Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

SPAD.neXt compatibility SU9b?

no matter how often Microsoft has repeated this to all beta applicants:

"Please remember this opportunity is for those who wish to provide feedback on the current state of the build, not for a sneak preview of the final build to be released at the end of April."

https://www.flightsimulator.com/march-31st-2022-development-update/

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Its a bit early to get excited guys.  Even in the last Development update Asobo have agreed in principle to do what it takes to improve accessibility of the Sim for external SimConnect apps like Mobiflight, Spad.next etc.  Might take a while, but bit early to think "we're screwed".....

Are there alternatives to Spad.next if I only use the Saitek switch panel and autopilot panel on Windows 10? (Just in case the problem persists after the beta)

Edited by MarioDonick

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

14 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Are there alternatives to Spad.next if I only use the Saitek switch panel and autopilot panel on Windows 10? (Just in case the problem persists after the beta)

AxisAndOhs, but that wont help because it goes through SimConnect, too. I assume that this will get sorted out in the Beta.

1 hour ago, MarioDonick said:

Are there alternatives to Spad.next if I only use the Saitek switch panel and autopilot panel on Windows 10?

1.25.4.0  my version in SU9 beta, and running an older version of AxisandOhs - AAO, 2.24.32.0 with Saitek Multipanel, Windows 10. why not try the free demo version:

https://axisandohs.weebly.com/

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

AxisAndOhs, but that wont help because it goes through SimConnect, too. I assume that this will get sorted out in the Beta.

I am on the beta 1.25.4 too and can't detect any problems with SimConnect, neither with AAO, nor my (own) other apps. Very weird and worrying at the same time (because of the state of uncertainty that this leaves us in). 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I am on the beta 1.25.4 too and can't detect any problems with SimConnect, neither with AAO, nor my (own) other apps. Very weird and worrying at the same time (because of the state of uncertainty that this leaves us in). 

That‘s good news, I guess (?). Anyway I stay away from the beta.

16 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Hmmm.. so I'm screwed basically and have wasted my money on SPAD.next. (It's rubbish anyway). Guess I'll just go back to the basic driver and write the money off. word not allowed SPAD.next with that attitude, I'll do without it.

Is it that  bad for you? 😮 why\?

Victor Roos

8 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

better be as spad is a very important piece for cockpits builders

On 4/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, iFlySimX said:

From their Discord...

I have been tolerating fingerpointing and accusing SPAD.neXt of the problems for a long time, but am fed with it now.
As a matter of fact:
- MSFS broke/changed something in SU9 (beta) which literally makes all external tools crashing MSFS that want to read data via SimConnect (the official data interface for MSFS)
- MSFS did not inform about any changes they did nor did send out any information what might will be changed  in SU9 that might causing  problems
- MSFS does not provide any interface to reliably know when it is safe  to query for data via SimConnect
- Former SU's had similar problems which have been addressed by MSFS before the SU was released
- I am sick of people fingerpointing to SPAD/FSUIPC/etc etc because MSFS does not communicate or provide information. I highly doubt this a problem of the tools.

However 
- I will not make any changes to SPAD.neXt to workaround any beta issues of MSFS SU9. 
- I will not implement any workarounds to make SU9 work, even when it is released, without MSFS providing professional information.

I am literally testing Axis & Ohs right now - just yesterday I asked advice in a thread whether to go with Spad.Next or Axis & Ohs.  A few days with Axis & Ohs then I was going to test your product  I completely get the frustration if MS breaks something but users point the finger at you. However, saying you may not update for SU9 when we are forced to update MSFS is a little worrying and something I think I should consider!  

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

FYI, this Spad.Next bug CTD bud was fixed within the frost few days of the SU9 beta. This is why some of us pushed so hard for a public opt-in beta.  In case the testing team at Microsoft/Asobo missed some show stopper bugs like this Spad.Next bug, the community would catch it on their behalf.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Connex responded correctly by not updating Spad to conform to Asobo's bugged SU9 release, imo,  because Asobo pushed a hotfix within days that fixed it.   It works fine.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

FYI, this Spad.Next bug CTD bud was fixed within the frost few days of the SU9 beta. This is why some of us pushed so hard for a public opt-in beta.  In case the testing team at Microsoft/Asobo missed some show stopper bugs like this Spad.Next bug, the community would catch it on their behalf.

I just installed the demo of Spad.Next, but MSFS refuses to start (SU9 beta 2).  If I remove Spad.Next, MSFS loads OK, so it doesn't appear to be working with the latest beta - unless someone already knows why 🙂

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Connex responded correctly by not updating Spad to conform to Asobo's bugged SU9 release, imo,  because Asobo pushed a hotfix within days that fixed it.   It works fine.

I just installed the demo of Spad.Next but MSFS refuses to load. I'm running SU9 beta hotfix.