Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Brilliant MSFS performance

11 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Check out todays Hardware unboxed on youtube, they benchmarked the 5800x3d against the 5800x in msfs at 1080p 1440p and 4k, albiet with a 3090.

Got a link? 

19 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Got a link? 

MSFS-5800-X3-D.jpg

MSFS-5800-X3-D-a.jpg

Edited by penta_a
adding link
  • Like 3

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Very interesting that at 4k the average is almost identical but the 3dx maintains a 10-15% advantage in the 1% low. I wonder if this means the 3dx will help with the stutters/low fps in places like jfk.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

This  would look great if a) I already had an AM4 system and b) if MSFS was the only system-taxing app I used.  Unfortunately, my work involves Photoshop (and, occasionally, video editing), and I notice that the Gamers Nexus review revealed that the 5800X3D's performance in Photoshop was actually worse than the standard 5800X.  Since I'll need to build an entirely new system, I guess I'll have to either go with Intel or wait for the next gen (and hope that we don't have a whole new supply-chain/crypto-mining crisis driving prices sky-high at that time).

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

6 hours ago, Maxis said:

I'm waiting because at the moment im budget constrained.. but im also going to count on you to let me know how it runs at JFK with EVERYTHING turned on because at some point i am going to get this chip if i can get a solid 30fps with the entire airport humming.

Would have me set for at least another year and gives me a 1 year buffer before considering selling everything and starting fresh on AM5 or an intel offering.

On the Ground or in the Air??

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

22 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

On the Ground or in the Air??

Ground ... Current settings 3440x1440 + 115 render scale / LOD 300 Ultra everything in the FBW A320NX

I also use AIG traffic at 70%

Seeing mid twenties at times in a fully packed JFK...although its not a complete stuttering mess (the frame pacing is still usable) . Ill be happy with mid thirties on the ground at an airport of that level  because i already have so much GPU overhead the moment i depart a main thread bound area my FPS shoots right back up to my force locked 50 fps no problem.. Smaller airports i have absolutely no issues but i really want to break the back of those large airports.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 hours ago, JDWalley said:

This  would look great if a) I already had an AM4 system and b) if MSFS was the only system-taxing app I used.  Unfortunately, my work involves Photoshop (and, occasionally, video editing), and I notice that the Gamers Nexus review revealed that the 5800X3D's performance in Photoshop was actually worse than the standard 5800X.  Since I'll need to build an entirely new system, I guess I'll have to either go with Intel or wait for the next gen (and hope that we don't have a whole new supply-chain/crypto-mining crisis driving prices sky-high at that time).

Yep this chip is definitely not for you.

My PC is AM4 and is built exclusively for two applications .. MSFS2020 and Zwift So my options are that i can jump on the last hurrah bandwagon now .. Or Hold and wait for AM5 .. I think i want to get this chip then hold for round two of AM5 before building  an all new PC again because im sure just as the intel 12th gen stuff was expensive AMD is going to be the same when its new platform comes out. So i eagerly await to see hard numbers @ KJFK/KORD/EGLL/LFPG

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

38 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Ground ... Current settings 3440x1440 + 115 render scale / LOD 300 Ultra everything in the FBW A320NX

Seeing mid twenties at times in a fully packed JFK...although its not a complete stuttering mess (the frame pacing is still usable) . Ill be happy with mid thirties on the ground at an airport of that level  because i already have so much GPU overhead the moment i depart a main thread bound area my FPS shoots right back up to my force locked 50 fps no problem.. Smaller airports i have absolutely no issues but i really want to break the back of those large airports.

Are you using the default JFK or Asobos version?

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

10 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

Ordered a 5800 x3D today for my birthday present from me to me. I hope to see the 40%+ from my current 5800x, but we will see. But it should go nice with my 6800XT anyway.

I actually managed to snag a 5800X3D yesterday, and it's arriving today. However if I already had a 5800x rather than my 3800x I don't think I could of justified the expense, but we'll shall see if it performs as claimed.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

8 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

Very interesting that at 4k the average is almost identical but the 3dx maintains a 10-15% advantage in the 1% low. I wonder if this means the 3dx will help with the stutters/low fps in places like jfk.

My thought exactly. Running at 4k myself, Obviously I am more GPU bound than anything since I wont pay 2 grand USD for a 700 usd video card. I think the massive amount of "3d cache" is what is lifting it up here in the 1% low's. We all know 4K is the great cpu leveler but that boost in 1% could totally be justifiable for me coming off the 5800x. I have too many other things going this year to budget a new cpu and new video card without the wifey yelling at me.....Tough call as im sure the rtx4 series should be just around the corner....

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

On 4/14/2022 at 7:47 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

On a 9900Ks. With a 3090 at 4K. No Ideas what I am supposed to upgrade to, if it is even worth it? 

same for me. at 4K, fps increase is negligible, we would need the RTX 4090 instead to see any major increase worth an investment. and perhaps a new PSU 😊

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

12 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

the Ryzen's have never really been amazing overclockers. People are not rushing out to try and get an extra 1ghz out of them. That has been Intel's game for a while now. My 5800x sits all day in MSFS at 4.85ghz with zero manual overclocking. Most of the later Ryzen chips perform at higher than advertised clock speeds anyways.

I would argue that if the CPU is already clocked @ 4.85Ghz, you do not need to overclock it further.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, Maxis said:

FBW Exp at JFK, 2560x1440 + 100 Render/300 LOD Ultra everthing else gets current cpu 21.6 w/ MainThread Limited. I don't have AIG and Traffic setting are at default 50%. There is your Baseline. There is a chance that it will be delivered today as it arrived at the UPS facility at 4AM this mornig but does not show out for delivery as of yet 2.5 hours later.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

10 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

Are you using the default JFK or Asobos version?

If your asking if im running the standard vs premium deluxe edition im running the Premium Deluxe which i guess has an enhanced KJFK