Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

First look PMDG 737 update

anyway, at least an update. compared to those for the CRJ or Twotter they are fast 😉

• Like 5

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I was hopping for EFB

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I was hopping for EFB

I predict the following from RSR: 

"We wanted to release the EFB but we have an issue in the sim and we are waiting for our friends at Asobo to fix this issue....Just because we are lazy and waiting for Asobo to fix our issues 😛

• Like 18
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

"We wanted to release the EFB but we have an issue in the sim and we are waiting for our friends at Asobo to fix this issue....Just because we are lazy and waiting for Asobo to fix our issues 😛

What's your agenda with this statement?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Just to add context to this, this is Emi (737 IRL pilot who beta tests for them) providing a preview video of the upcoming update, about which he posted here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/199069-pmdg-737-new-update-first-look-preview

And this update only has animations and other flight deck visual fidelity improvements (which required code changes that are more than just visual fixes) as clearly stated here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/199069-pmdg-737-new-update-first-look-preview
"This update cycle has a number of of fixes/tweaks and new capabilities added to it, but most of them are really small functionality items. The larger focus has been on continued upgrades to targeted areas of the flight deck visual fidelity and improvements in animation algorithms that have proven problematic for many users in the form of "hitchy" or "granular" or "low fps" animations in things like the yoke, column, throttles, etc.
We are happy to report that we have made really good progress toward smoothing these things out. To give credit where it is due- a couple members of the user community made observations about the "low fps" that got the investigative progress going in the right direction- and we found that animations tied to complex systems where we intentionally limit the computation speed in order to avoid flooding the processor with floating point computations is where things break down. So a reimagining of some key areas related to the measurement and passing of time and processor cycles was called for- and this is miserably complex work that is taking a bit longer than we had planned.
"

Also as stated there, the EFB is continuing to make good progress and will show up likely after the -600 and before the -800 or with the -800 (again also as they clearly stated before the -700 release):
"PMDG Universal Flight Tablet:
Work continues here. This week we are integrating navigraph charts, and also refining simbrief functionality. It is still too early to predict when this will slot into the 737 release cycle, but the team working on this aspect of the airplane is motivated and making incredibly good progress. I suspect holding off on this technology piece until after release of the 700 has given them a chance to really refine what it is we are accomplishing with this piece of the product line- and it is shaping up to be something truly wonderful.
Far nicer than the clunky first generation EFB we modeled in the NGXu.
rolleyes.png"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

13 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

What's your agenda with this statement?

no agenda

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I was hopping for EFB

If you had followed their release schedule announcements of the last months a bit closer, you'd have had no such hope. 

The EFB was never planned to be released this early. They always said: Around the time of the 800 release, maybe before it, or with it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Smooth animations in a VC IN 2022.

I’m so excited. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’m so excited. 

PMDG simply - professional service..🤣

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’m so excited. 

Yep... just another 737 we've flown since FSX.... just prettier. And we all just sit around and go "wow thanks heaps for that better spinning trim wheel you're the best!!! yay!!! thanks PMDG!!!"

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

now take that key message and elaborate it on 3 pages of text to generate another wall of words 🙂

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

26 minutes ago, molleh said:

pmdg bad!

am i doing it right, guys?

🙄

It's a pretty half hearted effort, you really need to criticize everything they do and compare RSR to the spawn of the devil.

1/10

Try harder next time 😉

G

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron