Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Headwinds A330-300 gets a massive new update

I hanen't given this one much attention in the past,but with this update it is really enjoyable. As the devs. say "it is not a study level aircraft" but gee it's great fun...

Good onya Headwind.

Couple it with the FTsim+ wwise sound pack and it's even better.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The only thing is, it is totally overpowered. It climbs at 8000 ft/min, if you let it. I am sure they will fix it and it will mature over time....

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

27 minutes ago, Silicus said:

The only thing is, it is totally overpowered. It climbs at 8000 ft/min, if you let it. I am sure they will fix it and it will mature over time....

I think he pushed out a hotfix for this.

Also, anyone else getting N1 maxing out at like 82% with the throttle full on?  I'm wondering if it's because I'm too lazy to set the performance initialization in the FMC.

• Like 1

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

Hi, I saw the following written about this freeware A330 at the flightsim.to page:

This aircraft systems are forked from the great FBW A32NX project, version 0.7.4. This means that the systems are more advanced than on the default Asobo A320. A cold and dark start requires some knowledge. If you don't know how to start an Airbus, I invite you to follow this tutorial.

If you are not familiar with the FBW A32N project, I invite you to consult the FBW official website and the documentation here.

So does this mean this A330 cockpit is using the A320 cockpit?  Does anybody know what are the differences between the A320 and A330 cockpit in real life?  I don't mind downloading this if the A330 cockpit is practically the same as the A320 cockpit in real life, but if the real life A330 cockpit is not that similar to the A320 cockpit, I think I will wait until this freeware project matures more and they get around to changing the cockpit so that it matches the real life A330 cockpit better (either way, it's a freeware project so we should be grateful that headwind and his team are putting in their own time to develop this and make it free to the community - also a big thanks to the FBW team for allowing other projects to use their code).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So does this mean this A330 cockpit is using the A320 cockpit? 

I think FBW fork is only for the systems. Regarding the cockpit similarities, no idea to be honest but I think from the photos, they are very similar.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

Couple it with the FTsim+ wwise sound pack and it's even better.

Do you have a link? Thanks 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just did a Boston to Lisbon 7 hour flight,all good,except no back lighting on MCDU keyboard.

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

Just did a Boston to Lisbon 7 hour flight,all good,except no back lighting on MCDU keyboard.

Excellent choice for the Arrival !  :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Do you have a link? Thanks 

Sorry , i should have posted it. But glad to see Steve86 has.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Does anybody know what are the differences between the A320 and A330 cockpit in real life? 

It's roomier 😁
joke saide, most of the deviations are tucked away from pilots point of view. For example, Fuel system /Hydraulic pumps differs compared from the smaller A320.

The A330 has four engine driven HYD pumps (2 on each engine) that powers three HYD systems. A320 "only" has two engine driven pumps.

The A330 is equipped with a fuel trimtank for CG management.

Different architecture for flight control computers, where the A330 offers more redundancy since any computer can control elevator, spoiler, ailerons.

• A320: ELAC (ELevator Aileron Computer) + SEC (Spoiler Elevator Computer)
  • A330 PRIM (PRIMary computers) + SEC (SECondary computer)

But again, these things work under the hood, in normal operations it's a "conventional" fly by wire Airbus.

@Chock is very knowledgable about these birds, maybe he can offer his view.,

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Easiest way to tell an A330 apart from an A320 in the cockpit - look at the landing gear warning lights. In the 330, they are represented like a tricycle. In the 320, they are three straight indicators across. If you're able to zoom out far enough, you'll also notice there's a 3rd MCDU unit in the pedestal for maintenance. There are obviously a few more differences, like hydraulic pumps, but - these first two examples are always easy dead-give-aways. 

• Like 1