Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

8 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Or people are just, y'know... having different experiences than you with their hardware and settings configurations.

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks for your first post Thalinor, but this is not correct. 
I have a 3080Ti and I am seeing a significant increase in performance with DLSS (4k ultra settings) compared to the standard TAA.
The only problem is the flat screens are slightly blurry, which can be alleviated slightly by increasing the sharpening. 

I am certainly sticking with DLSS, and the slight blurriness on the screens really isn't that bad.  I don't even take notice of it now.

If people don't see any performance increase, it can be because they are main thread limited on the CPU, but there are plenty of people seeing the performance increase. 
My 12900k CPU had plenty of headroom, so DLSS is now making it really fly, if you excuse the pun.  :biggrin:

https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/keynote/

You can watch the video yourself, it’s straight from the horses mouth.  I’m glad YOU are seeing improvements but according to nvidia executives the game driver is not ready and you won’t see improvements until it is done.  The guy doesn’t mention the non-game ready driver already been updated in this video, but others are saying it’s done so I will trust them it’s the case.

You can watch the video, I only mentioned it because I had literally just watched it hours before live and they talked about this exact issue.  That’s what they said.

FYI as the video says it’s their CEO talking, he said it yesterday, he mentioned MSFS and used footage in the video, explicitly mentioned the driver not being ready so we wouldn’t see much if any improvement until it was done.  He says it very clearly.  No mistake.  Watch the video.

Edited by Thalinor
Grammar

12 minutes ago, AnkH said:

130FPS in the 3rd person view somewhere high above ground is not that impressive,

hmmm, I haven't seen those 130 fps anywhere before DLLS3, besides there was also a scene inside the Extra 300 cockpit doing aerobatics around the Eiffel tower at 130 fps. Agree, should have done that with the 737 instead. but perhaps you are right and we have to put up with measly 60 fps in EGGL, JFK etc. that would be a shame. lets skip the RTX 4000 and wait for the 5000.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

24 minutes ago, Thalinor said:

https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/keynote/
You can watch the video yourself, it’s straight from the horses mouth.  I’m glad YOU are seeing improvements but according to nvidia executives the game driver is not ready and you won’t see improvements until it is done.  The guy doesn’t mention the non-game ready driver already been updated in this video, but others are saying it’s done so I will trust them it’s the case.

You can watch the video, I only mentioned it because I had literally just watched it hours before live and they talked about this exact issue.  That’s what they said.

FYI as the video says it’s their CEO talking, he said it yesterday, he mentioned MSFS and used footage in the video, explicitly mentioned the driver not being ready so we wouldn’t see much if any improvement until it was done.  He says it very clearly.  No mistake.  Watch the video.

Yes, I have watched it.  I understand what you are thinking, but he is talking about the new DLSS v3 with the new 4000 series cards, and using MSFS in that example.

We are on DLSS v2 in MSFS and it is working fine with cards such as the 3080 / 3090 etc.  V2 and previously V1 have been functioning in all games that enable it for years. 
Asobo have enabled DLSS v2 in MSFS, and it is working just fine and delivering performance improvements if you get your settings right and your PC is capable.

We won't be getting 135 fps in DLSS v2 :biggrin:, but it has raised my performance so I can just about get 60 fps at 4k if I want.  I couldn't do this before switching to DLSS (v2).

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Actually I can't, I only have the option to uninstall 0.14.0

Yes because that is actually the outdated one. The default NXi is the one that will be updated from now on.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 minutes ago, turbomax said:

hmmm, I haven't seen those 130 fps anywhere before DLLS3, besides there was also a scene inside the Extra 300 cockpit doing aerobatics around the Eiffel tower at 130 fps. Agree, should have done that with the 737 instead. but perhaps you are right and we have to put up with measly 60 fps in EGGL, JFK etc. that would be a shame. lets skip the RTX 4000 and wait for the 5000.

Maybe I’m just old or just awful at gaming, but I’ve been “playing” ms flight sims for over 35 years (I’m in my mid 40’s) going way back to the beginning.  I don’t want to go that far back as I can’t remember but ever since fs98 I’ve been simming at 20fps locked with little notice of the low frames.  MSFS runs maxed out everything graphics (that I know of, I will check again as I just bought it this last sale and still use/love FSX) at around 40-50fps on my new rig I just built for around $1500.  FSX runs at around the same fps because it’s a 32 bit app and I have it not only maxed out but a huge load of addons.  In some places of the world when I fly due to addons, my FSX looks sim better than MSFS, again both with maxed graphics.  

Remember tube tvs had a refresh in the US of about 30 for the longest time.  We still watched racing and didn’t see lag.  This idea we all need 240fps is not correct.  I play space sims like the X series (x4 foundations for example is) capped at 60 fps on a 60hz 1080p flat screen and have ZERO lag. 

If I gamed for money, especially in fps games then it would matter.  If I was sensitive to refresh like some people it would matter.  It’s true, I would love to see 60 fps locked with msfs when these new drivers come out, that’s my goal for everything I run now, maxed graphics everything on the highest settings, capped at the tvs 60 fps refresh.  To each their own.  20 fps was standard for me until a few weeks ago and I was fine with it as long as my graphics looked great I didn’t notice (I also mainly just fly general aviation aircraft, from the in cockpit 3D view and not jets or external).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I have watched it.  I understand what you are thinking, but he is talking about the new DLSS v3 with the new 4000 series cards, and using MSFS in that example.

We are on DLSS v2 in MSFS and it is working fine with cards such as the 3080 / 3090 etc.  V2 and previously V1 have been functioning in all games that enable it for years. 
Asobo have enabled DLSS v2 in MSFS, and it is working just fine and delivering performance improvements if you get your settings right and your PC is capable.

We won't be getting 135 fps in DLSS v2 :biggrin:, but it has raised mine so I can just about get 60 fps at 4k if I want.  I couldn't do this before switching to DLSS (v2).

If that’s the case my bad and sorry for the double post.  Anyway, I’m out have a good day everyone.

Edited by Thalinor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thalinor said:

If that’s the case my bad.

No a problem Thalinor.  I have problems keeping up with all the new technology changes myself.  Stick around!  I am giving you your first like to get you started. :smile: 

• Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

What am I missing here.  From all I've read DX12 and DLSS is dependent on the new nVidia Game Ready driver that hasn't been released.  The Studio Driver has nothing to do with MSFS.

So it seems some are getting the cart before the horse.  I seems to me that the new driver will eliminate all the problems listed in the pages of comments in this thread.

I'm staying with DX11 until it comes out. DX12 is still Beta.

Roy

Edited by Roy Warren

51 minutes ago, turbomax said:

but perhaps you are right and we have to put up with measly 60 fps in EGGL, JFK etc. that would be a shame.

Either you are totally new to flight simulations and you should rather go back playing COD or you are not serious here. 60 FPS on a full blown addon EGLL including AI traffic and bad weather would be a dream to have. I doubt you will get that even with the RTX 4000 cards and DLSS 3.0, but happy to be convinced otherwise once they are released. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Either you are totally new to flight simulations and you should rather go back playing COD or you are not serious here. 60 FPS on a full blown addon EGLL including AI traffic and bad weather would be a dream to have. I doubt you will get that even with the RTX 4000 cards and DLSS 3.0, but happy to be convinced otherwise once they are released. 

He was definitely being sarcastic.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

27 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

From all I've read DX12 and DLSS is dependent on the new nVidia Game Ready driver that hasn't been released

DLSS works in both DX12 and DX11. You don't need the newest Gamer Ready driver but you do need a fairly recent version

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

8 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Never use VSYNC IMO.  Its an artificial performance limitation.

And that's a purely artificial reason for not using Vsync--if you want actual SMOOTHEST performance, it's Vsync every time, be it MSFS or P3D.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Thalinor said:

If people don't see any performance increase, it can be because they are main thread limited on the CPU, but there are plenty of people seeing the performance increase. 

I'm MT limited always, when I am limited, and I do see a modest improvement in total performance w/ SU10, but it's modest at best.  I've been able to bump T-LOD by about 20-25%% at the most complex terminals in the PMDG 738.  So this equates to really no perceptible difference--only measured improvements since no one can discern the visual difference between T-LOD of 100, or 125.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X