Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

What is the date for next update

I myself can wait the Iberia WU for two more days, I´m not flying in there at the moment, coming northbound from my Africa tour... So no worries about that. It is just quite bizzard if we go to this direction. I notice asking myself, what happens if there is another crash anywhere in the world during these couple of days? Another delay?? 

• Upvote 1

Tapani Österberg

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Jeez the comments here. For few days delay that make bunch of adults crying. Get over it, is not the end of the world. They could have their own reasons why and we shall understand that. 

Some will refuse to understand that.  Welcome to the entitled society!

I wish my bank's customer service were as good as Asobo's/Msoft's though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jetlag said:

Some will refuse to understand that.  Welcome to the entitled society!

I wish my bank's customer service were as good as Asobo's/Msoft's though.

Crikey you might wanna change banks then 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Seems to me some of the people here are far too obsessed with their flight simulations and take every action a developer or Asobo far too personally.  This really is a non issue in the greater scheme of things.

If this two day delay and the reasons for it are pushing you towards a potential stroke maybe take a step back and ask why a mere game is upsetting you so much and take a breath and then schedule a 2 day break from simming to enjoy some of the finer aspects of real life. 

While I agree with all your saying here the 'Game' tag really bites after all the years of establishing this franchise as a 'SIM".  Minecraft wish it could have inspired real world professionals in the way the FS franchise has.  Even my son was inspired to fly in the real world thanks to this sim let alone myself.🍺 

Alas it has been released for XBOX so there you have it... 😌

Again good points.  Find another 'Game' if you can't wait two days longer for an update.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wow the tinfoil hats are out in force looks like ... A software company, providing a free update to their flight simulation/game, to visually enhance a very specific area of the world, delays it by TWO DAYS due to a flight-related tragic event, and therefore there must be nefarious reasons and they have to be condemned?! Quite frankly, they have every right to delay it by any amount of days for whatever reasons they please, especially since it's a free scenery update... and if that makes you run around with your hair on fire and/or pontificate on various conspiracy theories as to why, well then it's quite hard to take you seriously.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I don't personally care for the push, but the reason is pretty ridiculous. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

13 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Just RELEASED >>> 

In light of recent tragic aviation news, we have made the decision to postpone our release of World Update VIII: Iberia until Thursday, March 24th at 2:00 AM PDT (0900Z). We extend our deepest condolences to those affected by this event.
Thank you,
MSFS Team

I can wait a couple of days and don’t really care either way, but not sure what one thing has to do with the other. 

Edited by neil0311
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, robert young said:

So I apologise for exhausting you, but I can assure you there are many others who are even more exhausted after this constant dance around silly bugs that scupper their sincere attempts to improve things for all users

Since you and the many others know this so well it seems the wise path forward is to hold off developing anything until the platform has stabilized much more, and communicate that clearly to MS/A, en masse, like the 50 award winning developers who produced the letter you stated was ignored by MS/A.  And it's pretty clear the basics are still being worked out.  I think this approach would also be far more meaningful to MS/A to see that no one is going to develop airware until as I say the platform has matured enough.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I wonder if they chose Thursday so they could add the new AIRAC cycle as well.

26 minutes ago, Stelios said:

Due to the Boeing 737 crash the update was postponed to the 24th.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/world-update-8-iberia-postponed-to-march-24/506072

Did you even read the thread before posting? We know. People have been fighting over it the last 3 pages.

Edited by Tuskin38

I wonder how many of those who are struggling with having to wait two extra days for an update actually have any interest in flying in Spain or Portugal 😃

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I don't personally care for the push, but the reason is pretty ridiculous. 

Same here, if a Q&A session was programmed, did not see anything on MSFS forum, I could understand why they would not do it.

3 hours ago, harrry said:

The delay is a delay for a questionable reason.   2days or 2 months it is still disrespect of customers.

I will leave you to consider if your post is disrespect of members.

Who are you to decide what constitutes as a 'questionable' reason?  How is this very short two day delay in any way disrespectful?

In the grand scheme of things, this tiny delay rates a 0.1 on the richter scale imho

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

22 minutes ago, 6297J said:

I wonder how many of those who are struggling with having to wait two extra days for an update actually have any interest in flying in Spain or Portugal 😃

59 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Wow the tinfoil hats are out in force looks like ... A software company, providing a free update to their flight simulation/game, to visually enhance a very specific area of the world, delays it by TWO DAYS due to a flight-related tragic event, and therefore there must be nefarious reasons and they have to be condemned?! Quite frankly, they have every right to delay it by any amount of days for whatever reasons they please, especially since it's a free scenery update... and if that makes you run around with your hair on fire and/or pontificate on various conspiracy theories as to why, well then it's quite hard to take you seriously.

Again....it's not the delay, it's the REASONING for the delay. FYI they've been lambasted on other social media outlets, the beusement to their reasons have left users baffled far and wide not just here on AVSim

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)