Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Flysimware Chancellor released (Beta)

Dave not everyone is well spoken or well written!

I married an English major...I get corrected ALL the time lol

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

51 minutes ago, hangar said:

Just received this email from FSW...

... regarding the incomplete sentences, poor use of grammar, and even spelling mistakes: Are they serious? I think they are trying to say that before you update you first will need to uninstall the older version, but what does that have to do with their website logs?

I dunno who approved that email but he should be horse-whipped, IMO.

"We have an update coming in about 1 day. You will get a similar email confirming there is an update. Once you get confirmation there is an update and the version number you log into the store and simply download again. Then run the uninstaller from windows add/remove products then install this way it ensures your cleared your installation logs on our server. If you get any error codes from our installer just email and we will help you solve the issue. "

You can figure what he's trying to say, but geez...the run on sentencing is a tad troubling there 🙂

Hmmm.. I'm guessing they mean uninstall the previous version then run the installer? Ie don't just overwrite the existing files?

Edited by jarmstro

49 minutes ago, hangar said:

... regarding the incomplete sentences, poor use of grammar, and even spelling mistakes: Are they serious? I think they are trying to say that before you update you first will need to uninstall the older version, but what does that have to do with their website logs?

"We have an update coming in about 1 day. You will get a similar email confirming there is an update. Once you get confirmation there is an update and the version number you log into the store and simply download again. Then run the uninstaller from windows add/remove products then install this way it ensures your cleared your installation logs on our server. If you get any error codes from our installer just email and we will help you solve the issue. "

You can figure what he's trying to say, but geez...the run on sentencing is a tad troubling there 🙂

Thankfully for us he's a great programmer 😅

• Like 1

Former Child, Current Adult

As related a couple pages back in this thread, tbe email composition struck me as coming from someone who was just an a hurry to send something out.  Cut the guy a little slack.

Uninstalling the prior version before installing an updated version is just good practice.  You might be able to get away with just installing the update over the existing version, but if you run into problems and ask for help guess what they're gonna ask you too do... Only takes a few seconds to go go control panel / applications and uninstall.

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Disregarding a project I always uninstall previous version before installing new, unless it's of course a patch instead of full install.  

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hi,I bought the plane 1 hour ago but I'm not able to hide the EFB knowing the clickspot though. Is it just me? I clicked all around the small window with no success. Any idea?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, stesma54 said:

Hi,I bought the plane 1 hour ago but I'm not able to hide the EFB knowing the clickspot though. Is it just me? I clicked all around the small window with no success. Any idea?

Thanks

click near the very top

I know it´s still early acess, or beta,...but, how does it compare quality wise to the SWS Kodiak? Any side by side comparisons possible? System depth, flight model, ....

Iñigo Bildarratz

3 hours ago, hangar said:

I want to see you trying to communicate with me in Spanish to see how well you do it. Wanna try?

The united states isn't the center of the world nor English is the de facto language of the human race.

• Like 4

Juan Ramos

3 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

I know it´s still early acess, or beta,...but, how does it compare quality wise to the SWS Kodiak? Any side by side comparisons possible? System depth, flight model, ....

They're two very different aircraft.  For instance, most of the avionics in the Kodiak were already made by Working Title - granted SWS had to make adjustments to them.   C414 is almost all analogue gauges...I guess except for supporting both the TDS GTN Xi and PMS GTN - along with the GFC605 autopilot.  

Texture-wise they're both very good I'd say.  I prefer analogue gauges so I'm a bit biased to prefer the C414.  Although I do enjoy the Kodiak and SWS did a really nice job with it.  The Kodiak has working breakers - can't recall if there are failures or not.  C414 doesn't have this (yet).

Sound wise- at the moment the kodiak has a slight edge.  From what I've heard, FSW is going to make adjustments to their 414.

Flight model....unfortunately limited by Asobo's lack of turbocharged engine model....the kodiak would have the edge here again...although Asobo's not so great turboprop engine sim shows there too hehe.  I like them both personally in this regard - and they've both done what they can so far.

C414 accepts the TDS GTN750 xi and this is really what I'm after.  An analogue plane with GTN support is huge.  So I am very happy to have the C414 and the TDS GTN together.  WT G1000 NXi is fun too - and they obviously have made it a labor of love.  But nothing beats a GTN for me!  Also the C414 has some bugs and is in beta still.  If you don't mind that factor I'd get the 414.  But if you want glass and something a bit more stable, get the Kodiak.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

24 minutes ago, xender said:

I want to see you trying to communicate with me in Spanish to see how well you do it. Wanna try?

The united states isn't the center of the world nor English is the de facto language of the human race.

Flightsimware is based in California... not sure what you are trying to say? California hasn't been spanish for quite a while.

Edited by Fiorentoni

2 hours ago, stesma54 said:

Thanks

That click spot is the camera on the EFB. The click spot to bring it back is at the top of that little window.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Flightsimware is based in California... not sure what you are trying to say? California hasn't been spanish for quite a while.

The fact that Flysimware is based in california doesnt mean that the guy running it has to be an english native speaker nor that he has to have a perfect english. If you come to my country (the dominican republic) i wont deride you just because your spanish is hard to understand or because you make mistakes here and there.

I guarantee you that you will make mistakes, you will speak funny and will have a poor grammar and that's ok. I will try my best to understand you and help you.

Mocking someone because he cant speak your language flawlessly is of really bad taste.

But... keeping with the topic: I really enjoy the plane and cant wait to get the fixes!. Btw: What is the optimal climb speed? im climbing at 130 knots but that's just a guess.

• Like 4

Juan Ramos