Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

34 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

Umberto need an update for the PMDG 737-800. 

It will be ready later today according to Umberto.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

6 minutes ago, David Roch said:

It will be ready later today according to Umberto.

Great news! 🙂 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Hi guys.

I've been following this thread since launch.
But as it had some problems and CTD's, I decided not to buy it yet.

At the moment, how is the GSX?

Do you recommend waiting, or is it already with better performance to be able to buy?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After following Fiorentoni's advice, i no longer had a CTD. GSX works very well for me! Yes you can wait for more update and fix. 🙂 

• Like 3

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

39 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

CTD's weren't caused by GSX, so it seems. Other problems still exist (some even were there in P3D already). I am on the fence... probably will get it in the end, even if I only use it every now and then.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, andrevieira said:

Hi guys.

I've been following this thread since launch.

Do you recommend waiting, or is it already with better performance to be able to buy?

CTDs have nothing to do with GSX. What other problems did you have? Anyway reading the manual is a must, at least when something doesn't work as expected. 99% of all problems are covered there. Keep in mind marketplace airports won't work at the moment, this might be the only reason to "wait" in my eyes.

• Like 2

UPDATE with fixex for the following:

- "Couldn't find valid airport data at this position, services are not available" error, which is due a failure to create the airport cache, because of a corrupted file in the Community. Now this will only result in skipping the affected scenery, not the other folders in the Community.

- No Community folder found at all, also resulting in the "Couldn't find valid airport data at this position, services are not available" error, even if the installer did detect it. This was caused by having an orphaned empty folder from a previous MSFS install, for example when switching from the MS Store version to the Steam version or vice-versa. While this could be fixed by removing the empty folder, the program will now ignore it, and search for the other version as well.

- Towbar Pushback procedure stuck after confirming for engines start when doing a non-custom Pushback.

- Passenger Boarding proceeding too fast with no visible passenger on 3rd party jetways.

- VGDS showing SimBrief's plan Off Time Instead of Out Time.

- Support for PMDG 737-600

- Support for PMDG 737-800

Probably should use the offline installer for now:
To fix this issue, we made a very simple OFFLINE Installer, available here (it's the same file in two separate places, so you only need one:

Download from GDrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NU20pW0twKl_KptypNFZre9nO5h0Q8F2/view?usp=sharing

Download from Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rcjygudgvbccu2w/Addon_Manager.exe/file

This offline installer will make do until we'll be reasonably sure almost all Cloudflare nodes have been updated. You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 7

I literally get new updates daily, is that a thing or the Live Updater just shows that it's updating GSX? heh

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I literally get new updates daily, is that a thing or the Live Updater just shows that it's updating GSX? heh

the update button always works, even if there's no updates.

Make sure to reapply 3rd Party airport exclusion every time you update.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/25/2022 at 5:44 PM, andrevieira said:

I was one of the people experiencing lots of CTDs last weekend when I first installed GSX.

Today, as a test of GSX and general sim stability, I flew four sectors in a row in a single session (with GSX ops before and after each flight) and I had no issues with sim stability over 9 hours.

GSX did freeze on me once before the fourth flight (the menu disappeared and I couldn’t get it back), until I reloaded the Couatl app in the background, but that was very minor and didn’t interrupt the sim session or anything.

The GSX update wasn’t available at the time so hopefully it’s now even more stable than it was earlier today when I used it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe buy now but it is massively limited compared to GSX on P3D, so if you’re coming from there, get ready for disappointment. There’s nothing “Pro” about this GSX. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What is missing?

SODE isn't available, so the jetway editor isn't there but everything else is in it along with some new stuff.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

22 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Maybe buy now but it is massively limited compared to GSX on P3D, so if you’re coming from there, get ready for disappointment. There’s nothing “Pro” about this GSX. 

Wouldn't say "massively". There are definitely bugs that need to be ironed out and very little in the way of integration a-la FSLabs. The latter will obviously depend on aircraft developers. Very likely Leonardo MD82 will "communicate" with GSX, almost certainly PMDG won't! As for the Fenix A320 remains to be seen.

• Like 1