Sign in to follow this  
woodstock327

SimBrief... thanks!!!

Just noticed this in the new beta from today...

Freaking awesome Dave, thank you for adding this functionality!!! This will make everything so much easier...

• Like 4

Thank you very much Dave for implementing this feature. I have tried to import a flight plan, but I see that the flight level and cruising speed do not match that generated by Simbrief. There is an error, must this data be entered by hand?

Thanks a lot

5 hours ago, krakosia said:

Thank you very much Dave for implementing this feature. I have tried to import a flight plan, but I see that the flight level and cruising speed do not match that generated by Simbrief. There is an error, must this data be entered by hand?

Thanks a lot

Ah yes, I forgot about this... I saw the same, my SB plan was filed with FL270, and P2A imported as FL290 (which I didn't realize until much later).

Regarding the cruise speed, I'm not sure if the Simbrief export even contains that info (and it really depends on which aircraft you are flying), so I assume this will always require a manual input

Yes thank you Dave...great first release of this feature...such an improvement in user experience. Hopefully CRZ FL and other fields can be imported in future iterations!

• Like 2

Hi Dave

Regarding the latest Beta version (Simbrief import), when I enter my Pilot ID into the file import box, I am receiving the message "File not found"

I am running P2ATC over a network.

Normally when importing a flight plan I point the dialogue to the "Local State" folder on the main MS computer.

Where should I be pointing the  import file dialogue to?

Am I missing something obvious here?

Many thanks

Alastair

Alastair,

The new SimBrief Import function is accessed via the FP Import button.  There are no local PC files involved at all.

You must create a flight plan on SimBrief's web site and press the Generate button on that web site.

Then, you enter your SimBrief Pilot ID on the FP Import panel and press the Import SimBrief button.  P2A then reads the generated flight plan from the SimBrief web site.

Dave

Hi Dave

My mistake :sad:

I was attempting to import my flight plan via the "Impt" (import) tab on the lower right hand side of the main screen.

All working fine, now.

Thanks for adding this feature.

Alastair

Great feature, Dave - thanks very much for this.

As others have said, though, at the moment it doesn't seem to be pulling the flight levels through correctly from Simbrief. Looks like it is calculating its own based on assumed climb/descent rates and speed?

• Like 1

This is great news. Thanks Dave!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The next beta will pull the assigned Cruise altitude and will use the TAS for GS.  If the altitude violates any restrictions, you'll get a notice and it will be adjusted in most cases.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 3

Meant to send you an e-mail @Dave-Pilot2ATC but this thread just reminded me.

The last few updates have been rock solid! (after fixing the random freeze) and these new features are amazing.

Always appreciate you growing the product and the incredible support!

Dave, I want to add my thanks for the SimBrief integration. Makes flight planning easier and maintains consistency with my other SimBrief imports.

Richard

Dave is it possible you implement in next update to import the cruise altitute of simbrief too? thanks 

6 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The next beta will pull the assigned Cruise altitude and will use the TAS for GS.  If the altitude violates any restrictions, you'll get a notice and it will be adjusted in most cases.

Dave

• Like 2