio of a U2.

PILOT´S Dash 7 has now been released. The plane can be purchased at their web shop.

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

EUR19.99, seems reasonable.  Will take a look after work.

With yesterday’s airport releases I see an Air Tindi Dash 7 charter YWG-MSP in my future 😀

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Doesn't look as good as I'd hoped. Will wait for another video or two but, looks like a pass. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog