Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

8 hours ago, northtexas said:

Have you found any solution for the VFR map zoom in & out problem using the mouse scroll?

I got it all working by adding zoom controls to both keyboard and mouse sections. I'm sure they used to be there by default prior to SU10.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

It's strange after updating the latest nvidia driver (uninstalling the old one with DDU) DX12 activated RTX380 I can't select DLSS in the MSFS option menu... Does anyone have the same problem ?

Quick question, don’t want to start a whole new SU10 topic - should I be deleting the WT Garmin NXi mod in my Community Folder?

I would assume that it will be overriding the default NXi which is now superior (effectively the mod but updated even further with SU10)?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 minute ago, RaptyrOne said:

Quick question

Quick answer: yes. It’s now installed from the Marketplace.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Quick question, don’t want to start a whole new SU10 topic - should I be deleting the WT Garmin NXi mod in my Community Folder?

I would assume that it will be overriding the default NXi which is now superior (effectively the mod but updated even further with SU10)?

No, you should update it, if it not the latest and keep it.  3rd party aircraft may use it.

BTW, it was never in your Community folder... but in the Official folder.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

No, you should update it, if it not the latest and keep it.  3rd party aircraft may use it.

Thanks Bert - I have two entries for the NXI in the Content Manager. One is a very small size file (can’t recall exact file sizes). One has the NXi image as an icon and the other is just a grey MSFS box. Is that normal?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

13 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Alright, but you’re not convincing me that g-sync has any value. 😛

No one can convince you with words. You have to see it and experience it. The official 'full' G-Sync monitor I bought a year ago was my best hardware purchase in years. MSFS is utterly and completely and realistically smooth. And I don't have a super system, run everying at ultra and mainly fly the Fenix A320. I specially notice the difference when looking sideways: without the G-Sync monitor everything would pass by ever so slightly (up to really badly) stuttering. Not too bad but clearly not smooth at all. With G-Sync it is as smooth as it can be.

I only have some stuttering every now and then when I (quickly) look around with TrackIR but once I settled my view it is 100% smooth. Love it.

BTW I tried various v-sync options but low power mode doesn't work here. The GPU still goes into overdrive up to 100% when I pause the sim and minimise it. I'll just forget about that mode, I am done fooling around with it and rather fly.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, tup61 said:

The GPU still goes into overdrive up to 100% when I pause the sim and minimise it.

what I do in such situations: pretend to load/save a flight and leave that menu "save /load as ..." open. only then do CPU and GPU settle down to single digit load numbers.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

19 minutes ago, turbomax said:

what I do in such situations: pretend to load/save a flight and leave that menu "save /load as ..." open. only then do CPU and GPU settle down to single digit load numbers.

Thanks, I'll give that a try! 

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

Holy cow... that worked! As soon as I had the window open (where you have to browse to the location you want to 'save' the game) both CPU and GPU dropped to ZERO!!! All fans turned off almost immediately! Nice! I will use this method whenever I have to pause the sim for a longer period! It's done in three clicks! Awesome! 🙂 Who needs that low power mode LOL Now I finally can do flights even when I know I can't finish them in one go! Very happy with this! Thanks again!

EDIT Guess where I 'paused' the sim LOL! This works even better than that low power mode will ever do!!!

spacer.png

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2

737NG Driver's (IRL 737 pilot) views on live weather improvements in SU10

"... overall this feels pretty much like what I'm used to in the real aircraft.. in my opionion the new turbulence model is actually absolutely fantastic, I really like it, you need to actively fly that airplane to keep it where I want it to, just like in the real airplane ..."

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Oh, that's interesting. The introduction of gusts have caused a lot of discussion at the official forums. But then again simmers always have very strong opinions on weather 🙂

EDIT: There's also positive opinions:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/thanks-asobo-this-turbulence-is-absolutely-spot-on/544851

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

14 hours ago, toby23 said:

Using DLSS and DX11 at 1440p with my RTX 3060 and the Studio Drivers, my FPS have gone up to an average of 70 compared to 45 using TAA, YMMV.

Edit - Studio drivers make no difference with DX11, so I have gone back to the game ready ones. Performance is the same.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

"... overall this feels pretty much like what I'm used to in the real aircraft.. in my opionion the new turbulence model is actually absolutely fantastic, I really like it, you need to actively fly that airplane to keep it where I want it to, just like in the real airplane ..."

Just finished watching the video. Highly recommended. It's impressive how skilled he is in dealing with these conditions. He basically set a 90 degree x-wind to the runway with gusts (22G41). Just have to love it when he says "And don't flare too much, just throw it down on that runway" 🤣

I wonder if a lot of people are negative towards gusts (and turbulence) because it increases the difficulty? And indeed it is more difficult handling the aircraft in these conditions. I think @sd_flyer recently said something like "I hate gusts" 🙂 I remember from my own PPL training that flying in lots of turbulence and landing in x-winds with gusts could be a real struggle. After those turbulence flights I was quite exhausted - it's a real workout trying to manage a light aircraft in such conditions. 

EDIT: Another gem from this video: 

"And note it is absolutely not easy to fly this but if flying in maximum crosswind conditions was easy then we could also put monkeys in the flight deck" 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

Just saw the video myself and I do hope some more knowledgeable people get through to Asobo to avoid them changing a realistic gust implementation because the broad masses don't know what they're talking about. Sorry for sounding cynical but we've had this before, following the big noise which was completely uninformed ending up making the experience worse/less realistic. I just departed myself in gusty conditions and boy did I have a fun time finally battling some realistic gusts, having a handful to do flying manually.

Make the gusts/turbulence weaker - complaining ensues. Make them stronger (realistic) - complaining ensues...

• Like 5

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD