Sign in to follow this  
garlicbread11

Concorde release 30/3/22

53 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There is a standard procedure for the descent and I'm sure @DC1973will include that in the docs.

He has indeed 🙂 👍

• Like 4

I have the iitv concorde dvds I watch occasionally, its 300 minutes, well done.

6 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Why exactly, would one need a study level sim for the Concorde?😏

Because it's one of the most interesting airplanes in history with a lot of unusual techniques and procedures, which means it's a whole new world to explore if all those mechanics and techniques have been adequately represented? Why would one need a study level sim for any plane if not for immersion and the fun of learning and mastering complex machines?

Edited by Fiorentoni
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be fair, that also means that a study-level Concorde would likely take a long time longer to make. I have no doubt we'll get one, at some point, but we shouldn't expect something that complex and unique to come out 1.5 years after the release of a new simulator. I wouldn't expect it before year 3-4 (optimistic prediction).

For now, I'm happy we're getting an "entertainment" version to get our feet wet.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 2

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, bugbee said:

I have the iitv concorde dvds I watch occasionally, its 300 minutes, well done.

I bought the DVDs many years ago and still watch them. Essential viewing if you want to get the best out of your investment. Available as streaming ...

https://www.itvv.com/civil-aviation-on-demand/ppv/instant-flightdeck-streaming-documentary/concorde-part-one-5028940030913.html

or as a download to burn to a DVD...

https://www.itvv.com/Civil-Aviation-Flight-Deck-Download/Concorde-Part-One.html

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wonderful news, can't wait..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Doering said:

Just viewing many Concorde videos. This one highlights Concorde 001 first test flight. Excellent video quality for 1969!

Great vid.

So sad to hear the optimism in the narrator's voice about "Soon the sight of Concorde's will be commonplace in international airports all over the world" or something like that.  Little did they know back then that the world had different plans for her eventual routes, and even in her heyday, she could only be seen in a few city-pairs. 😞 

My late Aunt worked for Alitalia Cargo at JFK and thought the Concorde was the most gorgeous aircraft she'd ever seen, and the whole office would either head outside or to the office windows whenever the Concorde made an appearance. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Because it's one of the most interesting airplanes in history with a lot of unusual techniques and procedures, which means it's a whole new world to explore if all those mechanics and techniques have been adequately represented? Why would one need a study level sim for any plane if not for immersion and the fun of learning and mastering complex machines?

Very true,

This plane in particular is so unique in every way that there are probably pages of interesting facts about her most don't even consider and would be great to see replicated in a sim as to fancy yourself a pseudo Concorde pilot like we do any aircraft out there.

I wonder how many knew (before Google) that there were fewer Concorde pilots than astronauts? (may not be true now but back in the day)...many more cool tidbits about the plane I'm sure our resident super-fan of the model @Ray Proudfoot would happily supply if asked. 😉

Hope she gives you a lot of enjoyment Ray, you've been waiting patiently for another Concorde for years (decades?) and it doesn't seem it'll ever materialize before either of us leave the bounds of earth for good. 😞

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

@Steve Dra Maybe should be a DM but what the heck! Your comments are the best! Always insightful and real! Perhaps “As Real as it Gets” my friend!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

The only known photo of Concorde taken at supersonic speed. The RAF Tornado flying with reheat couldn’t keep up so asked the Concorde crew to slow the aircraft. This was taken with G-BOAG travelling at Mach 1.6 over the Irish Sea in April 1985.

79049F0D-71F7-4662-ADC1-B40FCF519ABA.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

24 minutes ago, Doering said:

@Steve Dra Maybe should be a DM but what the heck! Your comments are the best! Always insightful and real! Perhaps “As Real as it Gets” my friend!

Thanks @Doering

I had many great memories of my late Aunt and a few where she took me to work with her as a young lad and I got to see all the cool Alitalia Cargo birds on the ramp at JFK.

In fact I painted this 777F in her honor, and the fictional reg "I-TASA" was what we called her.  Teyze (pronounced "Tezza or Taza" is Turkish for Aunt.  My Mom had my older brother while she was with my Dad who was in the Navy stationed in Turkey in 1960.  Her sister, my Aunt (Aunt-to-be as I was not born yet for another year), went to Turkey to help my Mom while she was pregnant with my brother...she picked up the name there and it stuck all thru our lives together.  She was the quintessential "cool Aunt" in every way. 🙂

This was the livery Alitalia Cargo was wearing when she worked for them.

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The only known photo of Concorde taken at supersonic speed. The RAF Tornado flying with reheat couldn’t keep up so asked the Concorde crew to slow the aircraft. This was taken with G-BOAG travelling at Mach 1.6 over the Irish Sea in April 1985.

Great shot Ray!  Hehe....they should'a requested a BAC Lightning....one of the coolest looking Jets to ever leave a British aerodrome. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve

Unfortunately I had moved on from Lightnings by the time Concorde was testing.  But I do remember in the early Phantom days chasing this “blip” up the North Sea - he was climbing and a accelerating away from us - and we were supersonic 😂😂

Ray

Looking at a virgin copy of the JF boxed Concorde release - complete with 2 dvd (one is Part One of those you highlighted) and a thick printed manual which might come in useful if FS Labs ever release.  Interesting remembering how well PSS were doing in those days -   Concorde, Airbus, 757 - a great shame.

John Rooum

• Like 5

12 hours ago, FOD said:

which might come in useful if FS Labs ever release.

They announced last week work is progressing well. We live in hope. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Why exactly, would one need a study level sim for the Concorde?😏

A strange question. Why would someone using a flight simulator on their home PC (in other words, not training to be a real world commercial pilot) want a study sim of any aircraft? I would think it is because they are interested, and would like to know what it is like to fly these majestic machines like real world pilots. Contrary to popular belief, flightsim users do not need to stick to those aircraft types and routes that are currently being operated in the real world. The sky (or outer space in the case of Concorde) really is the limit where flight simulation is concerned.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png