Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

First look PMDG 737 update

23 minutes ago, danielwilliam said:

Cut the "old men" word not allowed.

Let's just face reality, I say.

• Upvote 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

2 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I just dont get it, simbrief integration works great on my end, and both on my 4k display and in vr the textures all look fantastic.  There is nothing low res that i have noticed in normal use of the plane

He wouldn't know either way, since he has said he didn't buy it.

My Flightplans come straight in from SB no issue whatsoever. Textures are great, although now I definitely enjoy night/dawn flying when it looks spectacular.

Even if it was a straight portover I would be happy with it, since I love the NGx in P3D. 

Pretty sure PMDG were clear about features coming to it, so guess we'll see in the fullness of time if the EFB & LNAV2 turn up. But until then I'm happy flying the hell out of it as my goto freighter, anything else they add is a bonus for me - but I certainly haven't felt the need to fire up p3d due to any inadequacies in the FS version.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

8 hours ago, rjquick said:

So, you want PMDG to add something to the 737 NG that doesn't actually exist in the real plane for a 'wow' effect? What do you expect them to add? The cockpit is already customizable with the many different options available for the 737.

Are there more options in the 737 NG cockpit that people know about that PMDG is holding back on? If so, I haven't heard the 737 real world pilots mentioning them. IDK, maybe there is. Some examples would be helpful.

How about reading the posts you quote? The answers are already there.

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

He wouldn't know either way, since he has said he didn't buy it.

agree like  other other  threads  about  addons  that users  havnt  bought  go  on  and  complain

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Aaaah what a refreshing morning with reading this thread. I had a hearty laugh already but too early for popcorn with the morning coffee 😄

Actually I wasn't sure what to fly this morning so this thread got me back in the 737 cockpit and enjoying a flight in Middle America right now. Usually my 146 getting more flying time than the 320 and 737.

Some thoughts on my side and very subjective for sure...

Do I like the 737-700 in its current state? Sure. Its a solid addon.
Is it perfect? Na, beeing quite a bit away from that but thats simply no addon I know and own.
Is it innovative? Na, but as said before its solid and its a 737. The plane itself is an old design and its a workhorse.
Simbrief. Yes working fine with one click more than others. Sure there are things that could be better or easier to use like importing weights and fuel but lets see what the EFB will come up with.
Leading directly to EFB. Do I miss it? Somehow. Do I need it atm to do my flying? No.
LNAV. Yeah, old design and long promised. Does it overshoot on narrow departures and approaches and miss some other stuff? Yes. Does it prevent me from flying? No.
Cockpit animations. I even did not notice before cause me looking mostly more up and out than down... yokes always hidden and I listen to trim and not watching. If they update fine.
Will I buy another version? No way. I follow free will and fly my 700 wherever and whenever I want in my own colors. I honestly don't get this real world operator route stuff thingy!?
And therefore I'm quite happy with the one time price I had to pay. 737 version collectors will not agree on that one and I can heartly understand.
What about this "Rampaging Randazzo" guy? Not my style but the sim world would be a lot less funny place without him.
What about this schedule, timing and promises thing? Hey, I'm customer of pmdg since early 2000. I know what to expect as it was never different.

I could go on for some time but looks like have to prepare for descent. Passing Popocatéptl at FL370 as I type...

unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

More flying, less endless discussing!

Cheers

T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 17

Funny how it seems to be mostly P3D users who haven't invested in the 737 in MSFS which BTW was free if you bought the NGXu telling MSFS users how they shouldn't be enjoying it and all the things PMDG has done wrong.  MSFS users seem to be enjoying it and as such are being told that their standards have dropped and questioned as to why they even purchased it or how they can be enjoying it.  Then there are the personal flame wars against RSR.  Then you have the comparisons to Fenix because it has an EFB, simbrief and better textures in spots which to call a spade a spade and nothing away from Fenix is not apples to apples as they used an existing platform for the systems and logic.  

I don't understand, I really honestly don't.  Actually I do, it's users who have been enjoying the 737 in P3d for years but wanted their updates first and are upset PMDG moved to MSFS before implementing them in P3D which would have provided no additional revenue stream to allow for anything else.  So they did the "business" move of following the revenue which subsequently may even allow them to re-address P3D.  The fact is without MSFS all of these developers would be without a revenue stream right now!  No one is buying another 737 for P3D!!  People need to ground themselves in reality not emotion.

I also don't understand how the personal vendetta against RSR is allowed to go on.   I tend to feel if people from FSLabs were being slagged BY NAME personally and repeatedly the moderators would have shut it down by now.  I'm baffled the clearly personal attacks are allowed to continue.  Then the same people who call him names and slag him off get bent out of shape when he responds rather pointedly in the PMDG forums.

Well perhaps, maybe just maybe he's been over here reading what's been allowed to be written about him repeatedly and had enough... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

39 minutes ago, psolk said:

the personal vendetta against RSR

the three points I made above:

1. No proper simbrief integration (compared to, say, the freeware 787 mod)
2. Lowrez textures (look at the texture work on the wheel wells and on the galley in the cabin)
3. No EFB (compared to, say, the freeware FbW mod for the default A320)

are in no way a "personal vendetta". Rather, they are simply factual observations.

Now, I'm perfectly fine with someone saying: I don't care about these things! but this has nothing to do with "personal vendettas". It's business.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, psolk said:

I'm baffled the clearly personal attacks are allowed to continue.

Of course the attacks turn personal.

I mean, some PMDG guy was trying to check the personal government issued ID of a forum user to confirm if his name checks out. 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

2. Lowrez textures (look at the texture work on the wheel wells and on the galley in the cabin)

are in no way a "personal vendetta". Rather, they are simply factual observations.

Now, I'm perfectly fine with someone saying: I don't care about these things! but this has nothing to do with "personal vendettas". It's business.

The criticism of the product and the personal vendetta were called out as separate points.   

I personally don't actually care about the things you mentioned, I personally find cabin and wheel textures trivial, simbrief works fine for me the same way I used it in P3D and while I would "like" and EFB there are a LOT of real world 737's that have been flying without them for quite some time and still do...  For me it's nice but not essential and the layers of detail within the FMC of the 737 are still keeping me occupied.  

As for @F737MAX good for reddit.  This isn't reddit it's Avsim.  What are you linking every negative comment in the /flightsim section of reddit to Avsim now?  Most of those are useless pointless comments not even worthwhile topics.  Wow, someone put a meme of PMDG on /reddit.  Not worth my time personally but thanks for linking them all here, my comments were pertinent to Avsim not /reddit

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

58 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I understand that these points are important to some people. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to comment about this like 10 times in the same thread. If I cared about these issues, I'd comment maybe once or twice (on the forum, not per thread, and maybe when someone asks for buying advice), and then decide that it's not for me. Maybe at some point in the future, after a handful of updates, I might reevaluate whether or not it meets my personal requirements, but up to that point I couldn't care less...

Why do people spend so much time on threads about an aircraft they're not interested in, just to repeat over and over again what they don't like about it? 

The internet is a strange place 😉 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

If I were PMDG, the only question I would ask myself is:

Why does my company generate so much vitriol?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

If I were PMDG, the only question I would ask myself is:

Why does my company generate so much vitriol?

Does it? I see many users satisfied with a good (but certainly not perfect) product. As others have mentioned, there are various issues that definitely need some work, but still it's among the best add-ons for MSFS.

I for one ask myself: why do certain Avsim users generate so much vitriol? Why don't they get tired or bored? 

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 hours ago, psolk said:

Funny how it seems to be mostly P3D users who haven't invested in the 737 in MSFS which BTW was free if you bought the NGXu telling MSFS users how they shouldn't be enjoying it and all the things PMDG has done wrong.  MSFS users seem to be enjoying it and as such are being told that their standards have dropped and questioned as to why they even purchased it or how they can be enjoying it.  Then there are the personal flame wars against RSR.  Then you have the comparisons to Fenix because it has an EFB, simbrief and better textures in spots which to call a spade a spade and nothing away from Fenix is not apples to apples as they used an existing platform for the systems and logic.  

I don't understand, I really honestly don't.  Actually I do, it's users who have been enjoying the 737 in P3d for years but wanted their updates first and are upset PMDG moved to MSFS before implementing them in P3D which would have provided no additional revenue stream to allow for anything else.  So they did the "business" move of following the revenue which subsequently may even allow them to re-address P3D.  The fact is without MSFS all of these developers would be without a revenue stream right now!  No one is buying another 737 for P3D!!  People need to ground themselves in reality not emotion.

Exactly this 🙂 ... Almost feels like every PMDG thread seems like a release valve for these ex/current P3D users and/or RSR haters to vent and rage on, as that seems to somehow comfort them lol. A portion of reddit has always been anti-PMDG and recently blew up again and became an overblown circlej**k of hating over the takedown of some freeware texture mods. Given that all this has apparently gone on for years, I don't think PMDG and RSR really care about these vocal minorities, not especially when they're busy counting the incoming flood of revenue from a hugely expanded base of customers.

Now some here keep insisting they have valid reasons to be angry since PMDG released the -700 without some of the new features, even as PMDG explicitly said that those features will only come later... so then why get angry about that?, is it not a matter of just waiting until those features come for free if they really deem those features vital? Would they have been equally angry if PMDG had done the first release of the 737 in around 2-3 months? or would they have raged about how they're delaying too much?

For those who keep insisting that PMDG just releases more of the same, well like I keep saying, to be able to even fly a 737 equivalent to the fidelity at which it was available in P3D, with much better exterior/interior visuals, in a sim like MSFS with vastly superior world visuals, is a significant thing. If the lack of an EFB or LNAV 2.0 so vastly deteriorates that experience for you, then just muster up some patience and wait until those features come, what's the problem with that? Oh, unless you are part of this group that waits for any chance to vent on PMDG 🙂

It is all becoming curiously entertaining to watch I must admit.
I do wonder what they'll all vent and rage about when all the "new" features are released in around 1-2 months (LNAV 2.0, new EFB with simbrief/navigraph integrations, interior texture/modelling to MSFS standards, weather depiction via new SU10 APIs, etc). And by the time the 777/747 come out those birds should have all this new stuff. Well, I'm sure they'll find new reasons or focus purely on RSR's personality/verbosity or PMDG's forum moderation, or whatever else they can grasp on to continue the outrage cycle 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD