Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix A320 Release imminent within DAYS!

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

Well whoopie Doo! Did he tell you when we can see a live stream of the A320 or we going to go into the PMDG route. Make people nauseous in anticipation.

I mean, you seem to be a very negative person.  But to put it nicely to you, as multiple other people have told you in this thread and not just me, Fenix has to take the FBW A320 into consideration when they price the Fenix A320.

I don't even know why you think the FBW A320 has nothing to do with the Fenix A320's pricing.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

FWB es muy bueno pero también le queda camino por recorrer. Yo no veo FBW como competencia lo veo como un complemento más para los amantes de Airbus, yo pienso disfrutar de los dos

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Yeah! Incorporated in Devon 🙂

My Ticknor ancestors were from Devon. 😃

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Did he tell you when we can see a live stream of the A320 (...)

He's commented twice now that the plane is very close to release, and that the entire team is heads down ensuring the recent patch didn't break the release build.

Chewwy and other streamers were expecting to start streaming the aircraft two days ago, but never got the go ahead because the team was still going down the checklist when their time to stream came up. That tells us we're, to quote Aamir in the opening post of this thread, days away from streams, not months.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

11 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Well whoopie Doo! Did he tell you when we can see a live stream of the A320 or we going to go into the PMDG route. Make people nauseous in anticipation.

You must of been hell to be with just before Christmas.

• Like 10

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, Aglos77 said:

FWB es muy bueno pero también le queda camino por recorrer. Yo no veo FBW como competencia lo veo como un complemento más para los amantes de Airbus, yo pienso disfrutar de los dos

I mean, now that the long-expected PMDG 737 which was supposed to elevate MSFS into a “serious flight sim” (tongue-in-cheek) has at last entered the scene, it’s very interesting to compare it against the freeware FBW. Which is of course also relevant to the upcoming Fenix. Having flown the PMDG since release day, I’m even more impressed with how far the FBW team has come. It’s a joy to fly, has a very intuitive and easy to use EFB, immersive sounds overall, cabin crew sounds… I wouldn’t know about the flight model as the closest I’ve been to the 737/320 cockpit is as a front row passenger. But in some ways I find that the FBW is ahead of the PMDG. 

I could add that the FBW also has an excellent simbrief integration. But I won’t, as fellow forum users always come after me for mentioning this 😉

(to be sure I’ll add that yes, I know that WASM currently prohibits PMDG from a better simbrief integration, that it’s not really their fault, that their waiting on Asobo and that it’s not really a huge issue, thank you very much)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

51 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You must of been hell to be with just before Christmas.

I was more like Santa Claus. Gave more than ask for something for free. Just want to see the Fenix in action whats the harm in that?

Edited by jbdbow1970

7 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Just want to see the Fenix in action whats the harm in that?

This would have got a very different reaction to... 'Well whoopie Doo! Did he tell you when we can see a live stream of the A320 or we going to go into the PMDG route. Make people nauseous in anticipation'.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I mean, now that the long-expected PMDG 737 which was supposed to elevate MSFS into a “serious flight sim” (tongue-in-cheek) has at last entered the scene, it’s very interesting to compare it against the freeware FBW. Which is of course also relevant to the upcoming Fenix. Having flown the PMDG since release day, I’m even more impressed with how far the FBW team has come. It’s a joy to fly, has a very intuitive and easy to use EFB, immersive sounds overall, cabin crew sounds… I wouldn’t know about the flight model as the closest I’ve been to the 737/320 cockpit is as a front row passenger. But in some ways I find that the FBW is ahead of the PMDG. 

I could add that the FBW also has an excellent simbrief integration. But I won’t, as fellow forum users always come after me for mentioning this 😉

(to be sure I’ll add that yes, I know that WASM currently prohibits PMDG from a better simbrief integration, that it’s not really their fault, that their waiting on Asobo and that it’s not really a huge issue, thank you very much)

You’re right about just how good the FBW is.

737 is one of my favourite types, so I’ve been flying it a lot this week. But the FBW is a truly impressive plane, whether you compare it to freeware or payware.

I agree about the sounds, the flight model and the EFB.

One thing you forgot to mention is the Simbrief integration. PMDG seems very old school in comparison to the FBW. Sure, it’s not a massive deal to use the Simbrief downloader, but the FBW solution is certainly a little more elegant.

Great to have a 737 and an A320 in the sim now! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

One thing you forgot to mention is the Simbrief integration.

Ah yes, the simbrief integration. Must have missed that. Thanks for the reminder! 😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Here’s the thing I don’t get.  The fbw seems to have wasm code as well, since it takes an age on first load after every update.  Yet the efb and FMS can link to simbrief, so those modules seem to be Java based?  I could see that pmdg might not want to go Java with the FMS, as they could lose fidelity there, but you would think that they could easily get a Java efb going, since the whole point of that device is to interface with various web things.

No problem between the FBW A320 and the Fenix for me , both being different ie Neo and Ceo, I like to replicate flights, so i'll be using both the Fenix version, and FBW, dependant on what's in use on the flight i wish to do.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I am also going to predict that Fenix lowers the price of their A320, to less than that of the PMDG 737, because the FBW A320 is competing against the Fenix A320.  I would be very surprised if Fenix charges more than $69.99 USD for the Fenix A320, despite the fact that the Fenix A320 could be higher in fidelity than the PMDG 737.

Totally agree.  FBW is great fun and does what I want in the sim so far and Fenix will have to bring something even better to the table for me to pay for an A320.  Fancy hydralics and pump mechanics and what not won't cut it unfortunately I'm an A to B man.  I just wanna fly.

• Like 4

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

What the FBW lacks is good performance optimization. I hope the Fenix will be able to deliver on that just like PMDG did.

(Of course I don't have a problem with the FBW since it's free)

Edited by FlyerNYC