Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Flysimware Chancellor released (Beta)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@JYWI am concerned that you have to use a mouse with the 414 autopilot. I really like binding commands to buttons/switches. It is a real shame because I was leaning towards the 414 - if nothing else because i prefer the way it looks.

@Bert Pieke Understood.

@Car147 I am impressed with the updates. Just concerned about key binding.

Thanks again guys. Appreciate the feedback. Having multiple options is a good problem to have!

Rich.

• Like 2

The new sounds are beyond fantastic and are as good as I could have ever hoped for.

I've never had any issues with the AP other than doing a poor job of tracking an ILS.

It's always flown an RNAV approach perfectly but falls apart on the ILS.

This newest build behaves about the same and tends to track to the left of the localizer and doesn't hold the glideslope well.

All ILS testing done at KABQ - Here's the approach plate- https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/2204/00012IL8.PDF

Anyone care to test this ILS and report? It might be the airport or on my end.

This is using the free PMS GTN750

Edited by skully
Added Approach Plate Link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichUK said:

I am concerned that you have to use a mouse with the 414 autopilot. I really like binding commands to buttons/switches. It is a real shame because I was leaning towards the 414 - if nothing else because i prefer the way it looks.

Same!

It really stands out as the only aircraft to date in MSFS where the AP commands aren't bound to the keyboard assignments.    I just read in the 1.9 update list that it's not addressed yet but they're planning on it.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

For you guys posting your feedback on both of these twins, I really appreciate it! I NEED at least one,and have been put off a bit by all the issues with the AP/approaches on the 414, which is probably where I’m slightly leaning. If the AP worked well, I’d probably have it by now! Would certainly be more beneficial for my FSE hangar. On the other hand, the C310 seems like a must have for many reasons. For me, I’m not sure I need all the attention towards failures and maintenance, but that’s just my opinion of course. Many seem to love the persistence with the 310. I’m looking for the best flight model and “that feeling,” which both might have in generous supply. 

52 minutes ago, JYW said:

Same!

It really stands out as the only aircraft to date in MSFS where the AP commands aren't bound to the keyboard assignments.    I just read in the 1.9 update list that it's not addressed yet but they're planning on it.

Same same.  I entered a request on the FSW Discord channel to add in a key binding for A/P Master Toggle and got a response that key bindings are definitely planned and will be added after other things are finalized.  Right now its all done through LVARs which means squat to me since Im not and LVAR dude nor looking to become one. Just wanna fly. So its not big deal to click a button with the mouse for now.

But it's still really good news that I think can be taken to the bank considering how this developer delivers so quickly, and well, on what is promised.  Like the new sounds... It was only mentioned 3 or 4 weeks ago that they were planned (and really the existing sounds seemed fine).  Well here they are. Meanwhile we've been waiting on new sounds that the developer of the Twin Otter mentioned how long ago?

The 414 randomly popped into my head this morning when I realized I hadn't flown it in about a week and really missed it.  Getting her speed back in this week's patch along with what sounds like an impressive audio update has me craving a fight.  Persistent states and all are cool (and I could swear some things on the 414 seem to be persistent as well, just not everything) she is a little more engaging for me than the other twin just due to her increased hooterage. 

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

9 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

... have been put off a bit by all the issues with the AP/approaches on the 414, which is probably where I’m slightly leaning. If the AP worked well, I’d probably have it by now! ...

I thought those had all been addressed?  The dev had been really going after those issues that were reported and I haven'tt run into any problems for a while now.  Using the TDS GTNXI.  I saw that BoeingDriver was having issues that he claimed were bugs in the 414  but those were solved by an update to the PMS50 GTN.  If there are other issues remaining beyond that I'm very confident that the dev will tackle them.  This is my second plane I've purchased from FSW and the dev has absolutely gained my confidence. Very responsive.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

24 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I thought those had all been addressed?  The dev had been really going after those issues that were reported and I haven'tt run into any problems for a while now.  Using the TDS GTNXI.  I saw that BoeingDriver was having issues that he claimed were bugs in the 414  but those were solved by an update to the PMS50 GTN.  If there are other issues remaining beyond that I'm very confident that the dev will tackle them.  This is my second plane I've purchased from FSW and the dev has absolutely gained my confidence. Very responsive.

Strictly speaking, it seemed to be a mod to the PMS, rather than a new update. And while it cured the GPS switch over to an ILS signal problem, the plane still can't do more in VNAV than a default MSFS2020 airplane.

@Stoopy JYW just posted a few hours ago about the “very buggy” AP…” on the previous page, which is what several/many have mentioned in this thread all along. ILS/localizer issues, problems picking up the GP, etc. Sounds like things are improving and watching impatiently. Hopefully upon release, you can bind the AP buttons to controllers otherwise like a few mentioned, that would be a deal breaker. 

Using the latest beta 1.9, just finished a flight on Vatsim to Zurich from Lugano. Using the TDS 750nxi, the auto pilot was perfect. Got put into a hold and then vectored for the ILS. Hold Entry (teardrop) and LOC / GS capture was flawless. 

This bird oozes character. 

4 hours ago, JYW said:

If it weren't for the fact that the autopilots (there are 2 options) in the 414 are really buggy (and haven't been binded to MSFS key commands; meaning you have to use a mouse with them), then the 414 would win it for me... although the C310 is really lovely.   My gripe with the C310 is that, visually, the panel is identical to the C310 they released for FSX, then FSX (Redux) then P3D, then X-Plane.   Same colours, main gauges, same (not great) GNS head unit textures (although I'm sure re-rendered for MSFS's new materials).   Point being that, as amazing the features are in the new C310, from the cockpit, it looks like I'm in FSX 😁  ... I wish they'd given us just a little refresh or update (or change!) to the panel, rather than an almost identical one that has been shipping with the previous 4 versions of their C310.

However, the 414's AP bugs are a bit of a showstopper for me, so as it stands, the C310 gets my vote as it's pretty much bug-free in my experience of it.

PS.... I haven't tried the recently released new version 1.9 of the 414.... might it finally fix the AP bugs?

If you have access to the FSW Discord, now would be the time to report the bugs you are encountering if you haven't done so already.  The dev has meticulously been chasing them down and fixing them so now we seem to be in a state of uncertainty where some aren't having issues but others seen to have vague issues.  If you don't use Discord, I'd be happy to pass along any specifics since we're in the beta.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

"That's what" - She

1 hour ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Strictly speaking, it seemed to be a mod to the PMS, rather than a new update. And while it cured the GPS switch over to an ILS signal problem, the plane still can't do more in VNAV than a default MSFS2020 airplane.

Well, I was able to do an RNAV+LPV (vertical guidance) approach into KTPA using the Flysimware C414.   I haven't found a default aircraft that can do that, but in fairness I haven't flown all of the default aircraft.

That was already 2 weeks ago when I did that.  The posts are in this thread back a ways.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

So on the topic of the Autopilot functions, I was jazzed to see this paragraph at the bottom of the release notes for the 1.9 update just now - not in @6297J's heads-up post on the previous page:

@everyone I got the default FLC mode to finally work. So we are planning on using default events on the GFC 600 now that we have new events that P3D did not have. This will allow use to have all of these buttons default. AUTOPILOT, FLIGHT DIRECTOR, YAW DAMPER, IAS, VS, ALT, HDG, NAV, BC AND APR. I think there is a new event for holding pitch level and bank level for LVL. So this will be every button. The only major difference will be that when arming for NAV and APR they will capture based on default logic which should be a match on most. Where is it not the same as the real unit is the NAV mode will not have LOC approach but you can simply use the APR model for a LOC approach. So this is now in the works.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Well, I was able to do an RNAV+LPV (vertical guidance) approach into KTPA using the Flysimware C414.   I haven't found a default aircraft that can do that, but in fairness I haven't flown all of the default aircraft.

That was already 2 weeks ago when I did that.  The posts are in this thread back a ways.

Was that with the PMS GTN?

2 hours ago, Stoopy said:

So on the topic of the Autopilot functions, I was jazzed to see this paragraph at the bottom of the release notes for the 1.9 update just now - not in @6297J's heads-up post on the previous page:

Thanks for the heads-up!

Any and all of these issues, comments, feedback etc need to be sent to their discord. The developer may not even see these and they take suggestions, feedback etc very seriously. Go to discord.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---