Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

20 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Are you using the latest Studio driver from NVidia? If you’re using DX 12, you will only see the benefits with the latest Studio driver from NVidia, which was released about 1 or 2 days ago. The Game Ready driver has not been released yet with the fix for MSFS,

fair enough! I'll reserve judgment until I try the driver

• Like 1

Woohoo! ^ That looks encouraging, using all the cores!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

52 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Woohoo! ^ That looks encouraging, using all the cores!

Indeed 🎉🎈 In fact I think the performance in DX12 is as good as the "holy grail" performance we saw in the initial beta 🍾

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I may have found a bug, but it's minor. When some planes stall, there is no possibility of recovering, you must actually reload the plane for it to work. Maybe it's my mod, but I doubt it since I just modded the graphics. The plane will keep falling nearly straight down unrealistically even when you should have recovered. Hence, I can even use Y and move the plane to 25,000+ feet, and get the speed to ridiculous levels and there is no possibility of a recovery.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

34 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I may have found a bug, but it's minor. When some planes stall, there is no possibility of recovering, you must actually reload the plane for it to work. Maybe it's my mod, but I doubt it since I just modded the graphics. The plane will keep falling nearly straight down unrealistically even when you should have recovered. Hence, I can even use Y and move the plane to 25,000+ feet, and get the speed to ridiculous levels and there is no possibility of a recovery.

Funny you should mention that. It's happened to me three times (with different aircraft). Prior to SU10 it hardly ever did this. I'm wondering whether controllers sensitivities are to blame <?>. It's hard to believe that flight models have been affected globally - even payware ones <?>.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Your right, but I'm thinking it's probably been there for a while. I first noticed it on the PMDG 737-600 in SU-9, but not sure if it's the same issue. I lost my engines and was gliding down, and once the initial no-engine descent started, the game was pulling me towards the ground like a magnet and there was no way for a landing.

The last two times it happened on the PA-44 and the V35 by Carenado, these were even more severe. The V35 was literally dropping almost 90 degrees straight down in a completely bugged out like fashion.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

Dang, I think this is my favorite update yet. Well done Asobo and thanks to all the beta testers. I'm enjoying the word not allowed out of it. 😄

They finally fixed the flight planner which was hosed since SU5, they fixed this stupid issue with offline ATC speech, the clouds look totally dope and I am a very happy camper right now. It's time to address the ATC and AI in SU11, or at least release small incremental updates. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Dang, I think this is my favorite update yet. Well done Asobo and thanks to all the beta testers. I'm enjoying the word not allowed out of it. 😄

I was just thinking that. We're 24 hours in, and I haven't seen any of those gawd awful complaint threads. 

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

It even seems to load faster now from a scratch fresh load, but I am having issues trying to get the GTN-750 mods working on the Carenados... Hopefully the mod makers will update them, unless it's on my side.

11 hours ago, Brocky120 said:

This is called a DLSS overlay. Google "How to remove DLSS overlay"and you will find some articles on how to remove it.

Thank you, found it.

I have a weird glitch where the game hangs whenever I end the flight to go back to the main menu. Tooltip prompts change, blue loading bar moves. Stopped waiting for it after about 15 minutes.

Not a big deal, but now I have to fight the "DO YOU WANT TO LOAD IN SAFE MODE!?" prompt every time I start.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Running great here so far 2 hours into a 5 hour flight and I'm running DX11 still.  Won't try DX12 with the new fancy features till new driver comes out.  New Fenix update is amazing too.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

15 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

Just to throw some more fuel on the fire I decided to try DX12 again but with the DA40 NG this time and the VRAM usage on my card was around 5 out of 7 gigs. No problem running out of RAM at all. FPS was decent as well. My previous attempt was in the PMDG 737 where the VRAM in my 8 Gig card was being overrun very quickly.

I suppose the 737 has a lot more cockpit textures to push to the video card and this is where the problem comes in for 8 Gig cards.

[Edit]: Forgot to mention that I'm using the studio driver.

My experience is thus:

With the Studio driver, my 3090 is using 13.4 GB VRAM in the Fenix with 4K textures, graphics at max apart from clouds on High, DX12 and TAA. Frames locked at 30 (50% refresh rate) and very smooth, both on the ground and in the air.

(This was a flight from Canberra to Adelaide).

Not sure if this similar to what others see with a 3090 in 4K?

Anyway, glad I have the VRAM overhead!

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Gave DX12 a try with the old driver still. Performance seems a little bit worse so for the first time since buying MSFS I decided to turn on dev mode and enable the fps tool. Loaded the Fenix at LFPG.
DX12: top fps (average): 30, drops to 21
DX11: top fps (average): 32, drops to 24
So hardly a difference but DX11 felt better so I will stick with that until the new game ready driver is available.

BUT... I noticed one great improvement!!! Loading times! I didn't read anything about that or I must have missed it? But it used to take a long time before I got to the main menu but now:
From clicking the icon to Installation manager: 20 seconds
Next window (progress bar immediately at 50%): 34 seconds (these are total times)
Main menu (when progress bar was at around 85%): 1.08 minute
In cockpit (after quickly selecting gate at LFPG): 2.00 minute (note that selecting gate also took time)

That's a lot quicker than it used to be! From starting MSFS to being in the cockpit in 2 minutes! I used to not fly whenever I had little time and often I wouldn't wait for MSFS to load but... this I can wait for! Nice! This is better than it was before the update and certainly a LOT better than it was when MSFS was released LOL

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Is Fenix a320 also showing this behavior? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png