Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Track IR

9 hours ago, udidwht said:

I use the following which is wireless...

https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/

Me too. I can warmly recommend it and after getting it would hate to fly without it.

The fact that it is wireless is super convenient.

... and @orchestra_nl yes, the battery is very easy to replace. Unscrew the lid, pop out and pop in. Runs on a single AA which lasts +/- 50 hours or so any way...

Edited by SuperKaro2014
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tup61 said:

I won't fly without it. Even in an airliner it's nice being able to look around quickly. I only fly the FBW A32NX (when it comes to airliners) and while I do use preset views (overhead, EFB, MCDU) whenever I need to spend more time anywhere during preflight nothing beats using TrackIR like for instance after take off when I quickly have to change lights, gear, flaps, radio, etc. The idea of having to do all that while using mouse look or presets... No, thank you! Also quick changes like landing lights and signs off at 10.000 ft, removing the cups in the FWB, glancing around during taxi, starting the APU after landing, turning anti ice on, configuring the AP, arming the spoilers, checking the overhead... Man, I really won't fly without TrackIR! It certainly isn't a VFR type tool!!! (Besides, enjoying the scenery while flying an airliner is also fun and a lot easier to do with TrackIR!) 

bu you still use your mouse to interact with things right? Cause that is my main concern. I move my head too much to be able to click on things

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

bu you still use your mouse to interact with things right? Cause that is my main concern. I move my head too much to be able to click on things

That is what the pause key is for in TrackIR. It freezes the image where you are looking so you can use mouse to turn knobs or whatever. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't have issues with clicking buttons but operating those dual rotary knobs can be a challenge. Zooming in by moving your head helps but you can always pause TrackIR for this. I hardly (need to) do that though.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

And you can assign a side button (if you have) on your mouse for the pause function, so pausing for a second to click a button or turn a knob is intuitive and can be done without removing your hand from the mouse. It becomes second nature.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I got Track IR several months ago but gave up while trying to set it up.  I really had a difficult time in getting it set properly (user error I am sure) and made myself too dizzy a few times when the view whipped around, went upside down and backwards, etc.  I'd like to get it working so maybe I will try the profile that was posted above.  I think that is what I am missing, a baseline that I could work off of...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Yes, I do, and without any problems. Take note that I use the default Smooth profile and I set the Smooth option (under Motion control) all the way to the right (50). This way little movements go by almost unnoticed. I only use the Pause option during initial setup of the FBW, so while working in the MCDU, when I don't need to look around. Other than that I seldom if ever pause. (I do use the recenter option quite a lot though.)

15 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

when the view whipped around, went upside down and backwards, etc.

That's probably due to a light source. I also have this around a certain (and always the same) time of the day and solve this by closing the curtains a bit.

Also make sure to position the 'camera' on your monitor straight ahead of the device on your head, so don't put the thingy on your monitor in the middle (as a lot of people initially do). I wear my clip on the left of my headphone and so I have the camera on the left of my screen too. This way you won't lose connection while looking left (or right) and you will be able to look everywhere with the same er... reach (can't come up with the proper English word 😉 ).

9 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Might be an interesting replacement for my (also custommade) Wireless Trackclip Pro.
Too bad they don't have a rechargable version. Is replacing the battery easy to do?

Extremely easy. Unscrew the cover, change AA battery. Done

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Would like to ask if TrackIr is heavy on system?

I have tried freeware system based on web camera - apart of bad movement i noticed huge system load.

I may consider TrackIr purchase only in case my I5 will handle that without having all cores working on 100%.

Artur 

I can recommend the Delanclip Fusionclip (wireless). It works perfectly. I use it on Airliners too for taxi, take-off, approach, when I want to enjoy the scenery passing by without crashing into a mountain.

4 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I may consider TrackIr purchase only in case my I5 will handle that without having all cores working on 100%.

In the very few times I did not use TrackIR I didn;t gain any FPS or notice anything "better," so I guess it doesn't really put any observable stress on my system. Been using TIR5 since back when a Pentium CPU was the latest and greatest.

Once you use it, it becomes necessary.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

39 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Would like to ask if TrackIr is heavy on system?

I have tried freeware system based on web camera - apart of bad movement i noticed huge system load.

I have never noticed any FPS loss when using TrackIR. 

Also, for those of you who have been using TrackIR and/or you are interested, check out these guys: https://www.trackhat.org/

I found out about them about five years ago. Since then, I use the TrackHat sensor instead of the hat sensors or TrackClip that comes with the TrackIR. It is a great piece of kit. It works with the TrackIR camera and software too. For me, this eliminated having to wear a hat with sensors, or having to have the wired Trackclip pro clipped onto a headset or some such setup. The TrackHat sensor is wireless and simply attached it to a headband from an old headlamp and that is all I wear. No hats, no wires, no headphones. I had never heard of them, and then some simmer years ago told me about them when I was wishing for a wireless TrackIR. Back when I first got my TrackHat sensor, they didn't make IR cameras similar to the TrackIR ones, but looking at their website now, I see that they do make those as well. I have never used those though, as my TrackIR camera still works fine after all these years. 

Edited by sniper31

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I had it running 24/7 its only recently since i upgraded to a vr headset Ive stopped plus its difficult to find the hat clip in Australia, i can buy it from the US, but with the clip and postage its almost $50

I started with the track ir 3 when you only had 3 axis of movement, it was a game changer for me in 2004, once they brought out six axis with the of movement version iv model it was a new level. I mainly bought for helicopters but soon used it on everything, just about each aircraft i had had its own profile  based on the fly i would do with it.

I  remember my first flight i had the immersion that gave me goose bumps was in a  old LZ model ch47 in 2002 and i flew over a mountain range and ledge just dropped away into a deep valley and i lost all sense of reality around me and i was so engaged in the sim.

from then onwards i never flew with 2d panels only VCs

the only sim i didnt get any enjoyment out of it was flaming cliffs or DCS these days

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA