Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Yes, the servers people connects to are not our servers.

you’ve said this before,

the point is - the servers in question are the servers that you have used to deploy your very own software,

so essentially they are the very servers that you actually use…

sheesh!

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Is it? How many years are you in business now? Unbelievable to still hear such bold statements from experienced devs... 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/623111-getting-ctd-recently-more-often/

here you go  some  of  these  users  havnt  got gsx  and  having  ctd

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, F1Fan said:

What is the saying?....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Probably a bit unfair on @David Mills there.

His 'summary' was a little direct and maybe slightly harsh in its wording but if he paid $30 for a piece of software that has glaring issues and can't even post a comment or question on the FSDreamteam's forums, then I understand he is a tad annoyed.

I increasingly notice that some people on here seem to think it's completely fine for developers to release broken or unfinished addons and no one should be bothered. I believe Umberto will be working hard to fix all the issues but at the same time this doesn't justfiy so many issues people are having some of which do indicate that the addon could have done with a lot more polish before release. It can be a hard life being in business and if you are taking peoples money and things don't go right, you have to be able to take the good with the bad. Consumers are not a charity and people expect things to work as described. As I said before, money doesn't grow on trees for everyone, like it seems to for a minority on here who appear to have no issues spending $30 on something not working correctly. That's well and good for them, but be understanding to others.

I think the expression 'if you don't have any good to say, then don't say anything at all' can be a very true and good statement in life, but not when you have paid for something that doesn't work how it should.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Here's a summary of David Mills statement:

- False information 

- More false information 

Edited by garlicbread11

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/623111-getting-ctd-recently-more-often/

here you go  some  of  these  users  havnt  got gsx  and  having  ctd

So what? If none of the userbase uses the software 100% identical, chances are huge that also not 100% experience the same CTD. Even if it might be technically correct that all users would be affected, it is so far off reality, it should not anymore be mentioned...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

respected dev

first of all for amaz pro, after reading so much negative remark i bought the gsx pro for msfs steam ver because the product has just been release which is more prone to bugs, which will be shorted out one by one for which they need time.

my problem is my log in account is pending for verification in http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ which is ridicules beacuse i am not able to reg my problem regarding installation in steam ver. for which request to dev to verify my login id so am problem may be solved, if ur active in this forum .

my problem i am using steam ver , first i installed the universal installer, 2nd step activate ,then i installed frm the same menu . after that when i run live update it get stuck in 2/35 after the application exit doing nothing, is this normal 

so can respected simmers and developer out there to help me out

thanks

Edited by sandeepkr70
p

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Of course. If GSX caused crashes, it should cause crashes to everybody, this is a simple logic, but not just that, the most important data we get from the FACTUAL EVIDENCE ( because we must trust users right ? ), is that lots of CTD DID start this week. And most of these users never had GSX in the first place.  If you put the two together, simple logic says it's clear GSX is not the case. Again, correlation is not causation.

That same logic applies to MSFS then... If MSFS suddenly causes CTD's it should happen to everybody. But it clearly doesn't. And without any prove I dare to say that the percentage of MSFS users getting CTD's due to MSFS itself is far smaller than the percentage of GSX users getting a CTD. Do not forget that a lot of people got rid of the CTD's by uninstalling GSX. So if you want to apply logic thinking it is very simple to see that GSX is the most probable cause of CTD's for those who own GSX.

In short: your simple logic fails completely. I think a lot of your customers are annoyed by your repeated attempts to shift the blame to MSFS instead.

Here is some simple logic for you: people (not everyone but an alarming percentage) install GSX and get CTD's. People uninstall GSX and CTD's are gone. Conclusion: GSX must have something to do with it. Even though it doesn't happen to everyone. (Things like this never ever happen to everyone btw.)

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

I had some trouble with GSX and FSL/P3D after some updates . I read somewhere you might need to un-install all GSX related if you encounter CTD with GSX MSFS and do only a MSFS install.

Is this fixed ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

7 hours ago, David Mills said:

GSX isn't really causing CTDs. It's probably Microsoft/Asobo's fault.

So if people are swearing many of CTDs have started after installing GSX, how’s that Asobo’s fault? 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Well luckily whatever it is the next few days should clearly tell if the CTDs were caused by Asobo (and therefore go away when using GSX) or by GSX (and therefore go not away when using GSX). The evidence will be pretty clear then, so let's just wait until the dust settles alright?

I had no CTDs yet with GSX, but I've had some very serious server issues the last two days, mostly by the satellite data not loading correctly.

• Like 1

espected dev

first of all for amaz pro, after reading so much negative remark i bought the gsx pro for msfs steam ver because the product has just been release which is more prone to bugs, which will be shorted out one by one for which they need time.

my problem is my log in account is pending for verification in http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ which is ridicules beacuse i am not able to reg my problem regarding installation in steam ver. for which request to dev to verify my login id so am problem may be solved, if ur active in this forum .

my problem i am using steam ver , first i installed the universal installer, 2nd step activate ,then i installed frm the same menu . after that when i run live update it get stuck in 2/35 after the application exit doing nothing, is this normal 

so can respected simmers and developer out there to help me out

thanks

3 minutes ago, sandeepkr70 said:

Yes this is normal. 35 is the amount of FSDT products overall, you seem to have 2 from them. That's why only 2 are updated. To make sure you can use the "FSDT Installer" app for manual update of GSX (and also configuration).

thanks respected simmer @Fiorentoni

thanks for reply, how to  use "FSDT Installer" app for manual update of GSX (and also configuration).i am not able to understand.sorry for that.

any way thanks for the help, highly app

thanks

Gentlemen to be sure that GSX is the cause of CDT while it tests their original msfs (vanilla) either with SU9 or SU10 beta and see what happens. All delete.
It is common for an addon or third-party software to interact with GSX, we don’t know why it’s already happened in the past under fsx and P3D. Testing this doesn’t cost you anything.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case