Sign in to follow this  
environmental_ice

FS Realistic

I've been using the trial. Honest opinion is I'm not entirely sure this is a must have like I saw somewhere on here. What does everyone else think? Is it because I mostly fly Jets (737/A320) that I'm not completely sold? Is this add on more for general aviation? I think what I was most interested in was the turbulence camera movements but MSFS already has almost zero. All my approaches are smooth so the effect doesn't do anything.

thoughts?

37 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

I've been using the trial. Honest opinion is I'm not entirely sure this is a must have like I saw somewhere on here. What does everyone else think? Is it because I mostly fly Jets (737/A320) that I'm not completely sold? Is this add on more for general aviation? I think what I was most interested in was the turbulence camera movements but MSFS already has almost zero. All my approaches are smooth so the effect doesn't do anything.

thoughts?

I love it, jacks up the realism 100%..

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

...FWIW, I was initially miffed because the company spammed my email about the product, but I *need* it for those mains and nose-wheel touchdown jiggles! 😛

Edited by rlk281

Once you create your own defaults for the new aircraft in the various classes (which makes tweaking a new aircraft much simpler) it becomes relatively painless to use and is actually pretty immersive. 

27 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

The main and nose wheel touch down effects alone make it a must-have.

I love the speed brake and flap rumbles just like in real life. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use it only for touchdown/nose wheel/taxi undercarriage rumble effects

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I have it, and I'm very happy with it. I do fly the smaller planes, mostly the Kodiak and the C310 right now, and it adds a ton of immersion for me.

Make sure you are downloading presets from the cloud within the menu system for your plane. Find one that is close to what you like and tweak if necessary.

I'm getting random CTDs with FS Realistic while flying the HJet.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I love the effects for GA flights, but I must say that they're not really adding much for jetliner flights. Having never been in a jetliner cockpit in flight in RL, I can't say whether half the sounds we (as simmers) *expect* to hear - ie. flaps, engines, gear etc. - can be actually be heard. Personally, I'm not that bothered about random VC and/.or cabin sounds either when in a jetliner.

However - it's great for the smaller GA aircraft.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks everyone. I just had to hear a few things I maybe am not appreciating. I do like the rumble affects on touchdown and taxi as well. Maybe I'll just turn most of the other sounds off. I feel like the FBW32NX has good enough sounds for everything already 

The good thing about FSRealistic is that you can link aircraft to existing profiles ... so you can do generic versions for singles, twin, jets etc. and assign them quickly when you launch a new aircraft.

*BUT* I have to admit I do sometimes get the odd startup lockup when I have it set to autostart with the sim. I'm not sure whether it's that or the Google Earth addon (or combination of both) that's doing it.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I know most people dont seem fond of the sneezing effect, but I have really come to appreciate it. So random and loud, I jump out of my seat most times. While its unnerving initially, it never fails to give me a good chuckle. That alone is worth half the price of the addon for me 😁

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

The good thing about FSRealistic is that you can link aircraft to existing profiles ... so you can do generic versions for singles, twin, jets etc. and assign them quickly when you launch a new aircraft.

*BUT* I have to admit I do sometimes get the odd startup lockup when I have it set to autostart with the sim. I'm not sure whether it's that or the Google Earth addon (or combination of both) that's doing it.

I don't use Google earth, and it starts every time for me. 

11 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I know most people dont seem fond of the sneezing effect, but I have really come to appreciate it. So random and loud, I jump out of my seat most times. While its unnerving initially, it never fails to give me a good chuckle. That alone is worth half the price of the addon for me 😁

That was the first thing I turned off.  😀

• Like 2