Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

Just checking the manual and it appears the C310 will be using the same default Asobo KAP140 AP as the Porter. That is disappointing to say the very least.

Edited by Matchstick

10 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

OK, so not exactly what you said but, ok. Regardless, it could have been ignored amongst the pages and pages of sycophancy here instead of responded to with what comes across to some as a cheap sideswipe at a fellow developer. Lets hope it is a flawless delivery after all this! 

Edited by 6297J
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 6297J said:

OK, so not exactly what you said but, ok. Regardless, it could have been ignored amongst the pages and pages of sycophancy here instead of responded to with what comes across to some as a cheap sideswipe at a fellow developer. Lets hope it is a flawless delivery after all this! 

I concur.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

27 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

will this airplane be usable in VR?

I have used it in VR and love the experience. Like all other MSFS airplanes that I know, it does not have specific VR controls, but it works well with my Quest 2 controllers and mouse. VR, owned mode, with Vatsim, PilotEdge, or Pilot2ATC, gives you an experience second to none.

1 hour ago, Romeo_Tango said:

will this airplane be usable in VR?

Every aircraft since release has worked in VR for me, even with the initial "not compatible with vr touch controls" warning everything still works with them for the most part in every aircraft i've tried.

Some buttons, switches and knobs just may be a little more tedious to access and control than others with the VR controllers.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Just checking the manual and it appears the C310 will be using the same default Asobo KAP140 AP as the Porter. That is disappointing to say the very least.

They are considering a custom version, but it's not a promise. Then why mention it. 😀

The default AP is one of those areas that has given MSFS users the most grief since the release of the new sim. Plus, we have to hope that the next WU doesn't brake the add-on.

Let's not forget that this sim is still a WIP.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Am Not sure.....Watch this first.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

They are considering a custom version, but it's not a promise. Then why mention it. 😀

The default AP is one of those areas that has given MSFS users the most grief since the release of the new sim. Plus, we have to hope that the next WU doesn't brake the add-on.

Let's not forget that this sim is still a WIP.

In the past systems modelling has been something Milviz have excelled at - their XP C310 for example is exemplary in this respect so it is deeply disappointing to see them ship with default systems that just aren't very good.

Hopefully this time they'll have remembered to turn off VNAV mode in the default AP unlike their Porter.

35 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

In the past systems modelling has been something Milviz have excelled at - their XP C310 for example is exemplary in this respect so it is deeply disappointing to see them ship with default systems that just aren't very good.

Hopefully this time they'll have remembered to turn off VNAV mode in the default AP unlike their Porter.

I was surprised as well that the nav systems aren't modelled by Milviz themselves when I started beta-testing the 310R. However, it actually was a very good decision. There are excellent freeware versions of Garmin GPS systems available and can be used in the 310R virtual cockpit. In addition, you can use the default Asobo AP and radio stack if you like to fly without GPS. Sure, the latter isn't perfect, but it may be improved in the future and is functional enough.

The best about the decision to use Asobo and third-party nav systems is that it gave Milviz more time to optimize the flight dynamics and add features like state-saving. The real-world 310 pilots on the beta team really like the result, and it took a lot of time to get it as close to the real thing as possible. Having to download a freeware Garmin GPS unit is a small price to pay for getting such a feature-rich GA plane.

Peter

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I was surprised as well that the nav systems aren't modelled by Milviz themselves when I started beta-testing the 310R. However, it actually was a very good decision. There are excellent freeware versions of Garmin GPS systems available and can be used in the 310R virtual cockpit. In addition, you can use the default Asobo AP and radio stack if you like to fly without GPS. Sure, the latter isn't perfect, but it may be improved in the future and is functional enough.

The best about the decision to use Asobo and third-party nav systems is that it gave Milviz more time to optimize the flight dynamics and add features like state-saving. The real-world 310 pilots on the beta team really like the result, and it took a lot of time to get it as close to the real thing as possible. Having to download a freeware Garmin GPS unit is a small price to pay for getting such a feature-rich GA plane.

Peter

I absolutely agree that there are good alternatives for all the Nav suite options but the default Asobo KAP 140 AP is very poor and IMHO shouldn't be being used in this plane.

Edited by Matchstick

8 hours ago, Milviz said:

The 5$ is off is only for people who bought direct from our website in the past.

Pricing will be announced tomorrow....

Got my discount info today.  Mint and thanks so much mate - brilliant.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Still no price yet?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Still no price yet?  

Nothing yet, presumably they are holding that info till the Live Stream and release (Lord alone knows why)

Edited by Matchstick

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Nothing yet, presumably they are holding that info till the Live Stream and release (Lord alone knows why)

Heightens the anticipation. Apparently.