Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Brilliant MSFS performance

I will let you know in an hour or so. 

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

7 hours ago, pilot-br said:

Hi everyone. The discussion here provided me good background to attempt the switch to the 5800x3d. Did it yesterday and the results for me was good enough for the cost. I came from the 5900x and it cost me 100usd to make the jump, selling the old processor. Frame consistency is better and noticeable. Other than on the ground at major airports near photogrammetry areas it’s almost a constant 55+ fps at 4K Ultra or even 60fps flying simpler airplanes downtown LA or NY, something I haven’t seen before with the 5900x. So I’m more than happy. There’s some optimization needed in the sim when on the ground. Taking off from LAX for me, climbing above 100agl just clears everything and it frames move up to what the gpu can give.

running it with a 3090ftw3, 32gb of cl14 3600 and a fast nvme. SMT off, way more addons than I should. If anyone wants specific data from a certain location let me know and I’ll try to help you.

Can you give fps figures for when on the ground as a comparison, as this is the only area of the sim i am looking to improve?

I am running a 3900x rx6800 and getting 40fps airbourne at 4k mostly ultra, but I have to turn Lods to 100 on the ground to get a reasonablly steady 27-30fps, am hoping to be able to get this up closer to 35fps with more consistant frame timing for smooth track ir with lods at 150-200, so am intetested to know your experience and how much improvement you got in fps on the ground over your old CPU.

The difference is night and day for me from the 3800x. I was getting upward of 60fps on the ground in the Super Connie at CYVR. Normally that would be 45fps maxed. That's with 400 LOD. 

• Like 1

It sounds promising, pick mine up tomorrow, but being a bit hesitant to let go of my 5900, I wonder how DCS will perform with the 5800x3D, it's my other application I use most. On the otherside the performance gain in Assetto Corsa Competizione is staggering. 

We will see... 

McDan out

55 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

The difference is night and day for me from the 3800x. I was getting upward of 60fps on the ground in the Super Connie at CYVR. Normally that would be 45fps maxed. That's with 400 LOD. 

Thanks,

Need to find stock in the UK now.

6 hours ago, Simple B said:

Can you give fps figures for when on the ground as a comparison, as this is the only area of the sim i am looking to improve?

I am running a 3900x rx6800 and getting 40fps airbourne at 4k mostly ultra, but I have to turn Lods to 100 on the ground to get a reasonablly steady 27-30fps, am hoping to be able to get this up closer to 35fps with more consistant frame timing for smooth track ir with lods at 150-200, so am intetested to know your experience and how much improvement you got in fps on the ground over your old CPU.

You’ll easily be above 35fps that’s for sure. If you want a specific scenario tell me the airport and aircraft and I’ll show you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Simple B said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-EHJ2yzILpLlGdxncIbea8sQqLZUIl-4

got some screenshots for you. This is running pure ultra 4K LOD200 in a clean community and default A320 and C172. Locations are London City, KJFK, Atlanta and KLAX. As I said it seems heavier when standing still. When you start moving frames go up considerably. As you leave the ground frames jump up. But have a look.

• Like 1

I can now run the game at Ultra LOD 400. This CPU is good for MSFS

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I can now run the game at Ultra LOD 400. This CPU is good for MSFS

Without stuttering? 

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Without stuttering? 

I didn't get enough flight time to answer that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilot-br said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-EHJ2yzILpLlGdxncIbea8sQqLZUIl-4

got some screenshots for you. This is running pure ultra 4K LOD200 in a clean community and default A320 and C172. Locations are London City, KJFK, Atlanta and KLAX. As I said it seems heavier when standing still. When you start moving frames go up considerably. As you leave the ground frames jump up. But have a look.

Nice, thanks for the screens.

The hunt is on😁

3 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Nice, thanks for the screens.

The hunt is on😁

I hope you’ll find both the proc and the performance with it as I did. Mileage may vary in different systems so I tried to show you a stock install and default aircraft so you could give it a try and measure the gain.

• Like 1

So, this or a 12700K for MSFS? I would be coming from a 7700K overclocked to an inch of its life to keep up so it would be a new platform for me either way.

Edited by Makinen11

57 minutes ago, Makinen11 said:

So, this or a 12700K for MSFS? I would be coming from a 7700K overclocked to an inch of its life to keep up so it would be a new platform for me either way.

Personally I would wait for the new AMD ryzen platform to drop later this year. the 5800x3d is the last cpu on the am4 platform, you wont be able to upgrade again. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080