Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

6 minutes ago, IrfanAhmed said:

Does it have a proper cabin or is it like the A320 and the 747?

It has a full cabin. It's currently optimised for performance rather than detail but we will look at increasing detail if there's demand for it. 

Martyn - Just Flight 

• Like 2

Martyn - Just Flight

@Martyn JF Any chance you’ll accept a kidney as payment please?…. What an expensive month this is going to be but we’ll worth it, the 146 looks phenomenal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

Bought it...LOVE it already.

Am admittedly very biased because I flew on the Air Wisconsin United Express examples as a teenager and loved those and in retrospect feel lucky to have experienced riding on them.  So fun, so strange with the engines and wings above, so filled with nauseating kerosene fumes if you’d stop taxiing dor even a moment...ahhh...wonderful....this sim brings it all back at age 46!Wi

I was wondering if you’d ever been on a real 146 when you said “lucky to have experienced” and “fun”. 

But then you mentioned the fumes…

🙂

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

43 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

It has a full cabin. It's currently optimised for performance rather than detail but we will look at increasing detail if there's demand for it. 

Martyn - Just Flight 

Thank you! Quite excited for it, do you have plans to bring it to simMarket too? If so, when?

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

@Martyn JF Congratulations on the release.

I noticed the Nav frequencies display (also DME, I think) not using a monospaced font - will you be fixing this?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Logitek Multipanel works for Alt and VS. Phew!😀 (I can't see a way to select a VS on the autopilot?)

• Like 1

any specific setup for the bravo trim wheel, problems setting it up, using authentic tuning app

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Logitek Multipanel works for Alt and VS. Phew!😀 (I can't see a way to select a VS on the autopilot?)

Yes, the VS got me to. I can get the button to light up but currently can't find a wheel or something to use to dial up a climb rate.

Unless it is the forward/back 'rocker' thing to the right of the button you push to activate the AP, down below the Pilot's right hip??

JF??

Or manual page ref please?

T45

4 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

This worked great - the autopilot flew the route perfectly.

But I kept pulling up the Microsoft Map built in to make sure....is there a way for the route and progress (moving map) to show on the EFB map as a cheat, or any other way to display the route to be followed graphically (yes, I like GPSs and needles scare me 🙂 )?

But a gorgeous aircraft for sure, inside and out!

• Like 1

There is no way to adjust the VS rate without using SYNC mode to manually change it. 

We are aware of an issue affecting the elevator trim axis and will issue a fix shortly. 

Martyn - Just Flight 

• Like 7

Martyn - Just Flight

My oh myyyyyy this is all I need!!

How flight simulation has evolved. No regrets with this purchase. 

aUSwYQY.jpg

• Like 7

Oh boy oh boy!  🙂

The Just Flight BAe146 was my go-to aircraft in VR on X-plane and I have been waiting impatiently for this to come onto MSFS.  It was also by far my favourite aircraft to fly as a passenger during a few years of frequent European city-hopping in the early 2000's 

And it has now arrived.  And I've just had a few flights, trying to remember all of the 'do's and don'ts' associated with this era and particular aircraft type. 

And - well, it's simply magnificent!  It's as good as I remember and better.

Reading some of the comments above, though, it maybe helpful for me offer just a few tips that I learnt the hard way on X-plane while clambering up the learning curve of this "old school meets the new technology" era of aircraft.

- Just Flight provide a very comprehensive user manual.  It's probably too detailed for most of us 'casual simmers' to plough through in one sitting.  But: DO read the autopilot section; DO read the throttle/power sections; DO read through the tutorial flight; DO start off first-off at the end of a runway engines running ready to go.  And DO dip into the manual from time to time on specifics if and when 'odd things happen'

- I learnt that if something was behaving decidedly oddly, it was pretty much always me having done something or not having done something.  

- You do have to fly the aircraft.  The autopilot works really well (of course, you have to switch it on with the black button in the centre switch block) but always remember that throttle control is manual.  Think more using autopilot of a Cessna 172 than an A320.  The AP will sort your trim and altitude and heading...but too much or too little power will eventually defeat it.

- Ditto landing.  On ILS landing, the flaps/speed/throttle juggling is a proper flying task, or you WILL fly right through or underneath the ILS beam

- Warning buzzers really do usually mean that you've forgotten something basic

- I personally found it easier to start with just ADF/VOR navigation for national and international city hopping and really get to know the aircraft before moving onto the added complications of FMS programming.

What I particularly like about this aircraft (and having sat next to the relief pilot on one flight in a real one, I'm pretty sure this is very much as the real aircraft is) is that the basic flying skills - including the navigation systems on particularly the earlier versions - are closer to a GA aircraft than a modern airliner.  But the engine management systems are quite sophisticated.  And so what I have found is that - as long as I stick to the basics and golden rules - then the rest of the systems are actually clever enough to cover up many of my general technical failings (esp engine management).  So while it is, in my opinion, very much a study level rendition of the aircraft type, you nevertheless don't need a brain the size of a planet just to get it off the ground and stay in the air 😉  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

36 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

This worked great - the autopilot flew the route perfectly.

But I kept pulling up the Microsoft Map built in to make sure....is there a way for the route and progress (moving map) to show on the EFB map as a cheat, or any other way to display the route to be followed graphically (yes, I like GPSs and needles scare me 🙂 )?

But a gorgeous aircraft for sure, inside and out!

You can always use little navmap.

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5