Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

SPAD.neXt compatibility SU9b?

Haven't seen any posts about this other than comments SPAD.neXt causes CTDs with the new beta. That's bad news for anyone with eg Saitek panels like me.

Are we about to see a finger pointing exercise where MSFS says SPAD needs to update their tool to be compatible with SU9, and no information from SPAD.neXt?  Their Forum has nothing about this, and is anyway now set to read only. Updates are quite infrequent and I'm not holding my breath that there will be one by the end of April when SU9 update becomes obligatory for everyone. Of course Asobo may fix whatever's not working with Simconnect, which would be the best outcome....

I don't have SU9 beta for this reason. Has anyone reported this as a bug on flightsimulator.com?

Of course we could always migrate over to Axis and Ohs for £13, but I've already paid for a lifetime licence to SPAD.... so why should I?

Any ideas, thoughts anyone?

From their Discord...

I have been tolerating fingerpointing and accusing SPAD.neXt of the problems for a long time, but am fed with it now.
As a matter of fact:
- MSFS broke/changed something in SU9 (beta) which literally makes all external tools crashing MSFS that want to read data via SimConnect (the official data interface for MSFS)
- MSFS did not inform about any changes they did nor did send out any information what might will be changed  in SU9 that might causing  problems
- MSFS does not provide any interface to reliably know when it is safe  to query for data via SimConnect
- Former SU's had similar problems which have been addressed by MSFS before the SU was released
- I am sick of people fingerpointing to SPAD/FSUIPC/etc etc because MSFS does not communicate or provide information. I highly doubt this a problem of the tools.

However 
- I will not make any changes to SPAD.neXt to workaround any beta issues of MSFS SU9. 
- I will not implement any workarounds to make SU9 work, even when it is released, without MSFS providing professional information.

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

8 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

From their Discord...

I have been tolerating fingerpointing and accusing SPAD.neXt of the problems for a long time, but am fed with it now.
As a matter of fact:
- MSFS broke/changed something in SU9 (beta) which literally makes all external tools crashing MSFS that want to read data via SimConnect (the official data interface for MSFS)
- MSFS did not inform about any changes they did nor did send out any information what might will be changed  in SU9 that might causing  problems
- MSFS does not provide any interface to reliably know when it is safe  to query for data via SimConnect
- Former SU's had similar problems which have been addressed by MSFS before the SU was released
- I am sick of people fingerpointing to SPAD/FSUIPC/etc etc because MSFS does not communicate or provide information. I highly doubt this a problem of the tools.

However 
- I will not make any changes to SPAD.neXt to workaround any beta issues of MSFS SU9. 
- I will not implement any workarounds to make SU9 work, even when it is released, without MSFS providing professional information.

he is perfectly right

too many people talk and have not a clue what they talk about; no devs broke tools or scene the only breakers here are ms

• Like 1

Hello @ll,

does anyone know what the (MSFS) version number of that critical beta is? I thought that I joined the program, but reading this I'm not sure anymore - all my (own) SimConnect apps seem to work normally. I have 1.25.4.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

he is perfectly right

too many people talk and have not a clue what they talk about; no devs broke tools or scene the only breakers here are ms

it is just an addon, no need for ms to inform all addoncreators..how many are there.

it is only  a handful of users using this.

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

From their Discord...

As a matter of fact:

However 

Hmmm.. so I'm screwed basically and have wasted my money on SPAD.next. (It's rubbish anyway). Guess I'll just go back to the basic driver and write the money off. word not allowed SPAD.next with that attitude, I'll do without it.

Edited by jarmstro

7 minutes ago, wim123 said:

he is perfectly right

it is just an addon, no need for ms to inform all addoncreators..how many are there.

it is only  a handful of users using this.

As I understood it concerns every addon that uses simconnect... e.g. AIG, P2ATC, AxisAndOhs and a lot more, with probably thousands of users. Why do you say there is no need to inform the creators?

11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

As I understood it concerns every addon that uses simconnect... e.g. AIG, P2ATC, AxisAndOhs and a lot more, with probably thousands of users. Why do you say there is no need to inform the creators?

Because it's a beta. There's no need for any creator to have a hissy fit. All the creators affected need to fix their word not allowed accordingly. Most will. Some throw a tantrum. I mean, I've paid for SPAD.next and I bloody well expect it to work!!

Edited by jarmstro

My biggest worry, for all external content providers, is MS/AS doesn't really care whether they make a penny or not off THEIR software. Therefore, as they make updates, changes, etc. it's of their benefit for their software and if it screws someone else's software up, so be it. That's probably why some very Prominent SW Developers are sitting on the fence waiting for them to quit jacking with it.. 😉

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

From my understanding FSUIPC is effected too, as are all programs that use Simconnect.

Edited by Phantoms

James

Wow the moaning and groaning in here and calling spad rubbish, WTH it’s a very powerful and great program. I’m sorry you signed up for a BETA that was literally just released and got a BETA experience. The program works fine on the non-beta version of msfs which is the best you can expect of a developer. It sounds like a sim connect issue which msfs has had issues with in the past. Hopefully it will be fixed in the non beta version when it’s released.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your responses. So it's at Asobo's door I guess. I couldn't log into SPAD's Discord, but I totally get the SPAD guy's frustration, where something important breaks in an update of MSFS and no formal documentation or info warning about any changes is made available for 3rd parties.

This is really not satisfactory and I don't blame SPAD; SPAD works fine for me although my needs are not complex. I would like to request if anyone testing the beta uses SPAD, could they please report this in strong terms to Asobo - if it will do any good.

Thanks

ray

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I have 1.25.4.

1.25.4.0  my version in SU9 beta, and running an older version of AAO, 2.24.32.0 with Saitek Multipanel.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

19 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Thanks all for your responses. So it's at Asobo's door I guess. I couldn't log into SPAD's Discord, but I totally get the SPAD guy's frustration, where something important breaks in an update of MSFS and no formal documentation or info warning about any changes is made available for 3rd parties.

This is really not satisfactory and I don't blame SPAD; SPAD works fine for me although my needs are not complex. I would like to request if anyone testing the beta uses SPAD, could they please report this in strong terms to Asobo - if it will do any good.

Nothing has broken in an update for MSFS, at least not yet!

That's what beta's are for, to find out what breaks and what doesn't. And it is too soon to point fingers.

• Like 4

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Wow the moaning and groaning in here and calling spad rubbish, WTH it’s a very powerful and great program. I’m sorry you signed up for a BETA that was literally just released and got a BETA experience.

Thank you. The amount of people that flock to the forum to report how angry they are because the sim isn't working like they expect, after they've downloaded a beta version is just downright silly. Some do so thinking they're getting in early to reap all the benefits without realizing that the whole point of a beta is to report the many bugs that are expected to be present. It's a complex piece of software, bugs will be there, especially in a beta version. They will get it fixed. 

• Like 3