Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

1 hour ago, Republic DC9 said:

This worked great - the autopilot flew the route perfectly.

But I kept pulling up the Microsoft Map built in to make sure....is there a way for the route and progress (moving map) to show on the EFB map as a cheat, or any other way to display the route to be followed graphically (yes, I like GPSs and needles scare me 🙂 )?

But a gorgeous aircraft for sure, inside and out!

You can try the free PMS 750 (tool bar) gps.  Do your FP in Simbrief  and download to FMS and MSFS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

This isn't a known issue but as someone else said, make sure the HSI change over switch is set to R NAV. Also confirm the HSI distance is showing a value (I.e. not dashed lines) otherwise that'd indicate the FMS doesn't have a valid flight plan to follow. 

Although our FMS is built on the WT version, it doesn't rely on the CJ4 in any way so updating that aircraft won't impact the 146.

Martyn - Just Flight 

I did multiple flight afterward and I didn't get any issue. I was able to recover by using heading mode and catch the intercept before it started working again. I have no idea what happen

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Please excuse my obtuseness, but the following has confused me:

"

Can I use the MSFS flight planner to navigate the aircraft?

With the FMS option enabled on the EFB, you can set the MSFS flight plans to automatically be imported into the FMS (and thus used by the LNAV autopilot mode and HSIs) by selecting the FP SYNC option on the INDEX PAGE 2 > MOD SETTINGS page of the FMS to ON. When set to ON, any changes you make to the flight plan will also been shown on the MSFS VFR map.

With the FMS option disabled on the EFB, the LNAV autopilot mode and HSIs (with the change-over switch set to RNAV) will always be synced with the MSFS flight planner."

To have the aircraft following the MSFS flight plan via LNAV  AP mode & HSIs 0n - do I need the FMS Enable 'On' in the EFB, or 'Off'

The note above appears to say both.

I went to test both situations but the engines were dead & 4 "Low Oil Pressure' warning messages were  showing in Red.

How do I fix the oil pressure?

Thank you.

T45

2 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

There is no way to adjust the VS rate without using SYNC mode to manually change it. 

A there's the rub. What is Sync Mode? I'm now away for the weekend. Any way to access a manual so I can read up on it if I get some peace from She who must be obeyed? I forgot to copy it to my phone.

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

A there's the rub. What is Sync Mode? I'm now away for the weekend. Any way to access a manual so I can read up on it if I get some peace from She who must be obeyed? I forgot to copy it to my phone.

You can hit a Link on the 146 Product Page on JF website

T45

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Basically a button you press with the autopilot on that let’s you manually adjust some aspects of flight ie vertical speed, then when you release the button the autopilot will continue on with whatever changes you’ve manually made.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

It's a clever system.  It's covered on Page 27 of the Operations Manual - where there are also instructions for how to set the binding correctly.

As @regis9 explains above, when the pilot presses the SYNC button on the control column, it disengages the A/P clutches, allowing the electric trims to be changed without it disengaging the A/P . Then another press re-engages the clutches with those changed trim settings now in place and the A/P still engaged.

For assigning a HOTAS button as SYNC, the critical thing is to know which command has been used by Just Flight in MSFS (as stock MSFS doesn't have a Sync command in its controls options).  P27 of the Operations Manual confirms it's the MSFS "TOGGLE AFTERBURNER" command.  X-plane uses a different command which is covered in JF's Op Manual for the X-plane11 version of the 146.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

please pardon me for asking, but after reading the manual (to some extent) I am wondering if this aircraft can fly a PLN I make with the worldmap or in Little Navmap via Autopilot GPS.

I usually don't fly airliners, but still this could be something for me, as it's not so modern and automated and seems to be made to fly shorter routes.
Also I just love the Arrows from JF, so I figured this can't be all bad, coming from those guys 😉

I would propably fly this Bae 148 by using VOR to VOR, but if I wanted a GPS flightplan, I was wondering if it would follow a PLN flightplan that I make in LNM, like i.e. the G1000NXi aircraft do.

cheers !

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

Just a minor comment  - in the features list, it states "Simulated brake accumulators supplied via the hydraulic power sources (yellow or green)".

Just to be clear, there is no dedicated brake accumulator in the Green system - it is there to supplement the flow from the hydraulic pumps under peak flow conditions, for example, when starting up the standby generator.

There is no main system accumulator in Yellow system as the flow demands are not that high.  The brake accumulator has three functions:

1. To provide pressure to the brakes when the aircraft is parked and the hydraulic system is powered off/

2. In the event of the loss of Green and main Yellow systems, it provides anti-skid flow in addition to the flow generated by the DC pump.

3. For some operators, it provides a means to retract the airstairs when there is no hydraulic power available.

I was in charge of the BAe146 hydraulic system when I worked at Hatfield.

Best regards,

Peter Keenan

Edited by Peterwk
Editorial corrections

27 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

please pardon me for asking, but after reading the manual (to some extent) I am wondering if this aircraft can fly a PLN I make with the worldmap or in Little Navmap via Autopilot GPS.

Yes, according to a post above.

Where can i shut up the alarm after disconnecting the autopilot, I clicked everywhere and did not find it

31 minutes ago, bendead said:

Where can i shut up the alarm after disconnecting the autopilot, I clicked everywhere and did not find it

On the small red knob ( left thumb ) on your pedelstal..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The TOGGLE AUTOPILOT MASTER and AUTOPILOT OFF control assignments should also disconnect the autopilot in a way that prevents the continuous warning, instead just triggering the short audible warning that doesn't require the yoke AP DISC button to be pressed.

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

52 minutes ago, Peterwk said:

Just a minor comment  - in the features list, it states "Simulated brake accumulators supplied via the hydraulic power sources (yellow or green)".

Just to be clear, there is no dedicated brake accumulator in the Green system - it is there to supplement the flow from the hydraulic pumps under peak flow conditions, for example, when starting up the standby generator.

Best regards,

Peter Keenan

Hi Peter. Thanks for pointing out the error on the product page. The aircraft already simulates that all correctly but we'll edit the page shortly.

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight