Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

REX AccuSeason

Here’s a novel thought to everyone arguing over the shade of grass (really?? It’s come to this?). There are varying climates and various species of vegetation all around the planet. Winter in Florida looks a lot different from winter in Minnesota in the US for example… I believe accuseason has it built in to be able to change the tree tones depending on these climate zones and times of year so should they be able to implement texture masking (which I am a skeptic that they can), maybe they can do the same for it.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:46 PM, Bones62 said:

@MikeT707 It's been a while since you've had any updates on terrain masks in AccuSeason. Any hope of seeing them? In Australia it was kind of moot, but I've been flying in the UK recently, and they would be welcome.

We apologize as we wanted Terrain Coloring released in late 2022 and we were striving diligently to meet that timeline. However, we have been in the process of creating a completely new feature-rich version of AccuSeason, as well as an accompanying new user-friendly interface. The work to accomplish this very large endeavor requires a significant amount of time and effort and has proven to be extremely complex and time consuming. Unfortunately, we have also been set back in our timelines due to some very serious personal life events that were unexpected and required attention away from our development. With that, I am proud to present on behalf of our team a sampling of what's to come for the new AccuSeason 2023. More information to come, and thank you for your understanding. 

spacer.png

• Like 28

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, timest said:

With that, I am proud to present on behalf of our team a sampling of what's to come for the new AccuSeason 2023. More information to come, and thank you for your understanding. 

Thank you, Tim! Looking forward to the update! Really sorry to hear about the personal issues, hope everything's okay.

Edited by Bones62
  • Like 3

Glad to see you guys are still working on it ! Any previews to share maybe, or is it still too soon ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, timest said:

We apologize as we wanted Terrain Coloring released in late 2022 and we were striving diligently to meet that timeline. However, we have been in the process of creating a completely new feature-rich version of AccuSeason, as well as an accompanying new user-friendly interface. The work to accomplish this very large endeavor requires a significant amount of time and effort and has proven to be extremely complex and time consuming. Unfortunately, we have also been set back in our timelines due to some very serious personal life events that were unexpected and required attention away from our development. With that, I am proud to present on behalf of our team a sampling of what's to come for the new AccuSeason 2023. More information to come, and thank you for your understanding. 

spacer.png

Awesome Tim looking forward to the new improvement's 

• Like 5

On 3/5/2023 at 8:08 PM, Bones62 said:

Thank you, Tim! Looking forward to the update! Really sorry to hear about the personal issues, hope everything's okay.

Thank you @Bones62 @Daube and @yardreamer

I forgot to mention this new version will be a free upgrade for all current users.

• Like 21

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

4 hours ago, timest said:

I forgot to mention this new version will be a free upgrade for all current users.

Thanks for that! Couldn't imagine the sim without AccuSeason and the HD airport textures. They're easy to take for granted because they don't scream at you every time you load the sim, but they really do make a huge difference to the overall immersion and enjoyment.

• Like 6

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

18 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Thanks for that! Couldn't imagine the sim without AccuSeason and the HD airport textures. They're easy to take for granted because they don't scream at you every time you load the sim, but they really do make a huge difference to the overall immersion and enjoyment.

Thank you for your kind words and for your support!

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

On 3/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, timest said:

Thank you @Bones62 @Daube and @yardreamer

Reed, thank you for all of your effort despite the circumstances.  And a free upgrade is welcome, though with all of the excellent products you have provided for many years now, I am prone to purchasing a fresh copy just to say thank you!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 3/5/2023 at 5:44 PM, timest said:

Thanks for the update... what's the ETA on this new version?

• Like 1

Nice!!!

Looking forward to it. Like it since it was released but we'll take more content

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 3/6/2023 at 2:44 AM, timest said:

There you go. Curious about it and thanks for the update

Carsten U

Automation

Is there any chance you could add a flag when called by command line, something like "-autoquit" perhaps, so that when called via scheduler, for example, Accuseason will load, download the data, and then automatically quit?

Currently, when called via scheduler, it automatically downloads latest data, but then remains open, so I have to click OK and then exit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Automation

Is there any chance you could add a flag when called by command line, something like "-autoquit" perhaps, so that when called via scheduler, for example, Accuseason will load, download the data, and then automatically quit?

Currently, when called via scheduler, it automatically downloads latest data, but then remains open, so I have to click OK and then exit.

+1

and is there a way to disable the Sounds? Because i have activated it on Logon and always hear birds chirping 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes there is an option to disable the sound already, I don't remember but it's there because I have disabled it on my computer.

I also would love an option for "autoquit" ! 👍

• Like 1