Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

I can confirm that trees are massive in the cities.

As for mine, Pisa, the tower and the duomo 3d model is honestly awful. it's short, large, deformed. If you compare it to Google Maps, you'll see sadly 😞 oh well.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just installed the update and tried the Discovery flight in Rome.  No idea why my throttles do not give enough power despite same aircraft having worked prior to the update.  Continually lost altitude.  Controls options show axis moving the full range.  Agree with others about tree sizes, they are HUGE - twice the height of most buildings and unnatural looking.

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I’ve had the Steam update, but nothing in the Marketplace so far 😥

trying a re-launch. 

edit I have it👍

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Hi,

What do these World updates cover? As I'm new to MSFS2020? And are they definitely worth installing them all?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Thompson

3 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Well LIRN looks terrible. Photogrammetry comes right up to airport boundary and terrain mesh is a mess. Maybe it is just MS servers being thrashed again because of the number of people online. Not a good first impression. Rwy24 surrounded by cliffs.

Yes. For me too. I have rebuild my content.XML without any positive outcome. Looks terrible. Like the airport has sunken into the terrain

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, 6297J said:

Rome is mainly just a forest.

Didn't believe this at first so I had to go check for myself. And you're absolutely right! What happened? It wasn't like this the last time I visited Rome in the sim - which is quite a while ago I guess. 

Was it like this before the WU? Just can't understand how they let this slip through... It looks nice and lush and green yes, if you fancy that. But you can barely see the buildings for all the trees! Good luck finding the Pantheon now... 😲

I'd get a screenshot of this just to be able to show the madness here. But TBH I've forgotten how to after I uninstalled Geforce Experience...

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Didn't believe this at first so I had to go check for myself. And you're absolutely right! What happened? It wasn't like this the last time I visited Rome in the sim - which is quite a while ago I guess. 

Was it like this before the WU? Just can't understand how they let this slip through... It looks nice and lush and green yes, if you fancy that. But you can barely see the buildings for all the trees! Good luck finding the Pantheon now... 😲

Beta testers must have missed it. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Dino sings about this world update...

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

17 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Yes. For me too. I have rebuild my content.XML without any positive outcome. Looks terrible. Like the airport has sunken into the terrain

have you tried deleting and rebuilding your rolling cache?

27 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So, they've made the sim more like X-Plane? 😈

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

9 minutes ago, DylanM said:

have you tried deleting and rebuilding your rolling cache?

I don’t use the cache. Regardless, I click the delete rolling cache button after each update.  Reboot after each update too. I’m sure if you visit LIRN (Naples) you will see it too.

Plus with all the trees growing like crazy in these photogrammetry cities like Rome, not liking this World update. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

4 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

What is the point of releasing "Development Roadmaps" every week if the information in them is not accurate?  As recently as last Thursday they indicated that the "Local Legend IV" would also be released today.  They have been saying that for weeks. When the day arrives, they tell us that it won't be until Thursday May 19.

Isn't no information better than misinformation?

Asobo Genie's prophesies do not always map the future correctly. 😞

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Beta testers must have missed it. 😉

Do they do beta testing on World Updates?

12 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I don’t use the cache. Regardless, I click the delete rolling cache button after each update.  Reboot after each update too. I’m sure if you visit LIRN (Naples) you will see it too.

Plus with all the trees growing like crazy in these photogrammetry cities like Rome, not liking this World update. 

Flying into LIRN right now in the C 310, from LIRS. Will see how it looks. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Agree with others about tree sizes, they are HUGE - twice the height of most buildings and unnatural looking.

Asobo's contribution to carbon capture initiatives, perhaps?

• Like 3