Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG gives hints on price of PMDG 737 for MSFS

Randazzo just posted this:

Gents,

We have not yet announced pricing for this product. We are still sorting through some of the details for that, but it will be announced when we get a bit closer to release. For now, suffice to say pricing for our MSFS product lines are anticipated to be well below our previous product lines under Prepar3D, as the market is significantly larger.

I think PMDG is taking the smarter route here.  For a business, they want to maximize their total profit, and raising the price can lead to fewer units sold.

In addition, a user asked Randazzo if the PMDG 737 would be under $100 back in October of last year.  Randazzo responded to this user on the question if the PMDG 737 would be under $100:

John- I think you will be pleased with the re-think of pricing. The development of a product line for MSFS has given us a rare chance to re-think many established processes. More to come on that topic at a later date. - RSR

Personally, I am going to guess a price that is roughly between $70 to $80.  But of course, I would always welcome a lower price than that 😄.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Under $100? That to me means $99. 😀

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

But you know he's gamed it out so if you already have the NGXu, even with the discount you're going to end up paying about the same amount all over again to get all the variants. Starting with the fact that they're releasing the -700 first with models that not everyone necessarily wants. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

But you know he's gamed it out so if you already have the NGXu, even with the discount you're going to end up paying about the same amount all over again to get all the variants. Starting with the fact that they're releasing the -700 first with models that not everyone necessarily wants. 

I'm fine with just the 800 variant, if the price is reasonable.

• Like 1

While the MSFS 2020 total user market might be 'significantly larger' I wonder how much larger the market of users who are willing to spend more than the price of the game itself for one plane actually is. I suspect that not many new MSFS 2020 users (especially xbox users) will actually see an add-on for this cost and want to buy it. I hope it's larger (and/or will grow) of course because we are going to see much more activity in terms of quality new add-ons if that is the case. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

89$ - thank me later

edit: for one version of the 737 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

While the MSFS 2020 total user market might be 'significantly larger' I wonder how much larger the market of users who are willing to spend more than the price of the game itself for one plane actually is. I suspect that not many new MSFS 2020 users (especially xbox users) will actually see an add-on for this cost and want to buy it. I hope it's larger (and/or will grow) of course because we are going to see much more activity in terms of quality new add-ons if that is the case. 

The DC6 for PMDG sold more copies in the first 12 hours of sales in MSFS, than the lifetime sales of the PMDG DC6 for P3D + XP + FSX.

• Like 11

At least it`s not follow Big Tech like Apple sell less charge more make more profit`s🤞.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

At least it`s not follow Big Tech like Apple sell less charge more make more profit`s🤞.

They are actually charging less - but ok. 

• Like 1

I'd be really surprised if each version of the 737 sells for $70-$90...I'm thinking more like $40-$50 range based on some of the things RSR has said about us being pleasantly surprised by the pricing, and the approach they seem to be taking to make the pricing more attractive to casual simmers who only want one variant etc.  At $50/variant, that's still $150 if you want the three main variants and $200 if you throw in the -600.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I don't care what it costs, take my money!

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

50 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The DC6 for PMDG sold more copies in the first 12 hours of sales in MSFS, than the lifetime sales of the PMDG DC6 for P3D + XP + FSX.

Fair enough...did Mr R post this somewhere? That is quite a positive sign..

This again confirms what route developers seem to be going with regards to pricing for MSFS and makes TFDi's price estimate seem like a dangerous path in terms of profit.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I'd be really surprised if each version of the 737 sells for $70-$90...I'm thinking more like $40-$50 range based on some of the things RSR has said about us being pleasantly surprised by the pricing, and the approach they seem to be taking to make the pricing more attractive to casual simmers who only want one variant etc.  At $50/variant, that's still $150 if you want the three main variants and $200 if you throw in the -600.

I think $50 base package  and then $15-20 per variant is totally fair. I for one would buy the base and thats about it , I dont need all the derivatives but if someone wants them it should be an affordable path not buying the entire plane again.  

• Like 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

17 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I'd be really surprised if each version of the 737 sells for $70-$90...I'm thinking more like $40-$50 range based on some of the things RSR has said 

Haha, I would hope it sells for $40 to $50, that would make it cheaper than the DC6!  Realistically though, the lowest price I can see for the PMDG 737 is $59.99, which was the price of the DC6, I think.

• Like 2