Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

Concorde release 30/3/22

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Okay but I hope you realise that was one of the most difficult approaches in the world…

Of course, I’ve landed the ConcordeX (and possibly SSTSIM) there a number of times. My remark was about the fact that you can just get one of the free mods available to place the airport where it used to be.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

24 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Of course, I’ve landed the ConcordeX (and possibly SSTSIM) there a number of times. My remark was about the fact that you can just get one of the free mods available to place the airport where it used to be.

You should have said. I thought you might be new to Concorde.

Where are you departing from? One if the reasons I’ve rarely flown to Hong Kong is finding a suitable supersonic routing. Sydney is beyond its range. Brisbane might be doable.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, F737NG said:

'Full Preview' (8-minute video) is now out:

At 4m 31s on the above video the outside temperature gauge is shown. The ISA Dev temperature is -57C.

That is well outside the normal temperature deviation of -20 to +10.

Was real weather used for that video or manually created? The air temperature has a significant impact on Concorde’s performance. With that temperature it would climb excessively but descent would be very poor.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

flew her through Tower Bridge

Your secret's out - you're a gamer, not a simmer. For shame!😁

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 hours ago, 6297J said:

We use to hear it every night at about 9pm breaking the sound barrier above us in Cornwall. 

I remember passing one in a field (probably wasn't actually a field but it felt like it) somewhere on the road between Cornwall and Essex when I was a child visiting family. We stopped and somehow were allowed to climb onboard and have a tour. It was horribly cramped and we were all a bit disappointed.  

It's a pass from me. 

Probably the Cornwall Aero Park (later The Flambards Experience, now Flambards Theme Park) which had a BAC Concorde flight deck. Sadly, the Aero side of the business has mostly gone (though the Concorde is still there apparently).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

16 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Your secret's out - you're a gamer, not a simmer. For shame!😁

You’ll need to point your finger at the ex-Concorde pilots who took it in turn to guide us down so we could fly through the bridge. 😉

I think it was introduced to give the guest something to aim for that involved flying with a degree of accuracy.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

At 4m 31s on the above video the outside temperature gauge is shown. The ISA Dev temperature is -57C.

That is well outside the normal temperature deviation of -20 to +10.

Was real weather used for that video or manually created? The air temperature has a significant impact on Concorde’s performance. With that temperature it would climb excessively but descent would be very poor.

Not sure what weather they used but MSFS high-altitude live weather is a concern at the moment. As you point out, it can adversely affect Concorde's performance. Remember back last year when everything above 24,000ft was 256 degrees C?

Hoping for the best.

Just now, DC1973 said:

Not sure what weather they used but MSFS high-altitude live weather is a concern at the moment. As you point out, it can adversely affect Concorde's performance. Remember back last year when everything above 24,000ft was 256 degrees C?

Hoping for the best.

I vaguely remember it as I scan the forums as part of my duties. But given that was some time ago you would hope that would have been solved by now.

People will need to keep a close eye on that gauge and if the ISA Dev really is that low it needs raising as an urgent case for resolution. The impact on Concorde’s performance will be significant as you will appreciate.

Tmo also needs monitoring. I’ve only known a few occasions when 127°C was exceeded and you do have to slow down or go down. ☹️ It looked right on the limit in that video.

Good luck with the release. Hope it goes well for you. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Two days ( if nothing goes wrong ) and we have this amazing Airplane in MSFS, i just can't wait..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Is there an option to remove the first officer model? I do not have MSFS, but I actually prefer not to see anyone in the cockpit when I am in the VC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Cockpit looks great!!!!

Air France Livery please.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Another fantastic video.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You should have said. I thought you might be new to Concorde.

Where are you departing from? One if the reasons I’ve rarely flown to Hong Kong is finding a suitable supersonic routing. Sydney is beyond its range. Brisbane might be doable.

Ray, I thought you remembered that we were both on the ConcordeX beta team 😉

I believe that I wanted to replicate a short trip from Manila (RPLL) to Kai Tak, the flight was apparently a shopping trip for, amongst others, Imelda Marcos (famous for her shoe-shopping). I made the flight a few times back in the day.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models