Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

Why wasn't this done from the beginning? You would've saved yourself a lot of work in the long run. The way you make it sound, this isn't high on your to-do list, or is it?

Of course my option would be to integrate it seamlessly into MSFS. This is a win win situation for you and your customers. It's worth the extra effort.

This project was started 5 years ago - MSFS wasn't even in plans. All of UI intended for P3D - then MSFS came when most of the things was already implemented and it was necessary to move forward in order to make this project survived.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, espent said:

@FSHud I understand MSFS stops using the content.xml with SU10. Have you received any documentation from Asobo on how FSHud will read scenarios going forward?

It will not work with the current content.xml file, but of course we will look at new format changes.

Edited by FSHud

7 minutes ago, FSHud said:

This project was started 5 years ago - MSFS wasn't even in plans. All of UI intended for P3D - then MSFS came when most of the things was already implemented and it was necessary to move forward in order to make this project survived.

Yes, this was acknowledged a few posts ago by member espent. I hadn't taken into account FShud was developed for another flight sim.

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

Yes, this was acknowledged a few posts ago by member espent. I hadn't taken into account FShud was developed for another flight sim.

I can tell you more - the option to add own items to MSFS menu came even later - at this stage FSHud was deeply in BETA and there was no place to rebuild the panel.
But for now it is something we will take on top priority - many things behave very strange when the panel is not built in - it's not matter of VR but overall user experience.

3 hours ago, airlinejets said:

Yes, Traffic Control for AIG is not needed if you use FShud.

Can you explain?  For example, if you're not using TC for AIG, what is injecting the traffic for FShud to control?  Are you using the regular MSFS offline traffic?

Just now, mikeklimek said:

Can you explain?  For example, if you're not using TC for AIG, what is injecting the traffic for FShud to control?  Are you using the regular MSFS offline traffic?

FSHud itself injects traffic

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Unfortunately we are small fish for Asobo - those things are even not mentioned in their SDK - it's up on our own or reverse engineering.
I can say one thing - when official SU10 would be released and if those things was really be changed - we will have to find some solution according new format - otherwise it would be death end for this project (it will not work anymore for MSFS)

I don't hope so purchased this one for MSFS only and really like it 😇😨

André

Just now, FSHud said:

I can tell you more - the option to add own items to MSFS menu came even later - at this stage FSHud was deeply in BETA and there was no place to rebuild the panel.
But for now it is something we will take on top priority - many things behave very strange when the panel is not built in - it's not matter of VR but overall user experience.

This is great news. The potential of this ATC program is over the top. Integration with MSFS will make FShud a premium addon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

FShud actually injects all the traffic and controls it. To my knowledge, no other program is able to do this.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FSHud said:

It is still not clear - only guess according beta - things can drastically change.
Unfortunately we are small fish for Asobo - those things are even not mentioned in their SDK - it's up on our own or reverse engineering.
I can say one thing - when official SU10 would be released and if those things was really be changed - we will have to find some solution according new format - otherwise it would be death end for this project (it will not work anymore for MSFS)

Oh my... lets hope that doesn't happen...!!! I absolutely love FSHud and already can't imagine not using it...! 🥺

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Oh my... lets hope that doesn't happen...!!! I absolutely love FSHud and already can't imagine not using it...! 🥺

Have the same great product 🙂

• Like 1

André

10 hours ago, FSHud said:

FSHud itself injects traffic

Go AEFS 4... 

FSHud would be great to use there too, and while we wait for ASOBO's SDK to get more welcoming for these type of Apps ...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Never been so sim-happy... MSFS 2020 &  (FSHUD & FSLTL # BATC)

I am following this topic closely and currently using P2ATC. I use about 12 Microsoft voice packs. Is FSHud able to use more voices than it currently does if they are available, much like P2ATC?

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

19 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

I am following this topic closely and currently using P2ATC. I use about 12 Microsoft voice packs. Is FSHud able to use more voices than it currently does if they are available, much like P2ATC?

Not at this moment. I believe the dev said they would look into SAPI voices and if it's doable they would support it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Not at this moment. I believe the dev said they would look into SAPI voices and if it's doable they would support it.

Good to hear. Thanks for that!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |