Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

12 hours ago, MDFlier said:

This is a real PIA when stepping through your flight plan on the MCDU. Every 4th or 5th waypoint, you've got to remember to "twitch" the mouse so it doesn't go to sleep on you. I hate this!

I have tried using a small app called Mouse Jiggler to solve this:

https://github.com/arkane-systems/mousejiggler

It is a very light app that you set and forget. It does require .NET framework to work and will guide you through that if you don't have it installed.

I found that setting it to 3 sec will avoid the mouse pointer sleeping in MSFS.

jigg.png

You have to live with the mouse moving one pixel every 3 sec, so that could be a Con for some people. Mouse Jiggler have a "Zen" mode that makes the mouse movement invisible, but that does not work in MSFS. 

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

The AMD sharpening is far superior. The Nvidia control panel sharpens everything on the screen. So it's easy to oversharpen and make things worse. By contrast, the AMD sharpening in SU10 selectively sharpens the scene on a pixel-by-pixel basis. So you get a sharpened flight sim that looks smooth and even and realistic. 

Whaaaaat?  I never tried this because I assumed it was only for AMD.  I must give it a go.  Thanks for the heads-up!  

I wonder if it corresponds to the new sharpening line in the user.cfg?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

OK 200 is a little too unrealistically sharp for me, especially in the mid to far distance. The world just does not look that crisp in reality. I'm happy with the default 100. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

To the people testing the SU10 beta: There is a known issue ( a longer time now ) with the exe.xml file not starting progis from the start of MSFS, programs like for examle Aerosoft VDGS driver and Honeycomb AFC_Bridge, and more are not autostart as they normaly should - is this fixed with SU10 ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

They so hope XP-12 becomes the unequivocal winner between the two platforms.  Unfortunately by the time it finally releases MSFS will leapfrog it yet again.  Oh, but I forgot they have puddles on the tarmac which proves beyond a doubt it's the superior "simulator".  The sad part is their dedication to "Identity Flight Simming" prevents many from even trying MSFS and instead of seeing for themselves they get their fuel to cement their steadfast commitment to XP from reading negative comments here and elsewhere.  Sparky is the worst of them he spews outright BS regularly and drags along the others without a mind of their own stuck in XP land.  It's their loss quite clearly.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

48 minutes ago, Noel said:

They so hope XP-12 becomes the unequivocal winner between the two platforms.  Unfortunately by the time it finally releases MSFS will leapfrog it yet again.  Oh, but I forgot they have puddles on the tarmac which proves beyond a doubt it's the superior "simulator".  The sad part is their dedication to "Identity Flight Simming" prevents many from even trying MSFS and instead of seeing for themselves they get their fuel to cement their steadfast commitment to XP from reading negative comments here and elsewhere.  Sparky is the worst of them he spews outright BS regularly and drags along the others without a mind of their own stuck in XP land.  It's their loss quite clearly.

The sad part is, they actually have copium when MSFS improves and gets better.  Like isn't it a benefit to the flight sim community when a specific flight sim gets better, because it incentivizes the competition to also get better?

I am on the record over the last year or two years, as saying I think MSFS will overtake the home flight simulator market and thump the competition (perhaps MSFS has already done this), because that's just what I forecast when I analyze the market situation.  This is the business analyst in me, and I don't see it any other way, since the technology in MSFS is so far ahead of the competition.  However, as a flight simmer, rather than a business analyst, I am encouraged when the competition improves.  

I am on record for saying that I am genuinely interested in XP 12, especially the improvement in the graphics in XP 12 over XP 11.  Despite the fact that I dislike Austin's personality, I am still excited to see XP 12 improve, which I think is a net benefit to the flight sim community.

XP improving, P3D improving, is a net improvement to the flight sim community, and that's a good thing.  But to have that type of copium where it looks like they are angry that MSFS is improving, it's just embarrassing, IMO.

SU 10 is another improvement to MSFS and you can see the copium is getting unbearable with those other posters.  SMH.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Sparky is the worst of them he spews outright BS regularly and drags along the others without a mind of their own stuck in XP land.  It's their loss quite clearly.

I've read through this nonsense this morning and found it very entertaining actually. 😄

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

To the people testing the SU10 beta: There is a known issue ( a longer time now ) with the exe.xml file not starting progis from the start of MSFS, programs like for examle Aerosoft VDGS driver and Honeycomb AFC_Bridge, and more are not autostart as they normaly should - is this fixed with SU10 ?

cheers 😉

Not fixed, unfortunately.
I use SPLAT, which is an old but smart and easy tool that launches all programs in sequence from a single shortcut on your desktop/toolbar.

You can find it here:
https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/download/splat/
As you can see, all MSFS related progs can be started from the created shortcut and you can even delay some of them as you wish.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

13 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Not fixed, unfortunately.
I use SPLAT, which is an old but smart and easy tool that launches all programs in sequence from a single shortcut on your desktop/toolbar.

You can find it here:
https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/download/splat/
As you can see, all MSFS related progs can be started from the created shortcut and you can even delay some of them as you wish.

spacer.png

Thank you, i would have a look..

To bad they didn't fix that so maybe with another update.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 7/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, Blind Pilot said:

Ron Kolesar

You may wish to edit your post to remove/redact your e-mail address (if you are within the permitted time window). I strongly advise against publishing your e-mail address as plain text on publicly accessible internet as it will be quickly harvested by spambots. It is also open for all other kinds of abuse, since it probably forms the username for a lot of your online accounts.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

You may wish to edit your post to remove/redact your e-mail address

best to send him a p.m. in case he doesn't read this?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Thank you very much @David Roch for the link to SPLAT.

Never again will I forget to run ACARS before a vitrual airline flight and be spitting feathers 2 hours later! 🤣👍

My pleasure! 🙂
Enjoy!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

9 minutes ago, Vel said:

Thank you very much @David Roch for the link to SPLAT.

Never again will I forget to run ACARS before a vitrual airline flight and be spitting feathers 2 hours later! 🤣👍

If you have Addons Linker it has an option to run any program when you start MSFS. In Tools > Options > Additional options 

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

am on record for saying that I am genuinely interested in XP 12, especially the improvement in the graphics in XP 12 over XP 11.  Despite the fact that I dislike Austin's personality, I am still excited to see XP 12 improve, which I think is a net benefit to the flight sim community.

Absolutely, we all benefit.  I would not hesitate to move to XP 12, but only if MSFS fails to progress, and that is nowhere in sight.  Plus, I brought this point up in the Rabid Dog Kennel forum some time ago that who knows XP may fold some day due to whatever, as may MSFS, so it behooves all of us who love the hobby to have mature options should this happen.

And I am going to go on record to describe what a freaking amazing flight I had this morning, in a bloody default B78X HD modded thanks HD, flying from CYVR to CYYC.  The sunrise over the Canadian Rockies was flat out jaw-dropping for miles upon miles.  I swear lighting, sharpness, weather was just outstanding in every way and a gorgeous landing at the end.  I scored 100% on this flight in A Pilot's Life v2 which though can be very tedious in the pace of progress which effectively can severely limit the numbers of routes your airline schedules so you fly the same routes over and over which really is tedium in the wonderful wide world we have to play in in MSFS.  Very fortunately there is a handy workaround until I can get into one of the 5 Star airlines which typically affords maximum variety of routes.  Even though I've been rejected by AA, UAL and even 3 Star SkyWest 2 times now I discovered as long as I own the specific airplane license the airlines will include these planes in my active schedule so I have a larger number of unique routes in Air Canada where I am employed now which helps greatly.

Anyway obviously just rambling over a cup of coffee after a brisk walk.  Now back to you know where 😁

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X