Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Flysimware Chancellor released (Beta)

Perhaps it is time to move this topic to a new thread and leave the "snippets" behind, to show some appreciation to the FSW team for a superb plane rendition in all departments so far. I have not tested all yet and was probably their first customer from Europe this morning. I made a quick test flight out of Faro new MSFS WU8 scenery and took off at 6AM on runway 10 (ATC gave me runway 28, but I decided otherwise and got this funny message after I took off: "Please call Tower after you land", thanks to the new EU ATC phraseology package released recently).

Firstly do not be afraid by the "Beta" release, I am not an adventurous type either and usually stay away from Beta products released by unknown developers, but having used extensively their Falcon and LearJet in P3Dv4.5, I had no worry that this product - although Beta - would be enjoyable and completed soon, and it is indeed extremely immersive, few stones were left unturned, a very detailed interactive manual a wealth of various equipment, a splendid job in designing and texturing (and by the way, if you were less than convinced by their P3D products because of their "so-so" texturing, you will be much happier about this MSFS product). This first flight was at night and I could appreciate the detailed lighting with individual dimmers. I do not yet have any GTN 750, but if you have one, I am sure you will love the integration of them (2). 

So if you are in GA and like complex airplanes, this one is for you, go and grab it! And thanks to FSW for this first complex highly detailed twin in MSFS.

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 7

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Somebody please make a video. I don't think I've come across a new release without one for years and as good as this sounds, I'm not spending 30 quid for a addon without seeing a video or two first. 

• Like 2

A bit "expensive" for the new ongoing price tags in MFS Land, but still an aircraft that I have in my 2-.buy list !

Looks beautiful !

Flew in a real one on the mid eighties of last century, and it was an unforgettable experience...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Purchased this morning (Sat, March 26) and very impressed with the detail. Paid $39.99 USD at their website. Did a short flight but cheated and used the CTRL+E method to start the engines (the battery has to be on to make this work). They mentioned a few things they are still working on such as tablet options and I found those as well (the start modes for example). Other than the issues below, everything seemed to work fine. I do need to go through the manual though. I did cheer when I saw they allowed me to show Pam, my favorite co-pilot, in the right seat. 😁

Issues:

• Getting the A/P to work with my Honeycomb Bravo was "iffy". In addition, using the buttons in the sim seemed buggy (e.g. unresponsive) as well. I think they mentioned that in their list of coming "fixes".
  • The Registration number on the exterior did not change to match my custom registration
  • Some of the electrical switches that are indicated to have two positions only go one way. For example, the fuel pumps don't go to the low setting and the landing lights cannot be retracted. Although the arrow points down, clicking moves the switch up instead.
  • When using the GTN750Nxi liveries, the GTN's do not come on. The plain GNS750 (PM50 versions) do work if you choose any of those liveries.  May be an issue with the GTN750NXi in the MS Store.

I recommend this aircraft even in the beta state. I'm like Bernard and usually stay away from betas but this one is far enough along, and the promise of regular updates, made me want to not wait. Plus the special pricing right now.

Now, I have to decide if I still want the Milviz 310 when it is finally released.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

The Registration number on the exterior did not change to match my custom registration

This MSFS feature won't, and never will be included if the model is not setup to put a decal in place to accommodate it.  Most, if not all 3'rd party aircraft have the external reg number painted on the texture maps for accuracy and realism.  The custom reg feature in MSFS is novel at best and will never match what the actual reg font, color, etc will show you on the side of the plane, so 3rd party devs usually never consider adding this feature.

Most GA paintjobs feature a very stylized font for the reg, usually slanted at a sharp angle to depict forward speed.  Then there is the location...some planes have the reg on the horz stab, some on the rear fuse, ect.  Can't have them both mapped on the model to display a custom reg.

Anyway....I'm enjoying her as well, and think she'll mature into a fine full release once she gets all the bugs worked out in beta (not that I've found tons, but she is still unpolished, which is what a beta aircraft should be mid-cycle or so.  You won't see her come together with small touches that make you go "wow" until the very final stages...  On the beta teams I'm on, I've seen the drops we get (either patch updates or full installs) go from monthly, to semi-monthly, weekly, then almost daily and sometimes multi-times a day as you get that release candidate ready for prime time).

Here is a beautiful dusk approach into Miami!

YXWcYM.png

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

39 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

• Some of the electrical switches that are indicated to have two positions only go one way. For example, the fuel pumps don't go to the low setting and the landing lights cannot be retracted. Although the arrow points down, clicking moves the switch up instead.

They work in all position but you have to use mouse wheel

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

46 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

• When using the GTN750Nxi liveries, the GTN's do not come on. The plain GNS750 (PM50 versions) do work if you choose any of those liveries.  May be an issue with the GTN750NXi in the MS Store.

You own the TDS GTN XI right?  Wouldn't be an MS store issue because the TDS is only sold on their website https://www.tdssim.com/tdsgtnxi

If you already have all that installed make sure it shows up on the standalone app first before trying to figure out why it won't show in the sim itself.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It looks really good, I’m tempted to pick it up, I do think it is a tad bit on the expensive side however I don’t doubt that there is a lot of work put into it from the developers and respect their asking price, I just have to decide whether I will get enough use out of it for the type of flying I do…… but it sure looks good!! I’ll check out some streams and videos.

Anyone know how long the discounted price is in effect for? And what the cost will be once the discount period is over?

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

When using the GTN750Nxi liveries, the GTN's do not come on. The plain GNS750 (PM50 versions) do work if you choose any of those liveries.  May be an issue with the GTN750NXi in the MS Store.

Had the same issue - check to see if the TDS file is in your community folder. I had to update to the latest TDS manager and then reinstall the 750NXi. It then showed up in the CF and now works just fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

TDS GTN XI works fine here

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I don't have the TDS version. I have been using the one that is offered free at the MFS store so I'll just stick to the working liveries. Thanks for the notification on that issue,

Edited by topcat_1952
Removed some text

19 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

I don't have the TDS version. I have been using the one that is offered free at the MFS store so I'll just stick to the working liveries. Thanks for the notification on that issue,

Yes, what you are describing is the WTT G1000nxi which is indeed free at the store and an amazing navigation tool to boot, but unfortunately not installable in this plane. What is installable is the PMSGTN750 which is free and also leverages the wonderful WTT G1000nxi that you crave.  It will also provide a GTN750 which is a MUCH better tool than the default GPS

https://PMS50.com

-B

• Like 3

3 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

the landing lights do operate fully - retract/on/off - with mouse clicks but the arrows point in one direction only as you say. Only flown it for a little while, but I agree it's very good so far.

I've been enjoying the plane so far, it brings back a lot of memories....however, it's definitely under-powered. Maybe by 10% or so.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Had the same issue - check to see if the TDS file is in your community folder. I had to update to the latest TDS manager and then reinstall the 750NXi. It then showed up in the CF and now works just fine.

I have had to do the same today as well. The PMS version works fine, but despite using the correct livery i could only get the TDS version to work by re-installing it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,