Sign in to follow this  
haseen

FSLabs and Fenix Sim Airbus A320's.

56 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Are you sure you are? 

46 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Perhaps this is a bad translation of "bus driver", like a real bus? 🙂

Yes, but it's a short bus. And they make him "drive" from the back.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Whew! He’s gone!???😉

• Like 2

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I own both the FSL and the Fenix, and I had my brother (real A320 pilot) test it out thoroughly. He says the Fenix behaves much more closely to the real aircraft. The handling is close to being very true to real life. FSL is good too, but handling and flight dynamics wise Fenix is a better representation of the real thing.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Asus Strix X570-E  |  Ryzen 9 5950X  |  Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC  |  GSkill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 3600  |  Samsung 970 EVO  |  Acer Predator XB271HU  |  Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, asgnp said:

I own both the FSL and the Fenix, and I had my brother (real A320 pilot) test it out thoroughly. He says the Fenix behaves much more closely to the real aircraft. The handling is close to being very true to real life. FSL is good too, but handling and flight dynamics wise Fenix is a better representation of the real thing.

Interesting to hear, and matches all the various other IRL 320 pilots opinions so far on handling and flight dynamics of the Fenix + MSFS. Truly is a remarkable plane offering from Fenix, and also speaks to MSFS' core flight dynamics given how the Fenix is based on that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Interesting to hear, and matches all the various other IRL 320 pilots opinions so far on handling and flight dynamics of the Fenix + MSFS. Truly is a remarkable plane offering from Fenix, and also speaks to MSFS' core flight dynamics given how the Fenix is based on that.

I have yet to see a Youtube video with a real A 320 pilot, where the pilot  doesn't like the way the Fenix handles. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

Whew! He’s gone!???😉

give a day or so till the next post on performance of the  fenix 🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Fenix looks good, but that's it. It does not beat FSLabs simulation- wise in any way and probably never will. FSLabs its worth every penny. I have the Fenix but something is really off about it. FSLabs is far more serious, far from being a MSFS toy.

2 hours ago, Vasgr said:

Fenix looks good, but that's it. It does not beat FSLabs simulation- wise in any way and probably never will. FSLabs its worth every penny. I have the Fenix but something is really off about it. FSLabs is far more serious, far from being a MSFS toy.

Not in any way? It already beats it in regards to failures (amount and interaction between multiple failures), which is a testament to the deeper systems in the Fenix (multiple failures often don't interact realistically together on the FSL, because some systems are still boolean). Now if that is a "toy", what is the FSL in that regard?
Also it beats the FSL in regards to some things like step climbs or offsets (at least that wasn't there the last time I used the FSL).

Now the FSL is clearly superior in certain aspects like fonts and flight performance, but those things can be improved over time on the Fenix (like the custom engine modelling they are doing right now), while the FSL will surely not get their failures expanded anymore. So the Fenix is more likely to catch up to the FSL than the other way around. That's why I would bet my money on the Fenix.
But let's be honest, no one has to make this decision, because it entirely depends upon whether people have switched over to MSFS (like I did) or not.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Vasgr said:

Interesting that you created a new account and this is the very first post of your account. It's almost like you made a new account to troll here.

But in any case, I will give you the benefit of doubt, that you are not trolling.  I would like to see a list of failures for the FSLabs A320.  I have not seen such a list yet.

But Fenix issued a list of their over 200+ failures last year: https://soarbywire.files.wordpress.com/2021/08/failurelist-v0.2.pdf. The final version of the Fenix A320 may be simulating more failures than this list from last year.

Still waiting for a list of the FSLabs A320 failures.  Nobody has provided such a list, which to me, says the FSLabs A320 probably doesn't simulate as many failures as the Fenix A320.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I would rather like a constructive list of those differences that can be better in Fslab than in the Fenix. 1st I am curious about those things because only A320 experienced pilot can understand such differences I guess, and I am not one but want to know.

Secondly, it may help Fenix to improve their A320.

Pierre

43 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Secondly, it may help Fenix to improve their A320.

I just wish they would push the update out.  how long as it been out now. ? 

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, Vasgr said:

I have the Fenix but something is really off about it.

Could you possibly elaborate a bit? "something is off" doesn't really give us much to go by ...

6 hours ago, Vasgr said:

FSLabs is far more serious, far from being a MSFS toy.

So - in your opinion - the Fenix A320 is "a MSFS toy"?  

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I don't know why you guys feed the troll - He created an account to make one post to simply try and stir up more THIS vs THAT debate. His second post will no doubt be comparing P3D to MSFS. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

7 hours ago, Vasgr said:

Don’t troll. It indicates a lack of confidence, or worse…

-B

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vasgr said:

A toy? That’s interesting, someone else used these words recently on this forum. By the way I would advice against the use of psychedelic drugs whilst simming as it can seriously alter your perception of reality.

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”