Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG gives hints on price of PMDG 737 for MSFS

The smart move is to grab as much market share as you can, as soon as you can.   Price point is the way to do it.

• Upvote 1

$60 or around GBP£40 probably the top limit for me. If it went for $50 or GBP£30 it will be in the cart on Day 1.

• Like 2

The reason I think it will be lower than we’re used to (and maybe even cheaper than the DC-6) is that the pricing  model as I understand it has shifted from selling a higher price base pack followed by lower priced addon packs to selling each variant separately and independently and I think for a similar/same price.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I really like these threads about prices which have yet to be revealed, many posters would be interesting negotiators!... This is an excellent "fishing" expedition for developers in case they have not firmed up their decision: Let's be as vague as we can and see the reactions, our clients will guide us!

Who said 99.99$? Any takers? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Really doesn't matter the price, once released will be red meat to all of us awaiting a top notch airplane the last one and a half years. I do love and have the DC-6, but gotta have some jets on those wings or tail mounted /cough - maddog/.

3 hours ago, dolbinau said:

Fair enough...did Mr R post this somewhere? That is quite a positive sign..

Hi, I have posted the link to Randazzo's statement on this in an interview in this post here: 

And in that post, I also linked a comment about Aerosoft's sales of the CRJ on MSFS, which was also very strong for Aerosoft.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Personally I will only buy if its under £50 so about $80. I know this is high fidelity and stuff but I don't want to pay that much just for a plane since I dont fly too often.

At this point I’m over “tubeliners” altogether. I’m going to cash out my investment from the last PMDG purchase  ($100) and no more.

One variant will do and I’m in no rush, so I’ll wait until they’re all done releasing and bug fixing before choosing the one variant I decide on, or two depending on pricing, but I’m done with airliners.

If the pricing model is such that it won’t allow me to this, well I guess then it’s a case of “fool me once” and I’ll be done with PMDG and let it reflect on PMDG as it will.

I’m much more interested in “higher fidelity” GA aircraft, so looking forward to A2A releases and /or whichever developer steps up in this regard, rather than anything from PMDG.

MSFS is too nice looking to be watching from 30,000 ft., plus in keeping with “As Real as It Gets” if it can’t piloted by a single pilot in the real world then I don’t care to fly it. Hence, no DC-6 for me at the moment.

Edited by Los
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Los said:

I’m much more interested in “higher fidelity” GA aircraft, so looking forward to A2A releases and /or whichever developer steps up in this regard, than anything from PMDG.

I don't know if you have read this already, but last November, A2A said “all major road-blocks are cleared” for MSFS and that A2A "can properly plan for MSFS development": https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72920&start=150#p555669 (also FSElite did an article about A2A's comments at https://fselite.net/content/a2a-simulations-now-full-steam-ahead-on-msfs-development/).

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't know if you have read this already, but last November, A2A said “all major road-blocks are cleared” for MSFS and that A2A "can properly plan for MSFS development": https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72920&start=150#p555669 (also FSElite did an article about A2A's comments at https://fselite.net/content/a2a-simulations-now-full-steam-ahead-on-msfs-development/).

Nice! I had not heard, thanks for the heads up! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Los said:

At this point I’m over “tubeliners” altogether. I’m going to cash out my investment from the last PMDG purchase  ($100) and no more. One variant will do and I’m in no rush, so I’ll wait until they’re all done releasing and bug fixing before choosing the one variant I decide on, or two depending on pricing, but I’m done with airliners.

I’m much more interested in “higher fidelity” GA aircraft, so looking forward to A2A releases and /or whichever developer steps up in this regard, than anything from PMDG.

MSFS is to nice looking to be watching from 30,000 ft.

Strange post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I heard its going for $89.99

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

22 hours ago, dolbinau said:

Fair enough...did Mr R post this somewhere? That is quite a positive sign..

I also read, or heard, him say that. I can't remember his exact words, but it was that MSFS DC-6 had outsold all the other sim's versions put together, and in just a day or two of it being released. Agreed - a very positive sign, and I hope their success continues.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org