Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

First look PMDG 737 update

54 minutes ago, VBHB said:

I'll use my PMDG credit when there's something worth using it on.

Thanks for letting us know.

Wait, how is this related to the subject of this thread about the 737 update? 🤔

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

17 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I already did thank them 3 times, others did so 5 times. How often did you thank them?

Quite a lot mate, quite a lot.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Vandals are trying to ruin the Sistine Chapel of Randazzo, so PMDG have now taken it to Google to remove these cockpit texture mod abominations

spacer.png

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Vandals are trying to ruin the Sistine Chapel of Randazzo, so PMDG have now taken it to Google to remove these cockpit texture mod abominations

spacer.png

Kind of pointless getting into a game of whack a mole.  These textures will find a way to be available to those that want them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Kind of pointless getting into a game of whack a mole.  These textures will find a way to be available to those that want them.

They did it with the p3d cockpit mods as well, seems odd that they go so mental over cockpit mods tbh.

Sure that their reasons make sense to them.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 6/21/2022 at 2:53 PM, MarkW said:

There is sim life and real life.  Its like the real 737 pilot on YouTube that says his airline requires the route to be manually entered into the FMC...no Simbrief (or real world equivalent) integration there.

and in real life the 737 pilot only gets to fly to a limited set of destinations in his/her career. In simlife the virtual 737 pilot can choose any destination on the planet.

and about 5 years ago all simmers were raving about aerosoft's professional flight planner X and its seemless integration with FSX/P3D. Now it's all about simbrief doing a similar thing i suppose.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

3 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

spacer.png

how stupid can a company be. srsly thats beyond brain dead

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Lukas Dalton

The issue with the mods is that PMDG ask people in their EULA to contact them first for permission before publicly distributing files which are still the property of the developer. They are not forbidding modding itself, at least according to what Randazzo recently said on their forums. That's different from liveries because there is a dedicated paint kit including the respective rights publicly available.

I don't know why they make this distinction between livery and cockpit textures with regards to permission; I'd rather they be less stringent on this and I use a cockpit mod for the 737 myself. Given however that in the end people are allowed to mod with their permission and just have to contact them first before uploading I find this to be needlessly dramatized by the community, but I guess that's nothing out of the ordinary. I guess modders (not all btw) didn't read the EULA because it's not common for a developer to take this stance and even take action to enforce that part of the EULA, but I'm not going to blame the developer for wanting to get a look at the mod first before someone alters and publishes proprietary files, irrespective of whether it's irritating or not.

• Like 6

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Hopefully, some modder will provide us with high resolution textures to replace the abysmal texture work on the 737.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Hopefully, some modder will provide us with high resolution textures to replace the abysmal texture work on the 737.

Provide us? Have you purchased it now then?

G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

OMG, you're kidding, no?  I haven't purchased the PMDG 737 and was waiting til the 800 arrives.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

OMG, you're kidding, no?  I haven't purchased the PMDG 737 and was waiting til the 800 arrives.

Been flying it solidly since it came out, not noticed any poor textures yet.

Looks great to me night & day.... although I benefit from actually owning it, rather than not owning it and complaining about it.

G

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

this is absurd hyperbole if i've ever heard it. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

If you're planning on spending your days in the gear bay or seat 23C you probably want to wait until PMDG update these. If you actually want to fly the plane though, there's nothing stopping you.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

49 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The winning post of this bleeping thread. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS